TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelbys are magnets to wanker drivers

MikeCMM

So I'm driving through town this morning like I do every Saturday. I messed up by not getting out early enough before people started getting up to start their day. I was in the right lane and the traffic was moving slow due to a huge gathering for homecoming Vets from the Gulf. I had a Chevy pick up truck pass me on the left so I pulled in behind him and get in that lane to avoid any traffic tie ups. Mind you we're doing 30 miles an hour and I'm taking it easy.

We got stopped at a traffic light and when the light turned green the clown in the pick up truck in front of me stomps on the accelerator causing his tailgate to open. Now out flies his cooler full of beer and ice along with some other odds and ends right in front of me. I am now looking at a lane full of broken glass and debris.

Needless to say I was ticked. I navigated through all the junk but couldn't stop to think if this nut was trying to show me how awesome his crummy Chevy was.

Okay...rant over. You guys enjoy your weekend and look out for screwballs. They're everywhere.

M

Note to soldiers returning home: Thank you for your service. We're all proud of you! :salute:

So I'm driving through town this morning like I do every Saturday. I messed up by not getting out early enough before people started getting up to start their day. I was in the right lane and the traffic was moving slow due to a huge gathering for homecoming Vets from the Gulf. I had a Chevy pick up truck pass me on the left so I pulled in behind him and get in that lane to avoid any traffic tie ups. Mind you we're doing 30 miles an hour and I'm taking it easy.

We got stopped at a traffic light and when the light turned green the clown in the pick up truck in front of me stomps on the accelerator causing his tailgate to open. Now out flies his cooler full of beer and ice along with some other odds and ends right in front of me. I am now looking at a lane full of broken glass and debris.

Needless to say I was ticked. I navigated through all the junk but couldn't stop to think if this nut was trying to show me how awesome his crummy Chevy was.

Okay...rant over. You guys enjoy your weekend and look out for screwballs. They're everywhere.

M

Note to soldiers returning home: Thank you for your service. We're all proud of you! :salute:

I hear ya Mikey, I don't know how many times I've had to dust some clown in a 6000 pound truck because he thought he had to defend his "manhood"

Hope it didn't damage the car

I'll have to agree with the thread title... When I take out my Bullitt, I don't notice anyone driving worse than they usually do (though badly around here), but when in the KR, it seems that they all need to tailgate closely enough to read the faux gas filler in the rear. I try not to drive the KR around town. It likes open road best, anyway.

I hear ya Mikey, I don't know how many times I've had to dust some clown in a 6000 pound truck because he thought he had to defend his "manhood"

Hope it didn't damage the car

The car was okay. The worst that happened was the loss of beer even though it was Bud Light. If it was Hofbrau or Spaten I would have stopped and looked for survivors and then taken the Igloo cooler as well. :hysterical:

And I have to agree with Oldlugs as well. For some reason when I take out her SGT I'm pretty much left alone. The SGT blends in alittle better.

I would guess from the title of the post that Mike wouldn't care if it was a Bud Light that went down the drain, he would probably be looking for a Fosters, Tooheys, VB, or Coopers... am I right?

:yup:

Aussie beer is just as good as anything from Germany.

This story reminds me of the wanker I encountered. I'm driving down the freeway at about 60 and I slow down because a truck is merging onto the freeway in front of me. I slow down to 50 because I can't get over to the far left lane because of traffic.

As the guy gets up to 50 MPH I see a few bear cans start swirling around in the back of his truck bed.:censored: Then it happens ----> 24 cans and a empty sack start flying out of his truck airborn.:banghead: They are going everywhere. I slow way down because I could not change lanes. A couple of the empty cans hit the front of my bumper and the rest are hitting other cars on the freeway.

After all the cans are done flying around, I speed up and motion the guy to pull off the freeway at the next exit. I was pissed.:rant2:

Luckly....my clear bra by Ventureshield saved the front of the bumper from any damage. I'm lucky one of the cans did not hit the top of my hood or pillars.

This story reminds me of the wanker I encountered. I'm driving down the freeway at about 60 and I slow down because a truck is merging onto the freeway in front of me. I slow down to 50 because I can't get over to the far left lane because of traffic.

As the guy gets up to 50 MPH I see a few bear cans start swirling around in the back of his truck bed.:censored: Then it happens ----> 24 cans and a empty sack start flying out of his truck airborn.:banghead: They are going everywhere. I slow way down because I could not change lanes. A couple of the empty cans hit the front of my bumper and the rest are hitting other cars on the freeway.

After all the cans are done flying around, I speed up and motion the guy to pull off the freeway at the next exit. I was pissed.:rant2:

Luckly....my clear bra by Ventureshield saved the front of the bumper from any damage. I'm lucky one of the cans did not hit the top of my hood or pillars.

Sorry to hear about that Rob. I got lucky because I never got much over 15 miles an hour when this happened. I saw it coming when the cooler fell back and it was like slow motion after that.

I don't know. Maybe the guy was in a hurry but it got me to thinking if he did it to flex some bowtie muscle. Next time I'll leave earlier.

Sorry to hear about that Rob. I got lucky because I never got much over 15 miles an hour when this happened. I saw it coming when the cooler fell back and it was like slow motion after that.

I don't know. Maybe the guy was in a hurry but it got me to thinking if he did it to flex some bowtie muscle. Next time I'll leave earlier.

I'm glad both you and I got Lucky. I thought for sure I would of had a nick or something. I sure was relieved that I did not take any damage.

You just never know what could happen.

Some people are just stupid !!!

stomps on the accelerator causing his tailgate to open. Now out flies his cooler full of beer and ice along with some other odds and ends

Was it good beer?

Fugger. Should'a had him arrested for alcohol abuse.....

Phill (No good beer gets wasted, only good beer drinkers)

Archived