TEAM SHELBY FORUM

sterling grey mustang

Hey guys!

I am getting a new 2011 mustang shelby gt500 soon, but I don't know what color stripes I should get. I know I will be getting a sterling grey mustang. I have seen many pictures on google of the white striped mustang, but I havn't seen many of the black striped mustang. What would you get? and please post a picture if you have one. THANK YOU!

Hey guys!

I am getting a new 2011 mustang shelby gt500 soon, but I don't know what color stripes I should get. I know I will be getting a sterling grey mustang. I have seen many pictures on google of the white striped mustang, but I havn't seen many of the black striped mustang. What would you get? and please post a picture if you have one. THANK YOU!

Here is a pic of my 2010 GT500 Sterling Gray with Satin Black stripes

post-26791-127597141118_thumb.jpg

post-26791-127597141118_thumb.jpg

Are you a "look at me" kinda guy or a more laid back, make people take a second look kinda guy?

I'd opt for the black stripes myself, but I've never been into "flashy" cars. My stangs have always had more of a stealth look to them.

Honesstly both will look great. The question, as posted earlier, is which fits your personality more? Do you want people to instantly notice the car? If so go white. If you want to have people really only notice the car once they get a look at it go black. If you are into car shows, go white. People almost never vote for the stealth car. Trust me I've lost to some pretty ugly custom mustangs because the details I have are not flashy, well except for the 5.4 engine and the cobra. :)

Carbon fiber strips will look just black from a distance and then up close they fill freak people out when they see there carbon fiber.

Hey, now *there's* a hell of a idea.

Me personally, I'm a "contrast" kind'a guy when it comes to stripes.

I had a 1970 Pontiac Trans-Am RA-IV that had the tradtional SCCA Trans-Am "White w/Blue stripe" (USA Colors) on it. They also made the mirror version in '70 which was Blue with a White stripe. Well, the grass was always greener and I wanted a Blue/white car instead of my White/blue car.

So when it came time to buy my 2010 GT500, the choice was obvious. It *had* to be Kona Blue with WHITE stripes (not Silver, not Black, but WHITE). I started looking all over the country and ironically ended up finding one right here at my local Ford dealership about 5 miles away! Talk about blind luck. AND, it had the exact options/features I was looking for (Sync, Nav, Electronics, Cover, HID's, etc.). My plan was to buy the GT500 and send it to LV and get the Super Snake upgrade for it.

Unfortunately, because of my extreame desire to have a Blue car with a White stripe or stripes, and Shelby's (business) decision to stick with a matte black stripe PERIOD, my plans to SS the car will not happen. Fact is, I can build my own "Super Snake" with off the shelf items but it just won't have the Shelby CSM number or the "Super Snake" script on various items (Super Charger pulley, door sills, headrests, rocker stripes, etc. etc. etc..

Okay, I got off on a tangent there so let me get back to the original point. As much as I like contrast (which means I'd go with white stripes in your case) I absolutely LOVE those Carbon Fiber stripes Raceskinz makes. There is enough contrast to please me and in fact, the CF stripes are more of a "gloss" than matte so I think the contrast factor would be even more pronounced with them.

Pricey, yes, but they recently had a sale on them that put them at right about OE (Ford) prices.

Get your Sterling Grey Shelby with the stripe delete and add the Carbon Fiber (black) stripe kit to it. That's what I'd do if I was you.

I think that's just a fantastic idea and it'd certainly be one of the more unique 500's out there.

If I wasn't so damn stuborn about having black stripes on a dark blue car, I'd a had a set of those suckers on my car months ago.

Good idea Levi, a little "out of the box" thinkin' never hurt nobody!

And as always...to each his own...whatever floats yer boat...your mileage may vary...blah X 3,

Phill Pollard

Hey guys!

If you're going to keep the car for the long run, definitely get the stripes painted and clear coated, whatever color you choose. You'll be happy you did and they'll look great forever.

John

• 8 months later...

Archived