TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Snow Stage 3 meth injection kit installed

I pulled the trigger on a water/meth kit last week. I got the Snow Performance Stage 3 Boost Cooler kit.

All that's left is to hook up the power and ground for the pump itself, then splice the leads off one of the fuel injectors, so the controller can read cycle duty. All the other wiring and plumbing is good to go. I installed the biggest injection nozzle that they build into the handy pre-drilled port at the outlet of my blower. After doing some research, I found that there's a good possibility that I may need to add a 2nd, smaller nozzle right next to the 1st one, due to the amount of power this engine is making.

I intend on adding their 'SafeInjection' system as well, so that in case the injection fails for any reason, my computer will default to a much more conservative tune. I also plan on tapping the windshield washer fluid reservoir and using it as a 2nd meth tank, since the tank that was supplied with the kit is awfully small. I'll need a T at the pump and a solenoid at the injection nozzle, in order to get that done. Lastly, I'll add a float to each reservoir along with a level indicating LED in the cabin.

Here are some photos of what I got done today.

DSC02004.jpg

DSC02005.jpg

DSC02008.jpg

Funny,..Ya know?

How I poseted about this back a few weeks ago, but got shouted down (and got a few threads closed) because I was a "dumbass".

I also lost a good (and valued) friendship over this.

Funny...How it's now (today) an interesting topic.

Now that I can't talk (or type) all that well anymore.

Thanks guys,

Y'all be safe, I'm outta here.

^I've got no idea WTF that's referencing. I don't recall ever seeing anything about meth injection here. It's an 'interesting topic' to me because I just purchased and installed a kit. I remember the thread about your build and how some were disputing your HP/torque numbers with the amount of boost you're running and/or the pulley combo you had. But I really have no clue what you're talking about regarding meth injection. headscratch.gif

Paul, which kit did you go with?

^Thanks a lot guys - this stuff ought to really help keep my IAT down. That combined with the 116 octane rating it yields and I should be able to throw a ton of timing at this thing. I'll report back with a dyno sheet sooner than later. :shift:

^I've got no idea WTF that's referencing. I don't recall ever seeing anything about meth injection here. It's an 'interesting topic' to me because I just purchased and installed a kit. I remember the thread about your build and how some were disputing your HP/torque numbers with the amount of boost you're running and/or the pulley combo you had. But I really have no clue what you're talking about regarding meth injection. headscratch.gif

Paul, which kit did you go with?

stage 2,

http://www.lethalperformance.com/05-09-mustang-gt-methanol-injection-c-576_7977/snow-performance-05-10-mustang-gt-stage-2-maf-boost-cooler-p-30557

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work as always, I also like the idea of the window washer tank being use smart move.

Thanks a lot Racer - hopefully I'll have time this weekend to get the washer tank plumbed into my meth pump. If so, I'll get some pictures up showing how it turns out.

Archived