TEAM SHELBY FORUM

VIN #

BLUOVLHP

ORDERED MY CAR 3-01-10 KONA BLUE SVT PACKAGE. MY DEALER IS TELLING ME THE DELIVERY DATE IS SOMETIME IN AUGEST. AT WHAT POINT DO I GET A VIN #?

I would say about 6 weeks before delivery or 3 weeks before the build week.

You should have had a VIN by now, your dealer does not have allocation. I ordered in Feb. never got a VIN, called Ford and found out that my dealer did not have anymore allocation. I reordered my car May 11 from another dealer and had a VIN in 2 weeks.

ORDERED MY CAR 3-01-10 KONA BLUE SVT PACKAGE. MY DEALER IS TELLING ME THE DELIVERY DATE IS SOMETIME IN AUGEST. AT WHAT POINT DO I GET A VIN #?

+1---either he doesnt have an allocation, or hes completley incompetent.There have been cases on this forum where folks didnt geta VIn and the car showed up anyway.Call SVt and see what they tell you--im betting he doesnt have an allocation,or, if he had one,sold it to someone else at a higher price--do you have a DORA report??

+1---either he doesnt have an allocation, or hes completley incompetent.There have been cases on this forum where folks didnt geta VIn and the car showed up anyway.Call SVt and see what they tell you--im betting he doesnt have an allocation,or, if he had one,sold it to someone else at a higher price--do you have a DORA report??

I think what is happening here is Dealers are being told at what point they get their allocation. I didn't have a DORA( still don't) or a VIN for two months and my dealer told me it was scheduled to be built in May. Sure enough as soon as May rolled around I got my VIN and it was build 2 weeks later and is now "In Transit" to the Dealership.

If they didn't get a down payment from you, just walk away. You'll find a much better deal by August on a car that is sitting at a Dealership somewhere unless they gave you some ridiculous pricing close to invoice.

I think what is happening here is Dealers are being told at what point they get their allocation. I didn't have a DORA( still don't) or a VIN for two months and my dealer told me it was scheduled to be built in May. Sure enough as soon as May rolled around I got my VIN and it was build 2 weeks later and is now "In Transit" to the Dealership.

If they didn't get a down payment from you, just walk away. You'll find a much better deal by August on a car that is sitting at a Dealership somewhere unless they gave you some ridiculous pricing close to invoice.

What is a DORA report? I have the order confirmation & a receipt for the deposit, just doesn't seem like they are giving me the info I want.

What is a DORA report? I have the order confirmation & a receipt for the deposit, just doesn't seem like they are giving me the info I want.

its just an acknoledgament from Ford theyve got the order--it doesn commit to making it ---thats when you get the vin, then theyve got it scheduled.Unless youve got a screaming deal, id look around for anothe dealer--there are sevral that have 2011s now--i kone Michaal Morris has a beautiflul silver SVT coupe

Archived