TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2006 GTH tune information HELP

I have a 2006 GTH and a 2007 SGT, both with the automatic transmission and identical mechanicals. The 2007 was bought new and it's tune is much smoother during accelleration then the GTH. The GTH wants to surge a little at the lower MPH and has more hesitation during rapid accelleration. The gas mileage is identical for both cars and both are fed pump gas, 91 or higher octane. Mileage on the cars are 24,000 on the SGT and 34,000 on the GTH. I'm thinking that some where along the line the GTH was re-tuned incorrrectly. Have any members had their GTH re-tuned ?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks Larry

I have a 2006 GTH and a 2007 SGT, both with the automatic transmission and identical mechanicals. The 2007 was bought new and it's tune is much smoother during accelleration then the GTH. The GTH wants to surge a little at the lower MPH and has more hesitation during rapid accelleration. The gas mileage is identical for both cars and both are fed pump gas, 91 or higher octane. Mileage on the cars are 24,000 on the SGT and 34,000 on the GTH. I'm thinking that some where along the line the GTH was re-tuned incorrrectly. Have any members had their GTH re-tuned ?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks Larry

I've been thinking about getting a tune for my 2007 GT-H as well. A forum search shows that the people who have done it seem to really like it. I don't know if this link will work, but here's one thread on it:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/41530-looking-for-computor-code-for-tune/page__p__795068__hl__tune__fromsearch__1entry795068

Saturday at Grabbers meet I drove the car through some pretty awesome twisty roads. This was pretty much the first time I've been able to drive it aggressively in the 3.5 months I've had the car. I was thinking that it was definitely lacking in throttle response and shifting compared to the 2003 GT I traded in. The GT was an auto with K&N filter, shaker hood kit, Magnaflow cat back and a program from a Superchips programmer to firm the shifts and for 91 octane (highest available around here is 92 which wasn't a choice in the programmer).

After the drive, a tune has jumped up on my to-do list for the car.

RacerX,

I've been debating ordering an SCT tuner with tunes from Brenspeed. Is the difference noticeable? All the guys on the mustang forums rave about them, but I was wondering how much is left in a SGT that came stock with a tune.

Archived