TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rare 95 Mustang GTS For Sale...$4500

Both Bob's (Slabo and CaptainBob) were interested in this car for their sons when I was up in WA for Grabber's event, so I figured I would post the pictures here rather than email them one at a time:

The GTS was basically a Mustang GT with the 5.0 engine, T-5 manual transmission, and 8,8" traction lock axle with out all the heavy luxury items that the GT's had...no power windows, seat, locks, trunk release, cruise control, rear window defroster, foglights, illuminated visors, and the heavier GT seats. They weighed right around 3200 lbs, so they are perfect for a lightweight track car. Here's more info on the GTS model:

http://www.quannet.org/corey/gtsinfo.html

This car is one of 6370 GTS's total built, of those 4848 were 5 speed manuals and 847 were Crystal White, and of those only 116 had saddle interior (others had red, grey or black) and of those 116 only 7 had the rear spoiler. I think it is safe to say you won't find one of the other 6 pulling up next to you...LOL

Car has a clean Carfax, and a clean and clear title in WI, even though car has never been to WI...it is registered there until Feb 2011. I bought from the 3rd owner who was a marine and getting married. He registered it there with-out taking the car there as that was his home state. It was his daily driver from Temecula to San Diego each day and he put 7K miles on it with no issues. The second owner had the car in CA and FL and the original owner kept it in FL for 8 years. Car is very clean underneath, no rust, and drives and handles tight and responsive. It feels very nimble, quick and safe. It also has duel airbags.

2nd owner did the following at around 95K miles....car now had 110K....original motor rebuilt with new rings, bearings, hone, hi volume oil pump, double roller timing chain, mild cam, ported and polished heads, valve job,and all Fel Pro gaskets. Nothing leaks. Car also has BBK equal length shorty headers, cold air intake, off road pipe and Flowmaster mufflers with stock polished 2.25" stainless steel rear tailpipes. Battery has been relocated to the trunk in an NHRA legal box with holdown. Has 160 amp polished Powerhouse alternator, and billet underdrive pullies. Block was painted black and all brackets are powdercoated a metallic purple (actually looks pretty good) Car has all new hoses, serpentine belt, waterpump, Mosimoto Aluminum radiator, duel electric fans, 160 thermostat and runs really cool, even in 115 degree heat. I let the car idle for an hour today to see if it would get hot and it didn't. car does not ping and has no flat spots. Also has MSD billet distributor, cap, wires, and plugs. Trans was rebuilt and is tight, has a Hurst shifter, clutch is new and a performance version, but I do not know what brand, rear end was rebuilt with new Ford Racing 3.73 gears, new bearings, and new traction lock. Car is very easy to drive and sounds really good too. I drove the car from Temecula CA to Palm Springs and it only used an 1/8 of a tank of gas. It runs really well. Heater and A/C work perfect too. Tires and brakes were recently done. 2nd owner spent over $7K on building the car according to the marine and I believe him. From owning a Mustang shop I can tell the difference between well built and junk pretty easily!! Car also has XM radio. Also has a sunroof that doesn't leak. Perfect driver, track car, or candidate for a supercharger. I will sell it as is for $4500 or more if you want it built up or anything changed. Very well preserved little GTS.

Here are some pics...

GTS025.jpg

GTS026.jpg

GTS027.jpg

GTS028.jpg

GTS029.jpg

GTS030.jpg

GTS031.jpg

GTS012.jpg

GTS019.jpg

GTS020.jpg

It is missing the back seat, the radiator plastic cover, pass side speaker grill, grill pony, and the wheel well liners. The marine I bought it from claimed he was trying to make the car even lighter and was planning on doing one of the rear seat delete kits, but never did, He also relocated the battery to the trunk. I have located most of the parts and will install all of that and do a couple paint touch ups (have my paint guy blend the chips and scuffs..white is very easy!! ) re-dye the driver's airbag as it is faded, and have the sunroof and rear window tint re-done as it wasn't well done, and will then sell the car for $5500. Will sell it for $4500 the way you see it here....

I had a new windshield put in it as the original had a rock chip and crack...all other glass is good. I also put a new pass side power mirror on it as the original didn't work on 2 positions. Car was just detailed and shines nicely. Carpets and seats were steam cleaned and look good. This car has much less wear than you'd expect for a 15 year old car. It shows how well it has been taken car of. I drove the car home tonight and am impressed every time I drive it as to how well it runs and drives...it doesn't ping even on 87 octane gas, or get hot even in 115 degree weather!!

This car would also been a nice 95 Cobra R clone as it is the same color with tan manual window interior....Put a Cobra R hood on it, some Cobra R wheels, wing, brakes, and go have some fun....

Alex

Today I bought an original, uncracked 1995 radiator plastic cover, a manual window pass side speaker grill, a nice grill pony, a, original windshield washer reservoir, and a pair of mint wheel well liners. I will install those parts on tuesday as well as re-dye the faded driver's side airbag. I also bought a new take-out donut spare with hold-down and jack as they were taken out too...I know I am adding weight back to the car, but I want it to be complete. I may put the battery back in the engine box too. I will get some underside shots when it is on my lift....the car is really, really clean and sure runs and drives well....

Alex

Both Bob's (Slabo and CaptainBob) were interested in this car for their sons when I was up in WA for Grabber's event, so I figured I would post the pictures here rather than email them one at a time:

The GTS was basically a Mustang GT with the 5.0 engine, T-5 manual transmission, and 8,8" traction lock axle with out all the heavy luxury items that the GT's had...no power windows, seat, locks, trunk release, cruise control, rear window defroster, foglights, illuminated visors, and the heavier GT seats. They weighed right around 3200 lbs, so they are perfect for a lightweight track car. Here's more info on the GTS model:

http://www.quannet.org/corey/gtsinfo.html

This car is one of 6370 GTS's total built, of those 4848 were 5 speed manuals and 847 were Crystal White, and of those only 116 had saddle interior (others had red, grey or black) and of those 116 only 7 had the rear spoiler. I think it is safe to say you won't find one of the other 6 pulling up next to you...LOL

Car has a clean Carfax, and a clean and clear title in WI, even though car has never been to WI...it is registered there until Feb 2011. I bought from the 3rd owner who was a marine and getting married. He registered it there with-out taking the car there as that was his home state. It was his daily driver from Temecula to San Diego each day and he put 7K miles on it with no issues. The second owner had the car in CA and FL and the original owner kept it in FL for 8 years. Car is very clean underneath, no rust, and drives and handles tight and responsive. It feels very nimble, quick and safe. It also has duel airbags.

2nd owner did the following at around 95K miles....car now had 110K....original motor rebuilt with new rings, bearings, hone, hi volume oil pump, double roller timing chain, mild cam, ported and polished heads, valve job,and all Fel Pro gaskets. Nothing leaks. Car also has BBK equal length shorty headers, cold air intake, off road pipe and Flowmaster mufflers with stock polished 2.25" stainless steel rear tailpipes. Battery has been relocated to the trunk in an NHRA legal box with holdown. Has 160 amp polished Powerhouse alternator, and billet underdrive pullies. Block was painted black and all brackets are powdercoated a metallic purple (actually looks pretty good) Car has all new hoses, serpentine belt, waterpump, Mosimoto Aluminum radiator, duel electric fans, 160 thermostat and runs really cool, even in 115 degree heat. I let the car idle for an hour today to see if it would get hot and it didn't. car does not ping and has no flat spots. Also has MSD billet distributor, cap, wires, and plugs. Trans was rebuilt and is tight, has a Hurst shifter, clutch is new and a performance version, but I do not know what brand, rear end was rebuilt with new Ford Racing 3.73 gears, new bearings, and new traction lock. Car is very easy to drive and sounds really good too. I drove the car from Temecula CA to Palm Springs and it only used an 1/8 of a tank of gas. It runs really well. Heater and A/C work perfect too. Tires and brakes were recently done. 2nd owner spent over $7K on building the car according to the marine and I believe him. From owning a Mustang shop I can tell the difference between well built and junk pretty easily!! Car also has XM radio. Also has a sunroof that doesn't leak. Perfect driver, track car, or candidate for a supercharger. I will sell it as is for $4500 or more if you want it built up or anything changed. Very well preserved little GTS.

Here are some pics...

GTS025.jpg

GTS026.jpg

GTS027.jpg

GTS028.jpg

GTS029.jpg

GTS030.jpg

GTS031.jpg

GTS012.jpg

GTS019.jpg

GTS020.jpg

So want it so badly, yet I can't drive yeat until possibly a couple months when I get my permit. :banghead:

Can you hold the car off for a couple more years? I would be happy to buy it.

But if it can't happen, it can't happen. Maybe you may have something better in stock in a couple of years. Who knows......

Hi Danny,

I can't hold it for couple years, but check back with me when you are closer to ready, and see what I have then, or I can always locate something for you.

I bought a bunch more parts for this car last week, I will post new pictures when I get the time in between other projects to install everything and get some new pictures. I have actually been driving and enjoying this car while my GT500 is getting the trans replaced. Even in the 115+ desert heat, she runs cool and drives great!! The thing that pisses me off with the car is the ticking throw out bearing...so I ordered a new Ford Racing unit and will install when I have time.

Alex

After many new parts, cleaning, and detailing, my assistant put the car on ebay today....put the Buy It Now at $5900, but will take $5500 to any TS member.....car really drives, feels, and performs really good....check it out...I am nuts for even trying to help out/buy any more cars...I get way too carried away with them....here's the link....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280526302535&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Alex

Hi Danny,

I can't hold it for couple years, but check back with me when you are closer to ready, and see what I have then, or I can always locate something for you.

Sure thing Alex.

When it comes time for getting a Mustang, I'll be sure to keep you and your lot in mind! :happy feet:

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Danny

Re-listed with new pictures on ebay for $5500. Will take $5200 with all the upgrades to any Team Shelby member.....check it out, here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280534946911&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Alex

Archived