TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Recieved My Shelby KR Cover

Just wanted to say I recieved my cover today and installed it right away. It is really a great cover. The fit is awesome, the material is awesome and worth every penny. I should of purchased it the day I purchased my car. Very soft yet not cheap. The only knock I have is that they have a 6 inch sleeve for the antenna. Looks like a great idea but I personally take my antenna off because the previous car covers did not have that, and I believe it is easier that way anyway. And also I think I have turned on my NAV radio maybe 2 times since the purchase because I'd rather listen to the exhaust. But great cover. It makes the car feel like it's worth a million dollars. If you don't have one, order one tonight because it is really that good.

That sounds cool, good addition.

Not to derail your thread but....I had my Mom (of all people....lol) sew me a car cover made out of fleece. The cover is 1/2 blue, 1/2 silver to match my car. I'll have to post a pic to show. I'm just wondering if it's safe to use this material for an indoor cover. I only cover it when the car is cold and after wiping it down with detail spray.

The cover has the Shelby badge on the sides. The material and fit are just perfect. More the material. I was using a cover that everytime I took it off or put it on I was cringing because of being scared to scratch it. Now I just want to look at it covered and show everyone. The Shelby site had a discount running and saved a couple bucks. Hopefully still there. Just read the headings when you click on www.teamshelby.com Ill get some pics soon.

By the way Shelbypt...you werent on the New York State Thruway last week heading in the direction of Yankee stadium in the morning where you?

Lets see some pics!! Does it have KR on the cover? or the cover for GT500's?

That's a NICE cover!! I have the type of cover that resist rain, but breathes. I feel that I have to put it on slowly so that I avoid possible scratching. I don't see scratches, but it's not as soft as microfiber or cotton... No, that wasn't me on the thruway. If you are close to Long Island, think about attending the Lucas Ford car show in Southhold, Sunday June 13th.

Its a great car cover. A few of my clients have them. Just an FYI do not put the cover on a hot car with dusty wheels and do not put the cover on when the tires are dressed. Otherwise you will have dressing on the car and cover. Plus brake dust on the wheels gets on the cover and then on your paint so be careful. I personally like to see covers on cars that are cleaned up and stored for a long time. Just my professional opinion. :salute:

Its a great car cover. A few of my clients have them. Just an FYI do not put the cover on a hot car with dusty wheels and do not put the cover on when the tires are dressed. Otherwise you will have dressing on the car and cover. Plus brake dust on the wheels gets on the cover and then on your paint so be careful. I personally like to see covers on cars that are cleaned up and stored for a long time. Just my professional opinion. :salute:

I think that is good advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Custom made fleece cover to match my car.

covers.jpg

Nice Fleece, that must be a 1 of 1 pain job you have there if it matches your car :doh: Just kidding, your car looks snug as a bug in a fleece...

• 2 months later...

Is it me or does this look too small???

I have many car covers and none have fit like this. This is the second cover they have sent me. Both were the same

.post-27266-128350686343_thumb.jpg

Oh HELL no.

Is the other side the same or is it pulled all the way down to the ground?

If both sides are like that, send the pic to whomever you bought it from and either demand another that FITS or get your money back.

My OEM/Ford cover fits (as someone else said) all the way around with maybe 2" of tire showing.

I wouldn't take that, and any price.

Phill

Oh HELL no.

Is the other side the same or is it pulled all the way down to the ground?

If both sides are like that, send the pic to whomever you bought it from and either demand another that FITS or get your money back.

My OEM/Ford cover fits (as someone else said) all the way around with maybe 2" of tire showing.

I wouldn't take that, and any price.

Phill

Thx Phil the cover was ordered directly from Shelby. I have sent them another email saying this one is the same as the last one. Someything is wrong. If I pull it down on one side it piulls the other side up. Also it is too small width wise. I'll have to see what their next response is.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived