TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07SGT replacement grille

Very Nice job. Looks simple enough with those great pics.

It wasn't hard at all. Just press the grille surround tabs inward and they pop right out, sides first then bottom. New surround easily slides in.

Looks great! Nice job!

I changed my old grille out this weekend with the new surround and the billet grille refresh from Roger Sorel's old car.

Here are a few pics - Old hacked up original grille.

Grille opening on car:

New grille surround:

New grille on car:

I had already cut out all that plastic on the inside a few years ago mainly to get more airflow but it looks so much better. So ya'll are saying to order the 2008 grille and it won't have all this original plastic grill behind it ? Do they still sell the 07 grille with all this original plastic grill behind it ? I am about to order a new one. A piece of metal came flying out of the back of a truck and hit the front of my car denting the hood and grill so some things are about to be replaced. Maybe even a deep draw hood.

I had already cut out all that plastic on the inside a few years ago mainly to get more airflow but it looks so much better. So ya'll are saying to order the 2008 grille and it won't have all this original plastic grill behind it ? Do they still sell the 07 grille with all this original plastic grill behind it ? I am about to order a new one. A piece of metal came flying out of the back of a truck and hit the front of my car denting the hood and grill so some things are about to be replaced. Maybe even a deep draw hood.

This new piece is made by SHELBY and NOT Ford. It's seems like a heavier plastic and seems like it will never get wavy on the bottom like the originals, and yes...its hollowed out in the middle. It's in the true sense of the word, a "shell". :thumbsup:

Archived