TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lost Here

Forgive me but I am following the board very closely and my question is to those of you who have put in an order for the GT350.

Perhaps you can explain this to me.

You have put your orders in but have you test driven this vehicle? If so where? Because I sure want to test drive something I am going for fork over $50k. I actually like this vehicle but am reluctant to make a purchase I may regret.

1) What if you get the vehicle and it is not to your expectations?Does it come with a money back or any type of refund?

2) I have looked everywhere but I can not find the performance results. Am I right in saying that you have ordered this vehicle without knowing what to expect?

3) what about your warranty directly from Ford? If your transmission blows after 9 months of taking it to the track ... who will provide you warranty coverage?

Thank you

Hey Shelby500,

1. Most of us that have ordered are going by prior experience to the brand and first hand accounts....my understanding is they will have a supercharged and naturally aspirated version at Mid-America for test drives on the track. Im not aware of any money back guarantee, but you would probably be able to find someone to buy it for what you pay if you dont try to put 100+ miles on it. You wont make money mind you, but some would like to just pay for it and not wait.

2. Umm, yes and no...this goes back quite a while, and all I can say is expectations have changed over time since the reveal, but I think if you have a specific question at this point in time, you can get it answered if you call Roger at SA. I have heard several different things from different people, and at this point, Im not putting any stock in what anyone says if their first name isnt Roger and last name doesnt start with an S. That should narrow it down. In fact, I need to call in to him for an answer on something I have from last week, but I lost my voice and talking is futile right now, so hopefully tomorrow.

3. Warranty does stay intact for your drivetrain. My understanding is only the supercharger is not covered under the factory warranty, because it didnt come that way from the factory. I think it still has its own warranty.

I will say this- None of us had a chance to test drive a 40th package, or Terlingua package, or a Super snake, and I dont think I have heard very many complaints... :salute:

Hey Shelby500,

1. Most of us that have ordered are going by prior experience to the brand and first hand accounts....my understanding is they will have a supercharged and naturally aspirated version at Mid-America for test drives on the track. Im not aware of any money back guarantee, but you would probably be able to find someone to buy it for what you pay if you dont try to put 100+ miles on it. You wont make money mind you, but some would like to just pay for it and not wait.

2. Umm, yes and no...this goes back quite a while, and all I can say is expectations have changed over time since the reveal, but I think if you have a specific question at this point in time, you can get it answered if you call Roger at SA. I have heard several different things from different people, and at this point, Im not putting any stock in what anyone says if their first name isnt Roger and last name doesnt start with an S. That should narrow it down. In fact, I need to call in to him for an answer on something I have from last week, but I lost my voice and talking is futile right now, so hopefully tomorrow.

3. Warranty does stay intact for your drivetrain. My understanding is only the supercharger is not covered under the factory warranty, because it didnt come that way from the factory. I think it still has its own warranty.

I will say this- None of us had a chance to test drive a 40th package, or Terlingua package, or a Super snake, and I dont think I have heard very many complaints... :salute:

Dubbsfaris

Thank you for your response. Informative. Thank you again.

Hey Shelby500,

In fact, I need to call in to him for an answer on something I have from last week, but I lost my voice and talking is futile right now, so hopefully tomorrow.

Dubbs:

Will wonders every cease! :hysterical: That's why it's been so quiet!!!!

Shelby 500

If your in Tulsa, OK this week stop by Hallett and ask for Gary Patterson. He will be more than happy to take anyone for a ride.

Yes, please contact us with any questions you may have. If you need more information, visit www.shelbyamerican.com or follow the FAQ threads as I update changes as they become available. You will find warranty information there also.

Roger

Forgive me but I am following the board very closely and my question is to those of you who have put in an order for the GT350.

You have put your orders in but have you test driven this vehicle? If so where? Because I sure want to test drive something I am going for fork over $50k. I actually like this vehicle but am reluctant to make a purchase I may regret.

1) What if you get the vehicle and it is not to your expectations?Does it come with a money back or any type of refund?

2) I have looked everywhere but I can not find the performance results. Am I right in saying that you have ordered this vehicle without knowing what to expect?

3) what about your warranty directly from Ford? If your transmission blows after 9 months of taking it to the track ... who will provide you warranty coverage?

Thank you

Good questions.

I'll start with your test drive question. Most exclusive high performance cars are in such low numbers that the demand far exceeds supply and there just are no demo cars. Most of these vehicles are purchased long before the cars are ever produced - like the 350. For example, the DBS from Aston Martin, the 599 from Ferrari and the 911 GT3 RS from Porsche are all sold without prospective owners getting a test drive unless they are very well connected and loyal to the brand. Those cars are all sold out. While I do not suggest the 350 is like any of those cars with respect to track times, I will suggest the supply and demand facts are similar.

As another member who has a deposit on a 350, I will answer what my rationale is for the 350. My level of expectations is as follows with regards to the 350. I have a '10 GT500 vert that is spectacular and I enjoy it very much. So much so that my '06 911 C4S convertible is not getting too many miles on it these days. While the 911 is a fantastic machine, it does not give me the same visceral excitement on the street that the GT500 does. Logically,if the stock 500 from Ford is this good, the 350 should be better after Shelby works it's magic. Guarantees - no, but I'm willing to use the past as a barometer to the future. Will it be any better then a modded 2011 500? Not sure. I do know that there are cars that are faster, handle better, stop better, etc., but I'm purchasing the entire package. I love the looks of the test mule and the end product will be better. The staff at Shelby has listened to many customer comments and has made what I consider great personalization/options for us buyers. I cannot say enough about the sound of the 350. While at the NASCAR race, Roger was kind enough to fire her up for me. Unbelievable! A V8 is unique enough but this Borla exhaust is magical. I love the history of the Shelby name and the GT350 legend. Is it a bit expensive compared to what you could build at your local mod shop but this car will have provenance and I'm willing to pay for that exclusivity.

While I don't have test drive numbers or a spec sheet I can say that I trust the car will be what it is marketed to be. Not a race car but a streetable muscle car that can be driven to the track for some high speed laps - turn respectable lap times and be driven to the nearest car show looking pretty darn good. Just my .02 worth.

Good luck with your dilemma. These are tough problems we have - whether or not to buy a GT350. We are blessed if we can even consider the purchase.

We buy it, well, because it's a SHELBY!

You want details and test drives, buy a Camaro.

You want something that will put an endless smile on your face; make you feel proud; something to race, show or grocery shop all in the same day; or something that will be a lifetime of memories for you and your children, then buy a SHELBY.

Just kidding on the harassing stuff. Your concerns are valid and you've received great answers above.

DUBBS, don't forget the SGT's my friend. LOL

Dubbs:

Will wonders every cease! :hysterical: That's why it's been so quiet!!!!

Roger

LOL- Im sure there are times you wished my fingers were broke rather than losing my voice. :hysterical:

DUBBS, don't forget the SGT's my friend. LOL

Actually, I left it out on purpose- remember the SGTs and the KR are the only true pretitles and if you were serious enough, could probably get a test drive on those since they were sold ready to go on a dealer lot....

Thank you

$50K - are they having a sale? GT350s start at around $64K

I think some of us have an advantage, we already own Mustangs and Shelbys. This new 350 is an extension of those cars.

My advice would be to drive a 2011 GT at your local Ford dealer, then imagine it better handling with more HP.

Ford Racing's blower comes with a 12 month 12k mile warranty.

Two reasons why I haven't jump on board yet.

1. I need to see and drive or at very least get to ride in the car before any sort of commitment. I am sure I will get a ride in one in Tulsa in a couple days. And I am sure I will get another ride maybe even get to drive the car at the GT350 event in Grandbury Texas in Oct.

2. I do not want a white car. I will wait until 2012 when they allow the 350 to be made in other colors.

Okay one last reason I still owe $5000 on my SGT/SC once that is paid off then I can get back into debt.

O'Yah I also have a 71 cutlass vert with a 455 in it that I would like to sell before I get another play car.

Good questions.

I'll start with your test drive question. Most exclusive high performance cars are in such low numbers that the demand far exceeds supply and there just are no demo cars. Most of these vehicles are purchased long before the cars are ever produced - like the 350. For example, the DBS from Aston Martin, the 599 from Ferrari and the 911 GT3 RS from Porsche are all sold without prospective owners getting a test drive unless they are very well connected and loyal to the brand. Those cars are all sold out. While I do not suggest the 350 is like any of those cars with respect to track times, I will suggest the supply and demand facts are similar.

As another member who has a deposit on a 350, I will answer what my rationale is for the 350. My level of expectations is as follows with regards to the 350. I have a '10 GT500 vert that is spectacular and I enjoy it very much. So much so that my '06 911 C4S convertible is not getting too many miles on it these days. While the 911 is a fantastic machine, it does not give me the same visceral excitement on the street that the GT500 does. Logically,if the stock 500 from Ford is this good, the 350 should be better after Shelby works it's magic. Guarantees - no, but I'm willing to use the past as a barometer to the future. Will it be any better then a modded 2011 500? Not sure. I do know that there are cars that are faster, handle better, stop better, etc., but I'm purchasing the entire package. I love the looks of the test mule and the end product will be better. The staff at Shelby has listened to many customer comments and has made what I consider great personalization/options for us buyers. I cannot say enough about the sound of the 350. While at the NASCAR race, Roger was kind enough to fire her up for me. Unbelievable! A V8 is unique enough but this Borla exhaust is magical. I love the history of the Shelby name and the GT350 legend. Is it a bit expensive compared to what you could build at your local mod shop but this car will have provenance and I'm willing to pay for that exclusivity.

While I don't have test drive numbers or a spec sheet I can say that I trust the car will be what it is marketed to be. Not a race car but a streetable muscle car that can be driven to the track for some high speed laps - turn respectable lap times and be driven to the nearest car show darn good. Just my .02 worth.

Good luck with your dilemma. These are tough problems we have - whether or not to buy a GT350. We are blessed if we can even consider the purchase.

I totally appreciate and respect your response. It makes me want to go out and get one!!!

Two reasons why I haven't jump on board yet.

1. I need to see and drive or at very least get to ride in the car before any sort of commitment. I am sure I will get a ride in one in Tulsa in a couple days. And I am sure I will get another ride maybe even get to drive the car at the GT350 event in Grandbury Texas in Oct.

2. I do not want a white car. I will wait until 2012 when they allow the 350 to be made in other colors.

Okay one last reason I still owe $5000 on my SGT/SC once that is paid off then I can get back into debt.

O'Yah I also have a 71 cutlass vert with a 455 in it that I would like to sell before I get another play car.

I am of the same mind set. I would rather wait it out and not rush. I am ok to wait til 2012.

Please be kind to give your feedback on your experience of your GT350 in the next couple of days in Tulsa. I would like to hear what you have to say. Thank you.

Archived