TEAM SHELBY FORUM

You wonder why??!!

shelbyGT500

You wonder why we pay through the nose for our cars.Typical ebay add. I quote.

"We are offering this 2007 SHELBY GT500 as a NO RESERVE AUCTION !!! With a low starting bid !!! And a free Ipod as a bonus to the highest bidder!

- AUTOMOBILE Magazine - said..”…The SHELBY GT500 is the muscle car’s second coming, a viable heir to the Ford GT’s throne…”

Ford is only going to make about 7,500 unit’s a year, so they are sure to appreciate faster than your 401k!"

It should say, "Once damand is met with 12k cars a year, they are sure to depreciate faster than a sinking cinderblock"" As with every other car ford produces, we will not stop production until demand is met and then we will sureley build another 20k or so to make sure our loyal SVT owners are disgusted. Just like when we stopped production of the most successful sport truck on the planet.Then we will promise another, anounce production, and then squash it like a bug so we can build another $150k car which our brand loyal buyers cannot afford. That way we will be another 5 billion in the hole.LOL

All kidding aside, these are the reasons some of us are paying so much. MISINFORMATION. You want to believe you are going to be the only kid on the block with one, You buy one and the truth comes later...............

Ask some folks who bought '03 Mach1's.

Mysteriously, production numbers were ramped up later in the year.

Lots of anger over that one.

Yep I was one of them RUFFER, then they added an 04 model which wasn't supposed to happen. :banghead:

Sorry Keith - If I brought up a sore topic.

I bought an '03 in Sept of that year for about $4k off MSRP with the rebate.

I think Ford had said 6000 would be built - then built 9000 or so in '03.

It happened then - it might happen now.

Sorry Keith - If I brought up a sore topic.

I bought an '03 in Sept of that year for about $4k off MSRP with the rebate.

I think Ford had said 6000 would be built - then built 9000 or so in '03.

It happened then - it might happen now.

I agree RUFFER :yup:

Not only am I glad to get one but glad it was EARLY...we are still alone on the road and everyone likes to look. It has been amazing how many people know what these cars are. My gut says (and my dealer)that they just are not going to make too many and I don't care if they do. There are so many other "Shelby" models coming. Besides, we love the 500hp and don't care how much fuel they guzzle, but really, how many people do? This car is doing a great job of feeding the Mustang frenzy and prepping everyone out there to buy one of the many other models out there.

Anyone given any thought to the fact that Ford is sueing all of these 30 plus year aftermarket companies that use the word Mustang etc. in thier company name. Then all of a sudden Ford offers a million different Mustang models and then they have all these aftermarket "Packs". It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. In the mean time I will drive my Shelby to Costco and race my 05 GT.

+ several

why did you buy your shelby. Did you buy it because you wanted it . or did you buy it because ford said they were only going to build so many and stop .now if you bought the car because you wanted it then quit complaining and be happy you have it . now if you bought it because ford said they were going to build a certain amount and stop then shame on you since you know how they are .there are plenty of people out there that can only dream about having a shelby so stop complaining and be happy.

why did you buy your shelby. Did you buy it because you wanted it . or did you buy it because ford said they were only going to build so many and stop .now if you bought the car because you wanted it then quit complaining and be happy you have it . now if you bought it because ford said they were going to build a certain amount and stop then shame on you since you know how they are .there are plenty of people out there that can only dream about having a shelby so stop complaining and be happy.

Youch....surely that wasn't aimed at me! :redcard:

Scroll up a few posts, champ, that was my point. I would have purchased the car even if they were building them as fast as the Focus. I've had plenty of collector cars, I don't buy cars based on speculation.

Ford is only going to make about 7,500 unit’s a year, so they are sure to appreciate faster than your 401k!"

This really irks me. If they think it will appreciate so much...why don't they keep ALL of them...and sell them in the future? Why in the world would a dealer sell me something for $60k (or you name a price), when they can get 15% more than that next year? The answers are easy....1) They can't GUARANTEE it will appreciate 2) There are storage/maintenance costs

It reminds me of the commercials on TV about "Gold is at a 15 year low, and experts expect its value to skyrocket in the next 12 months". Well if that's true, why are you SELLING gold on TV rather than keeping it for yourself?

GRRRRRRRRR :banghead:

Dave

300 or 400 million people in this country and 6 billion people on this Earth......

yea, I'd say we are lucky to have one .... even if they made a million of them, we would still be just one of a lucky few.....

I will never regret purchasing mine!

No it's not for sale, thanks anyway........

300 or 400 million people in this country and 6 billion people on this Earth......

yea, I'd say we are lucky to have one .... even if they made a million of them, we would still be just one of a lucky few.....

I will never regret purchasing mine!

No it's not for sale, thanks anyway........

Now that is looking at the big picture

I am stoked to have mine no matter what the $$$. I LOVE IT and plan to keep it forever.

I am blessed to be 1 of the blah blah thousand made out of the blah blah millions who would love to have one

ShelbyGt500, sound like you bought this great car for all the wrong reasons. Of course a new car is going to depreciate. You could easily sell your car now for close to what you paid, so either get out or stop complaining. I am glad to have this special car and was not thinking about how collectiable it would be when buying, but rather what a blast it will be to drive it.

You wonder why we pay through the nose for our cars.Typical ebay add. I quote.

"We are offering this 2007 SHELBY GT500 as a NO RESERVE AUCTION !!! With a low starting bid !!! And a free Ipod as a bonus to the highest bidder!

- AUTOMOBILE Magazine - said..”…The SHELBY GT500 is the muscle car’s second coming, a viable heir to the Ford GT’s throne…”

It should say, "Once damand is met with 12k cars a year, they are sure to depreciate faster than a sinking cinderblock"" As with every other car ford produces, we will not stop production until demand is met and then we will sureley build another 20k or so to make sure our loyal SVT owners are disgusted. Just like when we stopped production of the most successful sport truck on the planet.Then we will promise another, anounce production, and then squash it like a bug so we can build another $150k car which our brand loyal buyers cannot afford. That way we will be another 5 billion in the hole.LOL

All kidding aside, these are the reasons some of us are paying so much. MISINFORMATION. You want to believe you are going to be the only kid on the block with one, You buy one and the truth comes later...............

:beatdeadhorse:

Need I say more.

i only buy cars that are different. Whether its a shelby or a lightning or a regency conversion van, I buy them becuase i like having something different.It has NOTHING to do with value.I love my car and would not trade it for anything.My post are not negative towards the car (except wheelhop) rather The manufacturers. Fords not the only one. I was mereley pointing out some of the reasons WHY we pay too much. Also, The fact that ford ALWAYS builds way more cars whether it be a shelby or a focus, than any other company only to ruin their own resale value when the market gets flooded.Please dont misunderstand my post.Its not about the car, its about these car companys.They cry becuase they lose money and then they continue to keep screwing up over and over year after year making the SAME mistakes. Thats why the imports do so well.They make just enough. ( how many times are they asking over sticker??? Not too many .I wish i knew they were going to make so many because i would have waited a year .But on the other hand im glad i have one at any cost.

Its Just a shame many american companys always build too many cars that people dont want which kills resale value . When they do have a "hot" car, They act like its the second coming and rape us do to slow production.If you dont think i am right ,Think about this.

Say they made all 10k shelbys at once like they do the focus..........

Do you really think if each dealer had their 1-3 cars in stock we would have to pay $20k over?? I bet the farm we would not.We MIGHT pay $5k over at first but if we could just walk into a dealer and know that the other ford dealer up the street has one also, things would be alot different.

My point is Fords actions on production is actually comical. They can make 150,000 focus in 6 moths but it takes themn a whole year to make 10k mustangs?? LOL If you believe we are not purposley getting screwed then fine. I however feel like when you look at the big picture, it all adds up.

My point is Fords actions on production is actually comical. They can make 150,000 focus in 6 moths but it takes themn a whole year to make 10k mustangs?? LOL If you believe we are not purposley getting screwed then fine. I however feel like when you look at the big picture, it all adds up.

The plant that makes the GT500 is a shared plant. I have spoke to the guy in the know at the factory about the car and it is a tough car for them to build. It is on there nich line. The power plant is huge the special parts are limited and the list goes on. It is not a focus and it tougher to build for a number of reasons.

To bad you can't have more enjoyment out of your car because of all the negitive feelings you have about being screwed. :beatdeadhorse:

I didn't buy mine as an investment; I bought it because I love Mustangs, because I especially love the way this one looks, and because I've always wanted this much HP. Now, would someone with a bulldozer help me clear the snow off my cul-de-sac so I can drive it! Seven weeks and counting!

CC

totally agree; love your color combo I have Vista no stripes. Let's DRIVE!!@!

The plant that makes the GT500 is a shared plant. I have spoke to the guy in the know at the factory about the car and it is a tough car for them to build. It is on there nich line. The power plant is huge the special parts are limited and the list goes on. It is not a focus and it tougher to build for a number of reasons.

To bad you can't have more enjoyment out of your car because of all the negitive feelings you have about being screwed. :beatdeadhorse:

Grab I'm not going to warn you again, thats a :censored: mustang your beating, stop it!! :nonono::hysterical:

Archived