TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Different Dynos and what it all works out to?

Okay I have a few questions on Dyno machines.

1. What is the most "common" Dyno machine that regular people will refer to when putting their cars on the machine? (not talking specifically to just mustangs, but rather if your in a mixed crowd of car folks)

2. What are the most common machines that get used out there? IE Mustang Dynojet and....?

3. What are the differences in Dyno results? IE Say you make 520 RWHP on a Mustang Dynojet what would that end up being on the other commonly used Dynos?

Thanks for as much detail on this as possible it will really help me interpret some things.

Nic

1) Dynojet

2) Dynojet and Mustang are the two most common followed by a few others

3) You should make less on a properly setup Mustang dyno. However, Mustang Dyno's can be easily manipulated by changing the roller weight.

1) Dynojet

3) You should make less on a properly setup Mustang dyno. However, Mustang Dyno's can be easily manipulated by changing the roller weight.

OK , so , i'm going for a Dyno date on 21st . What do i need to know before i get there so i know that i'm getting an acurate reading ? Is it th car's weight that hasto be determined ? If so , does anyone know the weight of a basic GT500 , either full tank or mt . Thanks .

1) Dynojet

What is the difference between a Dynojet and a Mustang dynojet? A percentage or formula or something? If you make "X" on a mustang it would equate to "Y" on a dynojet?

Thanks

Nic

Archived