TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Personalized Plates

F150 Duke

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the quest for personalized plates begins for the 2011. I was thinking 11GT500 but the wife likes IGOVRRM. Which is funny but a bit feminine sounding. Maybe it'll grow on me. Any ideas?

do a search and youll get plenty of ideas,I like ones that says something about the car,not just the name i have 3 vanity plates 2kool, coool, and GR8881--i like your wifes idea

I'm not one for the personalized plates...I find many of them to be too cliche at this point...the "hssss" or "venom" or "poison" and on and on. (no offense to any one)

I'd go with either some straight forward like you mentioned in "11GT500" . I must say that I like your wifes suggestion though...at least its a bit original compared to most I've heard and it sort of brings a smile to my face when I think of getting behind a car with a plate that says that.

Soo....I think my vote would actually go for "IGOVRRM"

This would work for Grabber Blue too. happy%20feet.gif

GT5002009Pics101.jpg

Lol I actually was thinking about that too! But then wouldn't feel too original. The igovrrm does make me laugh each time and puts a big smile on my wife face so it might win out. I think I have 30 days to register in minnesota. I need to double check. I wish i could find a site that checks to see if the plate is available.

I'm usually not a big fan of personalized plates but I think it works on fun cars.

The igovrrm does make me laugh each time and puts a big smile on my wife face so it might win out. I think I have 30 days to register in minnesota. I need to double check. I wish i could find a site that checks to see if the plate is available.

I'm usually not a big fan of personalized plates but I think it works on fun cars.

Yeah, I think you should for go for "Igovrrm"...I'm sure your wife would feel good about you taking her suggestion too.

11GT500 gets my vote. Lets face it, most people in the usa think these cars are mustangs. At least by putting that on the back helps id the car better. And, if you still have the car twenty years down the road it would help id. the year. I secured that plate in nc, no one else in nc can have it.

do a search and youll get plenty of ideas,I like ones that says something about the car,not just the name i have 3 vanity plates 2kool, coool, and GR8881--i like your wifes idea

I agree with this idea. When/if I move on to another car, the plate can remain relevant.

DSC_0113.jpg

Thank you for the input tents. I am calling on Monday to see if igovrrm is available. I am also delaying pickup till next Monday so they can install the power passenger seat.

Is this a reference to a govenor ?:headscratch:

Thank you for the input tents. I am calling on Monday to see if igovrrm is available. I am also delaying pickup till next Monday so they can install the power passenger seat.

You may have a form to fill out with more than one space for alternate choices. Also, they may tell you if it is avaliable as you turn it in. You should consider before you get there - if you want to bring a list - or would only be satisfied with your first choice. ShelbyLt.

I just ordered my CA vanity plate sitting on my sofa. Just logged on to my states DMV and clicked on order vanity plates. Of course someone already took 11GT500 so I came up with something even more clever. It will be shipped to my local DMV office in 8-12 weeks and they will notify me one it get there to do the plate swap.

I agree with this idea. When/if I move on to another car, the plate can remain relevant.

DSC_0113.jpg

That's a good one - one of the best I've seen! I may even like it a little better than mine. However, we have been limited to only 6 characters. We are now going to 7 characters with vanity plates, but it's being done by a private company and the prices are BS.

Here's mine... I got the idea from an AC Cobra running on a track in CA about a decade ago.

892189104_FFurZ-L.jpg

That's a good one - one of the best I've seen! I may even like it a little better than mine. However, we have been limited to only 6 characters. We are now going to 7 characters with vanity plates, but it's being done by a private company and the prices are BS.

Here's mine... I got the idea from an AC Cobra running on a track in CA about a decade ago.

892189104_FFurZ-L.jpg

Thanks! I had orignally planned to go with UD LOSE (you'd lose), but the wife talked me into the current plate. Your plate rocks and the sticker is awesome.

IGOVRRM will be cool. I think that's a pretty good choice.

I'm completely stumped on a vanity plate. I'm not a fan of the ones that simply state what the car is, but I'm also not a fan of the ones that are provocative, i.e. UDLOSE, etc. My 2000 GT with a 298 stroker has JUSTAGT on it. I like that one and had considered transferring it over to the Shelby, but the wife thinks it doesn't fit. So, thus far I have nothing. Had the car for 8 months, still just have a plain old plate. I did have a couple ideas, I'd like some opinions since it's everyone else that reads them.

FRCDAIR

SWTWHNE

Thoughts?

IGOVRRM will be cool. I think that's a pretty good choice.

I'm completely stumped on a vanity plate. I'm not a fan of the ones that simply state what the car is, but I'm also not a fan of the ones that are provocative, i.e. UDLOSE, etc. My 2000 GT with a 298 stroker has JUSTAGT on it. I like that one and had considered transferring it over to the Shelby, but the wife thinks it doesn't fit. So, thus far I have nothing. Had the car for 8 months, still just have a plain old plate. I did have a couple ideas, I'd like some opinions since it's everyone else that reads them.

FRCDAIR

SWTWHNE

Thoughts?

Back when I rode sport bikes and I was always in a hurry my plate was: IGOT2P

Back when I rode sport bikes and I was always in a hurry my plate was: IGOT2P

I just got my vanity plate 2011SVT.....seemed the best choice after 11gt500 was taken......

So the quest for personalized plates begins for the 2011. I was thinking 11GT500 but the wife likes IGOVRRM. Which is funny but a bit feminine sounding. Maybe it'll grow on me. Any ideas?

We are limited to 6 characters here in Missouri, so we went with "SNK VNM". I had an ongoing debate with my son as to how many people would understand what it meant, surprsingly, almost everyone has immediately said the correct answer, snake venom.

We are limited to 6 characters here in Missouri, so we went with "SNK VNM". I had an ongoing debate with my son as to how many people would understand what it meant, surprsingly, almost everyone has immediately said the correct answer, snake venom.

That is a good one... since I'm a MO. resident as well I've been thinking about this one... NOBYOT (NO BUY OUT).

IGOVRRM is still available in my state. I'm submitting my application on Monday as I'll have the dealer paperwork then because I pickup the car on SATURDAY! I'm super pumped and can hardly sleep or work because I'm thinking about it.

Archived