TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What products do you use for your dash?

I use an unusual product, i'm sure...

303 Aerospace Protectant

I've used it for years...started because it was recommended for the vinyl graphics on my RV...soon I was using it on all vinyls, plastics, etc., such as my Shelby stripes and my dash, the black trim, etc.

I like it because it protects and isn't shiny plus it seems to have worked very well over time. I buy it by the gallon as it costs the least that way, and apply it w/ a cotton cloth. I even put it on my wiper blades so they'll last longer.

edit - oh yeah, great for tires too...although sometimes I'll put the Mequiars Tire Shine on my Shelby for the shows.....

After I clean the outside of the car with spray detailer the microfiber towel has enough of the cleaner to work as a damp dust rag. Top of the dash, instrument panel dust catcher areas, tops of the heat/ac vents, center console, etc. I avoid the signature area (which I use the dry cloth before I start).

What product have you guys had success using for your dashboards in your SGTs?

Its very simple... do not use anything on interior that has silicone in it as it will fade your interior

I use an unusual product, i'm sure...

303 Aerospace Protectant

I've used it for years...started because it was recommended for the vinyl graphics on my RV...soon I was using it on all vinyls, plastics, etc., such as my Shelby stripes and my dash, the black trim, etc.

I like it because it protects and isn't shiny plus it seems to have worked very well over time. I buy it by the gallon as it costs the least that way, and apply it w/ a cotton cloth. I even put it on my wiper blades so they'll last longer.

edit - oh yeah, great for tires too...although sometimes I'll put the Mequiars Tire Shine on my Shelby for the shows.....

Couldn't agree more. Been using it for about 5 years. Perfect for the dash, satin finish, and I do it once a year. Best product on the market..imo

I found alot of products were too shiny and had alot of silicones in them destroying vinyl and you couldnt touch the vinyl because it was too greasy.. Plus the vapors would haze up the windshield. I came out with my own brand and have been using it with great success for the last few years. You can use it and have a nice matte finish with UV protection. The smell is amazing too. Contact me if you would like more information.

I found alot of products were too shiny and had alot of silicones in them destroying vinyl and you couldnt touch the vinyl because it was too greasy.. Plus the vapors would haze up the windshield. I came out with my own brand and have been using it with great success for the last few years. You can use it and have a nice matte finish with UV protection. The smell is amazing too. Contact me if you would like more information.

The smell is just a bonus! I REALLY like the stuff. Seriously, though, guys-it's easy to dismiss it as him just peddling his stuff, but I can attest to the fact, I have never gotten anything from Steve that wasn't top shelf stuff. He really knows what he's talking about.

Lexol Vinylex, I have been using it for 10 years, it is fantastic. I have never met anyone that has anything but great comments about it.

I too used to use Vinylex but cannot find it anymore...does Lexol still make it?

What product have you guys had success using for your dashboards in your SGTs?

Another product is the interior dressing from Griot as I found it to collect ZERO dust and kept a nice shine without the greasy touch

I too used to use Vinylex but cannot find it anymore...does Lexol still make it?

I too have used Vinylex for several years with great results. I haven't had any trouble finding it at Pep Boys or Auto Zone.

Jim

Archived