TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua convertibles?

Thumper

UPDATE

Sorry for the delay...

The Army in its infinite wisdom has put my wife on post in Ft Campbell but at the same time took away our military housing money so now time is a ticking on selling all to get my butt to the base.

The bunny that was for sale in KC was NOT mine. My car is off the market and just tucked into my garage as of last night.

As we are being made to shuffle back and forth from Ks to Ky every 2 weeks I cannot go to the Shelby Jan event.

After bringing it back from the event in Tx we took it back to Shelby and they replaced the warped front clip, and fixed all the other oddities that did not pass first inspection. This did include finishing the interior so my car does have the GT500 grabber steering wheel but all else is as you knew it.

Now the bad news. My father drove it from vegas to KS this week and a gentleman hauling a grand sport vette backed into one of the rear wheels and then someone nailed the drivers door.

So back to a shop.

The Odessy continues.

A side note, in doing the title work today we found out why my car had the grabber and special packages to start; it was originally a Hertz rent-a-car.

So how many Bunny's were Hertz to start??

Would like to know for the article.

Now to the latter. Anybody that got video or pics from the event they would like to submit to help polish this off that would be great.

Bill neal's statements at the dinner have been offered by our glasstop bunny owner, if I can get those that would be great. I will happily give credit to the person that took any photo/vid if I use it.

thank you ahead of time and look forward to hearing from you.

Dave

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As we are being made to shuffle back and forth from Ks to Ky every 2 weeks I cannot go to the Shelby Jan event.

A side note, in doing the title work today we found out why my car had the grabber and special packages to start; it was originally a Hertz rent-a-car.

So how many Bunny's were Hertz to start??

Dave,

1. You are less than 2 hours from me and John (Landshark) as we are in Nashville. We've got to meet up! Kinda cool thinking that I don't have the only Terlingua around here.

2. As far as I know, you have the only Hertz. David might have some info I am not aware of, but I think I would have heard about that. Remember, there are less than 40 Shelby Terlingua's in existence.

Rick

Dave,

1. You are less than 2 hours from me and John (Landshark) as we are in Nashville. We've got to meet up! Kinda cool thinking that I don't have the only Terlingua around here.

2. As far as I know, you have the only Hertz. David might have some info I am not aware of, but I think I would have heard about that. Remember, there are less than 40 Shelby Terlingua's in existence.

Rick

Will have to take you up on it as soon as I personally get back to Ky but as of now stuck in BFE Ks till I can sell the rest of this stuff. My wife is now staying at the base hotel till we get housing.

This article is getting more interesting as the groups my car falls into now are Hertz, 45th anv., Shelby and Terlingua. As all terlingua's are individual it would make a very interesting spreadsheet to show all the diff sources of the cars.

I noticed it says your a scuba diver you're going to have to show me the spots in Ky.

Dave

Dave,

Rick

Hey Thumper and Rick,

Happy New Year. No one else has told me their car started as a Hertz rental, but it is not impossible either. Best info I have is around 40 Terlinguas as Rick said give or take, but that is just my unofficial tally of the ones I personally know about. Until the actual build of the model closes we will not have an official tally and there could be some out there I missed.

All my best,

David

Ours is a "program" car that we picked up with 27k miles, so it could have come out of a rental fleet.

It was a weird order with auto, leather seating, ABS, but standard interior.

• 1 year later...

Hello all.

FYI still have my car and upgraded with a few things including speedster covers making is a two seater.

Mine has been confirmed originally a Hertz rent-a-car. Was one of their cars that they had in Florida to stroke the tourist. Only truly confirmed it recently after getting a copy of the original commercial title.

Would love to know if anyone knows where to get the Bunny for the center of the steering wheel or fuse box cover found pictured in this article at the bottom.

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/featuredvehicles/mump_1111_supercharged_2006_v_6_white_rabbit/index.html

Would love to get both.

Oh and to who asked, the article I wrote had been submitted but no one felt the Terlingua needed more coverage. And a couple of editors had the gaul to snicker at the V6 aspect of it.

Sorry have not been on, health until recently was not great and the normal trying to keep my head above the water of life.

Hello all.

FYI still have my car and upgraded with a few things including speedster covers making is a two seater.

Mine has been confirmed originally a Hertz rent-a-car. Was one of their cars that they had in Florida to stroke the tourist. Only truly confirmed it recently after getting a copy of the original commercial title.

Would love to know if anyone knows where to get the Bunny for the center of the steering wheel or fuse box cover found pictured in this article at the bottom.

http://www.mustangmo...bbit/index.html

Would love to get both.

Oh and to who asked, the article I wrote had been submitted but no one felt the Terlingua needed more coverage. And a couple of editors had the gaul to snicker at the V6 aspect of it.

Sorry have not been on, health until recently was not great and the normal trying to keep my head above the water of life.

Hey Thumper,

Again, so glad you are feeling well.

I know the onwer of that White Terlingua, he had those custom made for his car.

David

Can you get the info so I can get some as well and can we start a "pinned" thread of custom and other upgrades so owners can coop on getting stuff life this?

Would still like to get a auto slap shifter and something that fixes my front suspension so the insides of my tires quit getting eaten up.

Can you get the info so I can get some as well and can we start a "pinned" thread of custom and other upgrades so owners can coop on getting stuff life this?

Would still like to get a auto slap shifter and something that fixes my front suspension so the insides of my tires quit getting eaten up.

Hey Dave,

I can sure ask him and will let you know.

David

• 1 year later...

Hey Thumper,

Again, so glad you are feeling well.

I know the onwer of that White Terlingua, he had those custom made for his car.

David

Did you ever get a chance to ask gentleman that owns this white car about the plate he had made for the fuse box cover and steering wheel?

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/featuredvehicles/mump_1111_supercharged_2006_v_6_white_rabbit/photo_02.html

Did you ever get a chance to ask gentleman that owns this white car about the plate he had made for the fuse box cover and steering wheel?

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/featuredvehicles/mump_1111_supercharged_2006_v_6_white_rabbit/photo_02.html

Hey Dave,

Sorry I did not, but good news is I recently re-contacted, found, whatever him. He was off the radar a while.

I will ask him right now and see what I can find out! Sorry for the delay.

David

Very Nice!

Thank you very much. Was tough to get Shelby and my wife to accept my ordering a convertible, but even now, after my second battle with cancer my wife would rather sell one of our houses than this car. So well worth it.

Dave

Thank you very much. Was tough to get Shelby and my wife to accept my ordering a convertible, but even now, after my second battle with cancer my wife would rather sell one of our houses than this car. So well worth it.

Dave

Cool and good luck with the "C" battle

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can hope to get there in 2014 as I was just told my cancer is in remission for now. I wish I was well enough for the Shelby Run America.... but I can at least hope to meet the group here in KY where I am now stationed with my wife, yet again.

I will post a pic of the car as I drove it up in good weather from KS. :banghead: when I get a chance.

She just topped 50k miles so at least she is getting driven.

I can hope to get there in 2014 as I was just told my cancer is in remission for now. I wish I was well enough for the Shelby Run America.... but I can at least hope to meet the group here in KY where I am now stationed with my wife, yet again.

I will post a pic of the car as I drove it up in good weather from KS. :banghead: when I get a chance.

She just topped 50k miles so at least she is getting driven.

Hey Thumper,

Drop me an email if you think you can make T14 so we can get you signed up.

Be good to see you again! Really glad you are doing well.

David

Dave did you ever get the chance to track down the source of the custom items on the white Terlingua? The fuse box cover and steering box center.

I ask here as I tried to IM you and it said you could not receive new messages.
Dave

Hey Thumper,

I tried several times, but did not hear back from him. I will ask when next I see him in person, if and when I do. Good guy, just busy and sometimes hard to reach by email.

Sorry I could not get it for you.

David

Here is the image I promised of the blue clear skys in travelling to KY from KS as the weather man promised us. :gaah:

Terlinguainsnowfeb2014.jpg

It got so bad so fast we almost didn't make it the last 30 miles. 2+ inches of snow in an hour. But did make for one hell of a ride. And now she has been in all weather conditions. Including be rained on and in as the top was down.

there is a new dirty word dealing with this car and it starts with f. FUN!

Archived