TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Dodge Ram info wanted

I know I am not crazy. I saw a picture of a "Shelbyized" full size Ram truck a while back. It was painted like the Shelby Chargers and even had rocker panel extensions similar to the Charger. If anyone has info, especially pictures, I would be grateful.

Thanks.

I know I am not crazy. I saw a picture of a "Shelbyized" full size Ram truck a while back. It was painted like the Shelby Chargers and even had rocker panel extensions similar to the Charger. If anyone has info, especially pictures, I would be grateful.

Thanks.

There is a picture of one in the 1994 Shelby Garage Sale catalog on page 35. The cars pictured there are on the pages titled Carroll Shelby Collection, which include pics of his #1 Whittier models (so these cars were not in the catalog as for sale listings).

The caption next to the Ram pic reads:

1983 Shelby Pickup

Prototype - Dodge design center one-off

I think that about says it all.

My scanner is down right now so I can't scan it in.

Thanks.

Welcome to the Team Shelby forums, BigAl.

Yes there was/is a full size Ram truck done up in the Shelby Charger color scheme. It has a "built" 360 with lots of parts from the Direct Connection catalog of the day. Besides the Shelby color scheme the exterior has a custom tonneau cover, chrome roll bar, chrome push bars, chrome bumpers, etc. Interior the truck is somewhat stock. It has bucket seats, a DC steering wheel, CB radio and some custom switches for off road lights and a roof mounted trucker air horn. The only thing missing is a set of Longhorn steer horns mounted on the hood.

I have pics of the beast somewhere. They may be pre-digital pics as I can't find them on my hard-drive. I'll do my best to post some pics.

Carroll still owns this prototype Ram truck. It's currently in his Los Angeles warehouse.

Steve

Welcome to the Team Shelby forums, BigAl.

Yes there was/is a full size Ram truck done up in the Shelby Charger color scheme. It has a "built" 360 with lots of parts from the Direct Connection catalog of the day. Besides the Shelby color scheme the exterior has a custom tonneau cover, chrome roll bar, chrome push bars, chrome bumpers, etc. Interior the truck is somewhat stock. It has bucket seats, a DC steering wheel, CB radio and some custom switches for off road lights and a roof mounted trucker air horn. The only thing missing is a set of Longhorn steer horns mounted on the hood.

I have pics of the beast somewhere. They may be pre-digital pics as I can't find them on my hard-drive. I'll do my best to post some pics.

Carroll still owns this prototype Ram truck. It's currently in his Los Angeles warehouse.

Steve

Thank you. I had seen the pictures from the catalog, I beleive. I appreciate the info.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys. I'd be very interested in any information you have on these babies too. Can you send me anything you come up with too? I'd like to add the info onto the shelby-dodge website.

I've got some updated info on the Viper CS coming soon.

Thx. Gail

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I couldn't locate the pics so I took a few new ones the other day.

Steve

Sorry it took me a year to respond, but thank you very much for the info and the pics. I haven't been on many forums in quite a while due to a lot of personal drama. However, I am tossing around the idea of a a tribute, or semi-clone Shelby-Ram when I get some fun money.

Thank you for all of your effort and the pics.

Wow, that thing is soooooo 1983. I love it. The aggressive off road tires, etc. Would love to own that truck. Shelby should have Jerry Heasley do a book on the Shelby prototypes through the years. I would be a buyer for sure!

Archived