TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another Satisfied L&M Custoner

mullens

Installed the L&M today. Install took 30 min taking my time. It is a VERY well crafted piece. My observations:

-Idles as good as stock.

-Drives as good as stock.

-Butt dyno says it pulls harder although I have no dyno sheets to confirm it.

I know there has been much conjecture on the subject of tuning, but I can tell you it works FLAWLESSLY with my pro cal tune. So, not to reopen any cans of worms/Pandora's boxes, I can say first hand there is NO tuning required with stock Ford calibration.

The only thing I didn't like was the oil build-up in the elbow. Surprised me how much was there.

Oh, and the customer service is awesome. Those guys really care about their customers.

All in all, well worth the investment.

Installed the L&M today. Install took 30 min taking my time. It is a VERY well crafted piece. My observations:

-Idles as good as stock.

I know there has been much conjecture on the subject of tuning, but I can tell you it works FLAWLESSLY with my pro cal tune. So, not to reopen any cans of worms/Pandora's boxes, I can say first hand there is NO tuning required with stock Ford calibration.

The only thing I didn't like was the oil build-up in the elbow. Surprised me how much was there.

Oh, and the customer service is awesome. Those guys really care about their customers.

Thanks for the update Mullens. Congrats and glad to hear it all went smoothly. I may be following your lead. Whats next? Injectors? exhaust? pulley?

I think this will be it. The car is just where I want it to be. I'm estimating approx. 580 rwhp. My last car had 560 and this definitely pulls harder. The 2010 TVS already has a 2.8 pulley, so I don't see much benefit in changing for another couple of pounds of boost. Besides, I want to stay with the pro cal and I'd have to get a custom tune with any more mods.

Thanks

-Idles as good as stock.

You need to check out JLT's Oil Separator set up. It will solve your oil build-up problems.

Mike

-Idles as good as stock.

lawdude happy; mullens happy. :)

You need to check out JLT's Oil Separator set up. It will solve your oil build-up problems.

Mike

Yes I've seen it...it's a nice set up. Maybe I'll go that route. I'm wondering why Ford didn't address this with some kind of OEM separator. I was shocked at the amount of oil on the floor of the elbow.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived