TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Picked up new 2010 White/Blue vert

kpevin

Drove down to pick this up this morning, put 230 miles on it on the way home. Got caught in the rain of course for 1/2 the trip but being white it still looks OK dirty :)

Was a little nervous about it, was trying to choose between one of these or a GS C6 Corvette, after putting a couple hundred miles on this I think I made a good choice. I've owned a C5 coupe, C5 Z06 and two C6 corvettes and I'm glad I went with something different. I'm pretty impressed with the fit and finish of the interior and exterior and the overall package, the Vette is a more refined sports car for sure but you pay for the lightweight with a lot of road noise and interior heat. Havent really goit on this one much yet but I'm sure it may need a few more HP soon..

With all the 2011s coming out I know a 2010 is no big deal but with only 41 white/blue verts made I never seen one before. I like the white/blue with the darker colored wheels, it still will take me a while to get used to the 2010 rear ends though. I like the rear end of the 2007-2009 cars better but I like the dash/interior of the 2010+ better, considering I see the dash a lot more than the rear of the car when I'm driving I went for the 2010 :) Got a fair deal on it, car is in perfect shape even though it was at the dealer for five months, geat people to deal with as well (Sandy Springs Ford in Atlanta).

1-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

Congrats on your good looking 2010 Vert and welcome to the forum. Like you I was thinking of getting a C6 Vette was looking for a used 06 or 07 ZO6 but the more I read about the 2010 GT500's the more I was drawn back to getting another Mustang. In the end the updated 2010 exterior styling, and interior redesign has me ready to order a 2011. Enjoy your Shelby and I'm looking forward to more of your feed back after more miles under your belt.

Congrats on your purchase!! I too called Sandy Springs and talked to them about the car you bought. I found them to be very hard to deal with and they wanted way too much for the car. Ended up buying one from Michael Morris at a way better deal and it was in the showroom the whole time. You can read my process and build in the link below. Enjoy!!

Alex

wanna swap my factory 19s off my 2010 coupe for your 18s on your vert??? mine have 480 miles on it. im in alabama and would be willin to meet you...

Appreciate the offer but I prefer the 18s, I'd rather have the softer ride..

Congrats on your purchase!! I too called Sandy Springs and talked to them about the car you bought. I found them to be very hard to deal with and they wanted way too much for the car. Ended up buying one from Michael Morris at a way better deal and it was in the showroom the whole time. You can read my process and build in the link below. Enjoy!!

Alex

They did OK price-wise, I could have bought a different color for less from a couple other dealers but I wanted to drive down and go look at it (and if I didnt like it I wouldnt have to buy it), had to pay more but I also didnt have to deal with transporting it or getting something that was beat up on a car lot outside for 6 months buying sight-unseen.. I wanted a white one so I had to pay a little more than what I wanted for a 2010 or pay a crapload more for a 2011 and have to wait for it. I had no problem with them at all, I didnt try to beat thm up too bad on the price...

I would assume this one was in a showroom most of its life there, its extremely clean in, out and underneath, I doubt it sat outside much if any.

I seen your thread a couple days ago, nice build.

thats a terrific color combo--really like it.Glad it went well---whats with all you guys coming to Atl and not asking my permission??Gt500, glad you bought that car so i didnt have to see my red vert driving w/0 me around town---- I too own a C6 and feel that the suspensionon the Shelby is better--the vette sometimes "hops" if it hits a crack on a tight turn---bob

thats a terrific color combo--really like it.Glad it went well---whats with all you guys coming to Atl and not asking my permission??Gt500, glad you bought that car so i didnt have to see my red vert driving w/0 me around town---- I too own a C6 and feel that the suspensionon the Shelby is better--the vette sometimes "hops" if it hits a crack on a tight turn---bob

We can't have Atlanta get all the good looking cars dance.gif

congrats on new car colors are great, next time you are around a 07-09 500 part next to it and check them out from the rear you will love the look of yours not that the older ones are not nice, but you will see more of the 60 musstangs with the slant foward in our shape it will grow on you then you will love it

congrats on new car colors are great, next time you are around a 07-09 500 part next to it and check them out from the rear you will love the look of yours not that the older ones are not nice, but you will see more of the 60 musstangs with the slant foward in our shape it will grow on you then you will love it

I'm getting more used to it, not a lot of 2010 Mustangs around here so it still looks odd to me. I hated C6 Corvettes when I first seen them as well but they grew on me after a while.

Kinda sucked, I brought the car home and had to go on a trip so except for driving it home I havent even looked at it. Just got home a few hours ago so I'll go clean it up and drive it some tomorrow.

Funny you mentioned the new 2010 & 2011 rear looking like the 60's mustangs. Most 07-09 owners say they like their cars' rear "the old school look" vs the new design. Well the truth is the new designed rears are Old School, just look at the 67 Shelby Cobra coupe that drove in Lemans and caught fire in Daytona (filled the gas tank too much, over spill), their rears are very similar to the 10 & 11 rears.

Archived