TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua convertibles?

Thumper

so how many terlingua's are there in total?

I heard SA folks say it was nice to see 6 of the total 35 terlingua cars at the bash this year......is that accurate?

Ok I am so confused.

Mine is #22??

I'snt that 22nd of the year or not?

So where does the #22 even come from?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I am so confused.

Mine is #22??

I'snt that 22nd of the year or not?

So where does the #22 even come from?

I can only answer what it is not.......it is not the 22 car of this year of any other year........SA doesnt not build cars in order of the number designated.

if someone requests number 52, they build number 52 even if it is the 5th car or the 25th car....makes no difference,

if the number is available, you get it, no sequencing.

Limited by the total run they expect to have.......ie, they wont give you number 652 if they are building 100 cars, etc.

hope that helps......a little?

Really many of the numbers are skip arounds....I wouldnt go by CSM numbers at all in fact.

The 09 TRT 0X22 is probably your number, TRT being the Terlingua, 09 being the year model, 0X being the build location,(if you notice most of the Terlinguas are 04 which means they were built at Quantum in Dallas, and Im guessing 00 or 01 will be SAI Vegas, and I think 05 is Tasca) and then the number...SAI does give those out in order of build USUALLY, but if someone requests say 72 for their birthyear or favorite football jersey, they will do it. As long as you arent requesting like #3 or some low number. So a requested 72 built in Quantum on a 06 mustang would come out CSM 06TRT0472.

Hope that clears it up. :salute:

Really many of the numbers are skip arounds....I wouldnt go by CSM numbers at all in fact.

The 09 TRT 0X22 is probably your number, TRT being the Terlingua, 09 being the year model, 0X being the build location,(if you notice most of the Terlinguas are 04 which means they were built at Quantum in Dallas, and Im guessing 00 or 01 will be SAI Vegas, and I think 05 is Tasca) and then the number...SAI does give those out in order of build USUALLY, but if someone requests say 72 for their birthyear or favorite football jersey, they will do it. As long as you arent requesting like #3 or some low number. So a requested 72 built in Quantum on a 06 mustang would come out CSM 06TRT0472.

Hope that clears it up. :salute:

Tasca cars start with TRT 03xx, Mine was the 3rd one they built, but the first one using an 07 Mustang so my number is 07 TRT 0301.

Figuring out the reasoning behind a certain CSM# can be very confusing.

• 5 weeks later...

6th week of build update.

In the paint shop waiting on a hood, body panels in place and painted.

Wheels and drive-line in place.

only one piece of interior installed, the console lid :blink:

post-29009-128085092569_thumb.jpg

post-29009-128085092569_thumb.jpg

6th week of build update.

In the paint shop waiting on a hood, body panels in place and painted.

Wheels and drive-line in place.

only one piece of interior installed, the console lid :blink:

NICE!

update

Stopped by SCCA world HQ in Topeka KS today and was told atleast one other Terlingua was a registered race car.

My vert will be put in SCCA as soon as I get a chance.

Was told to add saftey harness, roll bar and a helmet. :peelout:

Down side... Shelby is not recognised as a manufacturer by SCCA so the Terlingua has to be classed as a "Modified Mustang". :censored:

Does anyone have info on what specific class to offer my car to?

I will be looking for a driver.

Dave

update

Stopped by SCCA world HQ in Topeka KS today and was told atleast one other Terlingua was a registered race car.

My vert will be put in SCCA as soon as I get a chance.

Was told to add saftey harness, roll bar and a helmet. :peelout:

Down side... Shelby is not recognised as a manufacturer by SCCA so the Terlingua has to be classed as a "Modified Mustang". :censored:

Does anyone have info on what specific class to offer my car to?

I will be looking for a driver.

Dave

SCO or SCA I think. You are looking for a driver? For what?

SCO or SCA I think. You are looking for a driver? For what?

I want to create a team and help sponsor it. SCCA

Supplying the car is the first step.

Due to military injuries I am unable to pass medical to drive.

Well that is cool as hell! Do you plan on doing Autocross or door slammers? Too bad you are in Kansas Region, I could get into something like this.

Yeah, that is cool! Its not very practical to throw a vert in a race on a competitive level though.

yeah most see a vert as a weird choice but it is the smartest actually, power to weight ratio is better and the structual frame supports put in because there is no top makes the car handle better not worse.

Best race cars in history are verts, even the 1941 mid-eng V12 race car I have in my garage is a vert, the only thing better than a traditional, is a mid-eng vert.

Cross beam framing in a race car is fantastic.

And with unibodies of today the only way to find that is in a vert.

I was told it may qualify for many diff classes but i dont know which to look at. I am not going to make it look like I have a clue, I dont.

I am hoping for someone to help move this forward and maybe in the end we have something very acheivable.

I have no intentions of putting the bunny in constant danger, the goal is a good driver that wont kill it and some future fun and wins.

Dave

And I wont be in KS forever as my wife is up for deployment with active guard and have NO idea where we are going or even when :headscratch:

Hoping for ocean breezes but will probably be sent to the middle of nowhere, oh wait we are here.... :fool:

Anyway I will do this where I end up no matter what.

You dont have to sell me, I own a vert, but my understanding was that verts are heavier, not lighter...is that wrong?

Also, Shelby wont put the larger Superchargers on the verts because they say the verts dont have the structural integrity the coupes do, not that I care in my case, but thats what they say.

The practicality of the post was referring to safety though. An open cockpit, even with a full rollcage is not the same as a coupe, and even though you can have the best driver on the track, the guy in front and behind you may be rubbish, so don't go into the racing circuit thinking your car will come out in one piece, typically they dont.

But hey, Im not trying to talk you out of it. If you want to do it, and can afford it, (it aint cheap to race competitively) then by all means go for it! The Terlinguas are great cars on the track! ( i have nicknamed them slotcars because they go wherever you point them) :dance:

I never investigated the W2W classes, but when I was corresponding with SCCA brass about Autocross (Solo II) I was told that my car would have to be in the Street Modified class because of both the hood change and the rear end swap, among other things.

They did say that at a local level I might get a group to let me compete in ESP. But not Regionals or Nat's

At a regional SCCA Autocross, I think my Terlingua was in SCO. I admittedly know very little about the SCCA classes. I want to do door slammers at some point.

Verts are typically heavier but the weight is low instead of high and the rigidity is better if designed correctly.

Power is not the problem it is torque hence not putting a supercharger into large bore verts.

:headscratch: Yeah, I wasnt thinking of WHERE the weight is on the vert, but a valid point! Are the GT500s different structurally from the 6 bangers? I hope you are taking this as an educational discussion as I certainly love to think and learn, and NOT some schmuck being argumentative....

(We will have plenty of time for that guy at Terlingua) :hysterical::hysterical::talkhand:

Archived