TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Impossible to rent a Mustang at Midland Airport

DutchGT500

Hertz should be getting their Mustangs way before Terlingua. Are you bringing the Motorhome down to Terlingua?

I sent a note to a friend who lives in Odessa to see if he knows of a local agency that might have something more exotic to rent. I'll let you know what he says. :shift:

114 days and counting down!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Keep checking back every so often. One one of my trips to Vegas, I was after a GTH. they were not listed on the site for quite a long time. this was between the 06 and 07 models. One week before I was ready to go they showed up on the site and I was the second person to rent 07GTH200 :happy feet: . Sometimes they just don't know for sure what they might have at the time you make a reservation. Maybe somethings coming down the pipeline. I made some calls also and I couldn't find anything either right now.

Some minutes ago I got an email of our last contact at Hertz SAT. Back in 2008 he had a brand new white 09 Mustang convertible with 1.9 miles in the nr 1 spot of President's circle ready for us. He didn't mind we turned the car in with all the Terlingua decals, big number 12 and rookie stripes. I said, be glad I didn't get you a Shelby autograph on the airbag cover. :hysterical: He gave us the email address of the Midland Hertz office manager. I will email her directly.

Try the best you can Patrick, and if all else fails, perhaps we can ferry one in from San Antonio or Dallas with one of our groups coming in if you are unsuccessful. We have some options we can look at perhaps. Maybe one of our attendees with an extra Shelby will step up to the plate..poke-prod

Ive got 3 people coming in two Shelbys in my group, but we also have the support truck and custom trailer with winch I bought with the event in mind...(its got low clearance ramps and fender wells made to our spec cars thanks to CobraScotty!) :happy feet:

If we get no help, I can get one of the people with me to drive an extra car.

Thanks, Warren. Even if we can get a Mustang, a Mustang is not a Shelby. Now If we can do the Saturday of the event in our 'own' Shelby that would be fun and will add the cherry to the pie. Maybe a black one with red stripes. :dance:

Patrick--wish there was some way to match you all up with the Link-moble as I feel less like I'll be able to make it as each week goes by.

My broken toes might force me to delay the move a few weeks and construction did actually start last week for our new house on the farm.

Both of these things will just add to the crazy times for the rest of this year.

(My sister-in-law and neice are going to drive it back to Missouri next week after flying out here to attend a family event.)

I wished we could do that too and it is so generous of you. If we were by the two of us we had flown to KC and drove it down. But we have two lovely kids that we will miss and we can't go longer then those 5 or 6 days. In six weeks we will go on a 4 week RV trip through CO, WY, SD and UT. Not many vacation days left. Wish we could get your car down to San Antonio or Midland to stay at some Shelby family member. Besides that. You have to be with your car down the Big Bend. You belong to our club of friends.

I am cautiously optimistic that as we get closer something will come up and you'll get a ride. If nothing else I feel like you could rent some crap car and then use someone's "extra" shelby for the run.

Hey Patrick,

Hope Hertz comes thru for you.

Another possibility if Alpine Motors in Alpine, TX they have had a Mustang for rent at this local location in the past. I will beup there Wednesday and will stop in and ask if they still do. You could probably switch to that if needed for a couple days.

I am also glad to hear they liked your nicely customized Mustang from 2008 - it looked better by the time you were done :drool: . Funny.

We are looking forward to seeing you both again!

David

Archived