TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua convertibles?

Thumper

:headscratch: Yeah, I wasnt thinking of WHERE the weight is on the vert, but a valid point! Are the GT500s different structurally from the 6 bangers? I hope you are taking this as an educational discussion as I certainly love to think and learn, and NOT some schmuck being argumentative....

(We will have plenty of time for that guy at Terlingua) :hysterical::hysterical::talkhand:

the real diff is the less weight the bunny has in front, pushing the ratio and center of gravity to the middle.

500s are nose heavy, albeit were, the new ones are better.

the goal of any race car is to shove as much of the weight to the center lines between the wheels.

But to be balanced as well or you are battleing under and over steerage.

All questions are good, I dont know anything about SCCA hence my stupid question lol

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on your new ride. Earlier this year I was told they would not build my vert into a Terlingua so I'm a little ticked that they did a u-turn so soon after. Ah well c'est la vie - I love my baby just the way she is.

Congrats on your new ride. Earlier this year I was told they would not build my vert into a Terlingua so I'm a little ticked that they did a u-turn so soon after. Ah well c'est la vie - I love my baby just the way she is.

At Shelby my cars build did not go over well and I have been told they will not build another like it. I dont know if this means they wont build another vert or just not like mine with all the extras.

bad news...

About an hour ago my world was turned upside down, finacially that is. :banghead:

I can and am able to continue ownership but it would be better to look at options, I started this process 6 months ago and did not see the present, the market has turned bad to worse.

I have 66K in the car when finished next month, 20+ on donor and rest went to Shelby Vegas. This does not include the usual personal expenses. My Shelby build is the usual 9 pages long.

I would be willing to sell to make my life easier and I can always get another, right :) ?

Well so is life.

Dave

PM is seriously interested.

If things turn around I still hope to see all in Terlingua.

I saw your car out there on Friday, and it is pretty far along in the build. I dont think the hood was on yet, but it still looked great!

Too bad pictures arent allowed in the facility, or I would share them here.

I saw your car out there on Friday, and it is pretty far along in the build. I dont think the hood was on yet, but it still looked great!

Too bad pictures arent allowed in the facility, or I would share them here.

Yeah the pics I have been uploading were a priviliege.

The options are everything you could get on the card plus heated/cooled interior seat and special door panels, visors and more.

The interior was a several thousand option.

Drivetrain included the special rear with added shelby backing plate.

I would list it all but as I said the list is 9 pages.

The only thing not changed was the unibody , base eng and transmission. Everything else was changed in one manner or another.

As of this morning things are doing better, I will keep option on the table but am happy to say I am still in the game!

Dave

I have a good deal of empathy with that tickedness. Once they convinced me No Convertibles was incontrovertible, I let my marvelous V6 go. Just think what a nice Terlingua I could have had for two-GT/CS-and-a-donor money.

Ye of little faith, you were right.

Barkstids.

Lemme out a here ...

Unfortunately this has happened numerous times......we wont do that,,,,,we cant do that........then 6 months later, you see or hear about someone getting exactly what you were refused.

Convertible Terlinguas

725 hp vert SS's.....

I bet the 46k in extras had a lot do with him getting a different answer......

you have a big enough wallet or are just willing to spend a kings ransom, you get whatever you want......

shelby is no different than the rest of the world in that regard. :shrug::salute:

Unfortunately this has happened numerous times......we wont do that,,,,,we cant do that........then 6 months later, you see or hear about someone getting exactly what you were refused.

Convertible Terlinguas

725 hp vert SS's.....

I bet the 46k in extras had a lot do with him getting a different answer......

you have a big enough wallet or are just willing to spend a kings ransom, you get whatever you want......

shelby is no different than the rest of the world in that regard. :shrug::salute:

I was happy to pay the cost given to me for this car so I have no quips with Shelby, I did get a dream car.

In my personal opinion this is the best Shelby made.

But I am completely bias lol

Money should never really be the issue if you get the dream you search for.

The Terlingua package covers 2005-2009 model years. Each with their specific TRT number for that year. There could be 22 build in one year but 450 total build, spread throughout all years.

The first series of numbers is always held back, traditionally, usually the first 10.

There are 2 Terlingua convertibles built out of Shelby in Las Vegas to date. Both Grabber Orange.

Roger

Fantastic...

You know your wife is a goddess when she comes home and says "you are not selling the Terlingua, you worked to hard for that!"

:happy feet:

Guess the Iron Man comic book cover art is up for sale instead lol

I dont work for Shelby so keep this in mind, but money is not the point.

Every car is different and there are then different cost.

Some cars cost more to build and some options to put on those cars cost more as well.

It is only fair for Shelby to charge for the item and labor. These are "hand built".

Terlingua owners are lucky as the car is sold as a package and some cost is negated.

If we built these on our own we would be paying for shipping as well.

And skilled labor that is doing this everyday and will catch the problems fast is well worth the cost.

The personal service is better than a Corp of zombies like one of the major automakers.

The Terlingua is not a normal car and is built for a select group of ppl and those ppl appreciate this.

As time goes by new parts become available and cost change, my cost was higher than when they were Terlinguas were first created but I was happy to pay this, as slight rise in cost over time is a natural thing.

I have pride in owning this car and you can quote me on this...

If the car you are buying is the car of your dreams, why is money even a subject in the matter?

Dave

I salute every owner of every Shelby because they bought what they love and I salute Shelby because I know they could be charging more if the wanted and dont!

I was happy to pay the cost given to me for this car so I have no quips with Shelby, I did get a dream car.

In my personal opinion this is the best Shelby made.

But I am completely bias lol

you misunderstand.....I dont care if you paid 600k for your shelby......if you love it, beautiful....mission accomplished....and congrats to you....

my point is....others were told NO on terlingua verts.....but lo and behold they told you yes......

do you think thats cause they like your face or cause you checked off 46k in extras on the build sheet?

you figure it out.

Maybe the person who was told no would have been told yes if they were in a position as you say:

congrats again and enjoy your shelby, I hope to see it in Terlingua! :salute:

I dont work for Shelby so keep this in mind, but money is not the point.

Every car is different and there are then different cost.

Some cars cost more to build and some options to put on those cars cost more as well.

It is only fair for Shelby to charge for the item and labor. These are "hand built".

Terlingua owners are lucky as the car is sold as a package and some cost is negated.

If we built these on our own we would be paying for shipping as well.

And skilled labor that is doing this everyday and will catch the problems fast is well worth the cost.

The personal service is better than a Corp of zombies like one of the major automakers.

The Terlingua is not a normal car and is built for a select group of ppl and those ppl appreciate this.

As time goes by new parts become available and cost change, my cost was higher than when they were Terlinguas were first created but I was happy to pay this, as slight rise in cost over time is a natural thing.

I have pride in owning this car and you can quote me on this...

If the car you are buying is the car of your dreams, why is money even a subject in the matter?

Dave

I salute every owner of every Shelby because they bought what they love and I salute Shelby because I know they could be charging more if the wanted and dont!

you got what you wanted........and have the money to pay for it...............good for you and God Bless....

but I dont think that makes the guy they told no to feel any better........just sayin........ :salute:

Fantastic...

You know your wife is a goddess when she comes home and says "you are not selling the Terlingua, you worked to hard for that!"

:happy feet:

Guess the Iron Man comic book cover art is up for sale instead lol

The Godess Rules!

Sell the iron Man - Bunnies Rule as well!

VB

you misunderstand.....I dont care if you paid 600k for your shelby......if you love it, beautiful....mission accomplished....and congrats to you....

my point is....others were told NO on terlingua verts.....but lo and behold they told you yes......

do you think thats cause they like your face or cause you checked off 46k in extras on the build sheet?

you figure it out.

Maybe the person who was told no would have been told yes if they were in a position as you say:

congrats again and enjoy your shelby, I hope to see it in Terlingua! :salute:

I totally agree.

Update

Hood getting ready to be installed.

Grabber Orange interior installed except for door panels.

Hiccup in interior production, rear sale panels could NOT have the leather inserts due to convertibles having fabric application over speakers.

Can't wait to drive this!!

Mr. Disney said with the chilled seat feature the only thing hot will be my face... lol

post-29009-128199849794_thumb.jpg

Update

Hiccup in interior production, rear sale panels could NOT have the leather inserts due to convertibles having fabric application over speakers.

Mr. Disney said with the chilled seat feature the only thing hot will be my face... lol

Nice!!

Update

ummm... automatic? PM sent

ummm... automatic? PM sent

Yup auto, I was injured in the military and have found the standard to be a little tiresome over time.

Thank you for the PM and advice I would like as much responsiveness as possible.

Dave

Thumper, congrats on the car and hope it does stay in your hutch.

Adding in my voice to the other point--working thru a mod shop, I also experienced a lot of "No that can't be done," which at times changed to a "Well, ok, it now is allowed" stuff.

My cost was much less, but still quite a bit above the listed cost of a base package. It's a very confusing process, but does lead to almost each Terlingua build being very unique.

Thumper, congrats on the car and hope it does stay in your hutch.

Adding in my voice to the other point--working thru a mod shop, I also experienced a lot of "No that can't be done," which at times changed to a "Well, ok, it now is allowed" stuff.

My cost was much less, but still quite a bit above the listed cost of a base package. It's a very confusing process, but does lead to almost each Terlingua build being very unique.

Well said Blip....this was very true with ours too and the "Gray Bunny" was built at Shelby LV....

Hmm, Im suddenly finding myself gravitating towards the Grabber Orange club!!! :happy feet:

I would suppose that would be a really cool build to see in person! :Iknownothing: You are very lucky to get a picture! That is almost unheard of.

During the tour, they said it belonged to a journalist, and that they were documenting this build throughout the process.

Hmm, Im suddenly finding myself gravitating towards the Grabber Orange club!!! :happy feet:

I would suppose that would be a really cool build to see in person! :Iknownothing: You are very lucky to get a picture! That is almost unheard of.

During the tour, they said it belonged to a journalist, and that they were documenting this build throughout the process.

Are you referring to this convertible bunny as the one owned by the journalist?

I convinced Shelby to give me a spare identical to my reg wheels.

I know most if not all Mustangs and Shelbys do not come with spares but I wont be caught dead without one in the middle of no where when I would be stuck on the side of the road waiting for a special tow.

So as I got one I would reccomend you requesting one if you are interested.

Archived