TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What Unique Items Were Left Behind

Pulled the back seat on the Hertz (#109) after daughter lost a bracelet;found a photo storage card; not mine, lets check it out; :camera: lets just say most stripper poles have seen less action than that lightbar! disinfected interior and now laugh alot when the top goes down;whole new meaning at our house!

So what else got left behind?

Doc Scott

Pulled the back seat on the Hertz (#109) after daughter lost a bracelet;found a photo storage card; not mine, lets check it out; :camera: lets just say most stripper poles have seen less action than that lightbar! disinfected interior and now laugh alot when the top goes down;whole new meaning at our house!

Doc Scott

Linky to photos? :happy feet:

Doc Scott

Doc, you found proof that rental cars, including the GTH, have some interesting histories. I worked as a Hertz Corporate Security Manager for over 25 years and I can assure you there are a lot of worse things occured in GTHs. There is a GTH that is currently (as of two months ago) being held in a homicide investigation, several GTHs were involved in fraudulent credit card activity, several in hit-run accidents, at least two armed robberies that I can remember, one alleged abduction, one GTH convertible in Florida was nearly destroyed as the renter went off road "four wheelin' " in it, 3 GTH salvages (one theft strip, one wrapped around a light pole, and one de-Shelbyized. Now, when you buy that GTH and it has a few scratches or may drive a little odd, chances are it had "an interesting history". Now if you want some really gross stories we could discuss the rest of the rental fleet experiences !!! Enjoy your car and remember to use handi-wipes, regards, Larry

Doc Scott

ha ha! Light bars are good for more than show :happy feet:

Doc Scott

For all of us GTH owners there is one chore you may one to consider. Because renters tend to do strange things in rental cars (light bar "danc'in" ), the most common event is a little smoking of the old ganga or use of other non-prescription stuff, with the remains often finding itself under seats, in consoles, laying between the seats and console etc. Only a problem if the local police stop you for something minor and ask, "would you mind if I search your car ?" Being an ex-rental car may help your cause, but if a little residue is found, I assure you your butt will begin puckering a little. K-9s won't miss much. I would really really suggest a very thorough vacumn of the car, with a good cleaning of the carpet, seats, especially under the rear seat and between the console / front seat. After I bought CSM 06H 457 from Shelby American, I chose to drive it from LasVegas back to Florida, a really nice 36 hour road trip. About 10 miles outside of Amarillo, Tx I gotted stopped (for cruising in the left lane, no traffic in any direction for miles) by the Texas Dept of Public Safety a.k.a State Police. After a very pleasant chat with the two officers, both of which looked like George Strait, they politely asked if they could "take a look in the car ?" The "look" took 45 minutes, the car trunk was emptied on the road, inner panels removed, engine compartment searched etc. Nothing found but I was glad this car was driven mostly by Shelby executives. Just for the record, I'm a 62 year old white mail, ex-police officer, retired Hertz Corporate Security Manager, and currently work in Florida Circuit Court doing Civil and Family Mediations. I don't think I was being profiled but............ Just another war story, Larry

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Let's start this one again. There has to be one picture on the card that can be shared, right?

Just think of it as history that we can all use to tell about our cars.

We can start a conversation by saying that there was one GT-H out there that....................(fill in the blank once we see the pics)

The only thing I found was HAWAII ANTS, for months after coming from Maui, everytime I put a coke in the cup holder or a bag of food from the drive true on my pax seat, ANTS would come from nowhere. I finnaly was able to get them all.

Maybe they came from the BOAT.

When the dealer from Indiana sent me a bunch of pictures, this was one of them:

102_door_jamb.JPG

I was thinking, "what the heck is that sticker? Something from Hertz?"

Then after I got the car home, I found this one behind the air filter, now really perplexed:

102_behind_filter.JPG

So I looked up Agent 47 and saw this picture:

lowergrill_shelby02_600.jpg

Sure enough, my car was rented in San Diego by Agent 47 to do some product fitment on. I talked to them and they started laughing when they found out that the stickers they put on the rental car were still there. Of course, the stickers are still there today. Some cool rental history. Sure enough, if you pop out the little grills in the lower bumper, the plastic is cut out where Agent 47 cut them to fit in their brake ducts. So the picture from Agent 47's web site above is my actual car.

Its absolutley terrible that you teased us with this enticing photo and won't even show a little tidbit of it.

Maybe all he found were pictures like this...

post-8727-038738100 1288984877_thumb.jpg

But I did rent 07H132 back in Dec 2007 on a trip to Las Vegas...

post-8727-039305800 1288984895_thumb.jpg

And NO, nothing was left behind ~ Except for a little $$$ at the Slots salute.gif

Gregg

07SGT0547

post-8727-038738100 1288984877_thumb.jpg

post-8727-039305800 1288984895_thumb.jpg

I pulled my back seat the other day. Nothing but a Mothers Day tag like you get when you buy flowers. There wasn't anything written on it. At least it was rented by someone who loved his/her mom!

Small update: I took a flashlight, and by shining it at the front of the dash I saw the reflection of a parking stub. I got it out but it didn't have any location info on it and even the date/time info had faded so I couldn't read it.

• 2 weeks later...

Doc Scott

Doc, that photo storage card was left by my wife. She recently passed away and I would like a return of the card to add to the memories of her. Honest!

When the dealer from Indiana sent me a bunch of pictures, this was one of them:

102_door_jamb.JPG

I was thinking, "what the heck is that sticker? Something from Hertz?"

Then after I got the car home, I found this one behind the air filter, now really perplexed:

102_behind_filter.JPG

So I looked up Agent 47 and saw this picture:

lowergrill_shelby02_600.jpg

Sure enough, my car was rented in San Diego by Agent 47 to do some product fitment on. I talked to them and they started laughing when they found out that the stickers they put on the rental car were still there. Of course, the stickers are still there today. Some cool rental history. Sure enough, if you pop out the little grills in the lower bumper, the plastic is cut out where Agent 47 cut them to fit in their brake ducts. So the picture from Agent 47's web site above is my actual car.

Thats wicked awesome!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have 07H106 and so far, I've found a parking receipt from a hotel on Maui. It just appeared one day. The receipt was stuck between the dash and the windshield. Not quite as good of a find as your photo storage card :-) but it was kind of odd how the receipt crept up out of the dash. I had the car for a few months at that time and had previously inspected and cleaned finding nothing

Doc Scott

Archived