TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any advice

SNKBITE

Looking to place an order in the next 6 months for the 427 Cobra and am wondering if there are any better dealers than another. Also, what engine would you go with as well? Thanks in advance!

Looking to place an order in the next 6 months for the 427 Cobra and am wondering if there are any better dealers than another. Also, what engine would you go with as well? Thanks in advance!

Go with HRE. Bill has been around longer then them all.

Another dealer pointer is Stephen Becker (Planet Cobra).

If you are looking to order a very specially configured roller or have a power plant you want to install into the car, then the roller is for you.

If you're looking to buy a roller that is "standard" (most "standard" include many of the options) and add a "standard" power train, then you would do well to look in the used marketplace. There are lots of used Cobras today as people are ditching their toys, and most are babied beyond comprehension. I have almost 5000 miles on mine and I feel "old". I see Cobras being sold with <1000 miles everywhere.

Cobra Country (google it) is a very good place to look. Club Cobra has an alloy CSX4000 for $135K with a side oiler. Steal that please.

Also, another place to watch is the auctions. The BJ auctions for the last few years have had deals for brand new cars that are at or below what they actually cost to build new. It doesn't hurt to go. I got mine there. I'm talking Becker-built fiberglass CSX 4000/6000 series cars with a real 427FE in the $75-85K range.

I chose to buy instead of build because I didn't have the patience or the tools to put in the power train myself. It ultimately requires a lift.

Of course, if you want to build it for the pleasure of doing so, then you should go for it!

Another dealer pointer is Stephen Becker (Planet Cobra).

If you are looking to order a very specially configured roller or have a power plant you want to install into the car, then the roller is for you.

If you're looking to buy a roller that is "standard" (most "standard" include many of the options) and add a "standard" power train, then you would do well to look in the used marketplace. There are lots of used Cobras today as people are ditching their toys, and most are babied beyond comprehension. I have almost 5000 miles on mine and I feel "old". I see Cobras being sold with <1000 miles everywhere.

Cobra Country (google it) is a very good place to look. Club Cobra has an alloy CSX4000 for $135K with a side oiler. Steal that please.

Also, another place to watch is the auctions. The BJ auctions for the last few years have had deals for brand new cars that are at or below what they actually cost to build new. It doesn't hurt to go. I got mine there. I'm talking Becker-built fiberglass CSX 4000/6000 series cars with a real 427FE in the $75-85K range.

I chose to buy instead of build because I didn't have the patience or the tools to put in the power train myself. It ultimately requires a lift.

Of course, if you want to build it for the pleasure of doing so, then you should go for it!

or this one for $85K :redcard:

http://www.clubcobra.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=3004

Archived