TEAM SHELBY FORUM

lower grill

I know some of you have the Shelby lower grill that goes in the lower middle section of the front bumper... My question is what is the best method to install this part and what tips or tricks should I be aware of when doing mine?

I know some of you have the Shelby lower grill that goes in the lower middle section of the front bumper... My question is what is the best method to install this part and what tips or tricks should I be aware of when doing mine?

It's a pain to hold it in place for marking and drilling. It's best to have another person hold it in place while you mark and/or drill. Use a string and pull to hold it flush while you mark/drill. Once the holes are drilled, use rivets. The existing holes are worthless if I recall correctly.

GOOD LUCK !

See here:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/25352-gtcs-lower-black-grill-installation/page__p__375005__hl__grill__fromsearch__1entry375005

The last two lower grills I've installed used Hex Head Screws with nuts, not Rivets. I would think the rivets would be harder to do and a bit of a pain if you ever had to remove the assembly (repainting lower facia for example). just a thought.

^Rivets suck. I used the bolts that came with the Shelby brake cooling duct bezels to secure the lower grill. Worked like a champ.

That space is tight enough to work in with an allen key and micro box wrench. I can't imagine trying to fight with a rivet gun under there.

Archived