TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Picked Up An L&M Throttle Body From Lethal

lawdude

I ordered Satin. Received a call that satin was out of stock. Changed it to Polished. Came last week while I was on vacation. Put it on today. Too wet to test it out.

What, if any, difference should I notice? I have upper/lower pulleys, canned Jon Lund tune, Lethal O/R mid pipe, Revan H/E.

I ordered Satin. Received a call that satin was out of stock. Changed it to Polished. Came last week while I was on vacation. Put it on today. Too wet to test it out.

What, if any, difference should I notice? I have upper/lower pulleys, canned Jon Lund tune, Lethal O/R mid pipe, Revan H/E.

It's good for 20 RWHP. You may need to get a new tune from Lund. The canned SCT tunes make some throttle body changes that didn't agree with the L&M and my 2010.

You lucked out by receiving the polished version. I ordered and received the satin and it really has no finish. It should be called unfinished. It looks like it came right out of the CNC machine and put in the box. I did not like it and so I exchanged mine for a Polished. Expecting it this week. Lethal was great to deal with BTW.

Interested to hear how your L&M reacts with your Lund tune.

Congrats on the gains!

Hopefully Jon started correcting this for the 2010s in his tunes. What would happen is after driving for about an hour, the idle would start to hang, fluctuate and then the car would shut off. It wouldn't restart until I cleared the codes or reloaded the tune. I think I was one of the first with the problem and when Jon figured it out, he immediately shot me an updated tune.

Flash forward to getting the car dyno tuned locally, my local tuner INSISTS that he has to tune the throttle body. After numerous emails between myself, the tuner and BlackShelby, once we put the throttle body code back to stock, the problems disappeared, just like BlackShelby said they would. The funny thing is that to this day, he still insists that the L&M throttle body needs to be tuned despite seeing first hand proof of the contrary. =/

Congrats on the gains!

Hopefully Jon started correcting this for the 2010s in his tunes. What would happen is after driving for about an hour, the idle would start to hang, fluctuate and then the car would shut off. It wouldn't restart until I cleared the codes or reloaded the tune. I think I was one of the first with the problem and when Jon figured it out, he immediately shot me an updated tune.

Flash forward to getting the car dyno tuned locally, my local tuner INSISTS that he has to tune the throttle body. After numerous emails between myself, the tuner and BlackShelby, once we put the throttle body code back to stock, the problems disappeared, just like BlackShelby said they would. The funny thing is that to this day, he still insists that the L&M throttle body needs to be tuned despite seeing first hand proof of the contrary. =/

I guess I better go driving around for an hour to verify. What codes were you throwing?

Congrats on the gains!

Wondering what the need for dyno tune was if Lund had the TB dialed in for you? Was TB code back to stock on the Lund revision? If not, how did the revised tune react to the TB?

Wondering what the need for dyno tune was if Lund had the TB dialed in for you? Was TB code back to stock on the Lund revision? If not, how did the revised tune react to the TB?

I decided to have dyno tune done versus a mail order tune. As for what Jon L. set the the TB code to, you have to ask him. As for how the car reacted, it's posted above.

Archived