TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Personalized Plates

F150 Duke

I can't say I really care for those...but, I can't think of any alternatives at the moment.

Yeah, I didn't think they were the greatest. I'm just completely stumped. So for now I'll have to be boring and be a regular Joe.

IGOVRRM is still available in my state. I'm submitting my application on Monday as I'll have the dealer paperwork then because I pickup the car on SATURDAY! I'm super pumped and can hardly sleep or work because I'm thinking about it.

Congrats! Make sure you have a lot of gas money saved up. You're not going to want to stop driving!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IGOVRRM is still available in my state. I'm submitting my application on Monday as I'll have the dealer paperwork then because I pickup the car on SATURDAY! I'm super pumped and can hardly sleep or work because I'm thinking about it.

Awesome...just try to make time slow down a bit while you're picking up the car. Enjoy every second of it...because there's not much else like that feeling of seeing your car for the first time and getting in it.

Awesome...just try to make time slow down a bit while you're picking up the car. Enjoy every second of it...because there's not much else like that feeling of seeing your car for the first time and getting in it.

There were so many people watching me get in my car and start it up the first time I was more worried about stalling it when pulling it out than enjoying the moment ( =

There were so many people watching me get in my car and start it up the first time I was more worried about stalling it when pulling it out than enjoying the moment ( =

LOL! Yeah...I wasn't worried about stalling the car so much as going flying through the storefront across the street!

I did seriously have them move one other car that was in my "path" before I pulled out of the parking spot and onto the road! True! All I kept doing was picturing myself backing into another car after I've driven for a total distance of 20ft. :finger:

LOL! Yeah...I wasn't worried about stalling the car so much as going flying through the storefront across the street!

I did seriously have them move one other car that was in my "path" before I pulled out of the parking spot and onto the road! True! All I kept doing was picturing myself backing into another car after I've driven for a total distance of 20ft. :finger:

LOL, I'm glad I'm not the only guy worrying about looking foolish and stalling the car as I pull away! I'm going to test drive it and go through it with a fine tooth comb and on the lift before officially signing it.

• 2 months later...

I thought a while about my vanity plate. Connecticut limits you to 6 characters, all letters or a comb of letters and numbers but they have to either start the plate and have to be separated with a . Example: ABCDEF, 123.ABC, ABC.123 or 12.ABCD

So it was tough. I ordered the CT Verteran plate with 550.HP

My sister in-law said BLOME but I don't think that CT would allow it and it's great for about 10 mins.

After two solid months I FINALLY got my plates in the mail! Minnesota is definitely starting to get cheaper on making the plates. They are thinner, lighter and the numbers are printed on now instead of stamped. Now I just need to get that front hideaway plate bracket installed.

Ok, I came up with a plate. It's for my new ride (no longer own the Shelby). I want to put it out here and see if anyone can get it. Should have done this first as I want to make sure people can interpret it, but oh well. Here it is. No cheating Blue Star. ;) *see sig for new ride

NTPSHRD

I didn't check the PM yet...so I don't know what it is. I keep trying to guess...but all I keep coming up with is "Night Shepherd"! fve0iq.gif

Ok, I came up with a plate. It's for my new ride (no longer own the Shelby). I want to put it out here and see if anyone can get it. Should have done this first as I want to make sure people can interpret it, but oh well. Here it is. No cheating Blue Star. ;) *see sig for new ride

NTPSHRD

not push rod??

• 2 weeks later...

I just checked this today and it took me less than a 1/2 minute. I believe it will be difficult for most non-car nuts. On the other hand - What's that mean? - is always a good conversation starter at car shows.

ShelbyLt

Yeah, I suspected it would be quite difficult for the non-car enthusiasts, but that's ok with me. I'm aiming at the people (90% of them so far) who think they Ford went back to the old 5.0 that it used to be. For some reason, it really chaps me. :-) I absolutely hate pushrod engines now that I've been tinkering with mod motors.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived