-Tom

If were talking about "coming soon" shortblocks, I'm hoping for the

5.0 shortblock based on the M-6010-SST50 block as listed on page

98 of the 2010 Ford Racing Performance Parts catalog. That with

Hot Rod cams and heads means less reason to envy the Coyote

5.0 engine.

"5.0 badges!?! I don't need no stinkin 5.0 badges."

-Tom

Ok....not sure what copy of the 2010 FRPP catalog you got but mine shows engine block specifications on page 98. Also, the M-6010-SST50 block has been discontinued. Not sure why either. Excuse I got was that it wasn't selling. When I told them that nobody knew about it and it hadn't even been offered to the public before they pulled it I heard an amazing silence on the other end of the phone.

Ok....not sure what copy of the 2010 FRPP catalog you got but mine shows engine block specifications on page 98. Also, the M-6010-SST50 block has been discontinued. Not sure why either. Excuse I got was that it wasn't selling. When I told them that nobody knew about it and it hadn't even been offered to the public before they pulled it I heard an amazing silence on the other end of the phone.

I was originally looking at the online version of the catalog, but checking my printed one it was on

page 96. Interesting info from your source... I'm sure there is more to the story than that. Even if it

wasn't selling, they would've produced a sizeable number of the block initially. My guess is either a

production problem, or a marketing conflict with another block they'd like to sell first. When I first

saw it in the catalog, my thought was why pop for a 4.6 block when the additional displacement

was readily available.

I'm going to make some calls on my own. Thanks.

-Tom

Archived