TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tire Dressing opinions Please..

venom

I've been searching for the best Tire Dressing on the market and just wanted to see other opinions.

I'm currently using Meguries Hot Shine - Tire Spray since it goes on like an aerosol and stays on the tires really well. Only drawback that I can see is that it smears on my aluminum wheels and paint and is sometimes hard to get the overspray off. They also make Hot Shine Foam that I use on my other vehicles and stays a long time as well but is very messy since the residue drips all over the wheels and would make a bigger mess on my expensive aluminum rims.

I've used various other liguid products including Zaino, Armor All etc. and in my opinion, they all streak off at some point and don't last very long at all.

Sounds like the Meguries is working well except for the mess. Try using the Meguries spray with an applicator sponge. Any auto parts store will have these sponges. I'm a die hard Adams guy so I use their sponges.

VRT Super Block

43.jpg

Adam's Pro Tire Sponges

448.jpg

This is the stuff I use. Adam's VRT - Vinyl, Rubber and Tire Dressing. It's not too shiny; just leaves a clean and dark looking tire.

101.jpg

I have settled on Adam's Polishes VRT. Dark, Black, and it is "less" greasy feeling compared to other products. I use it on ALL of my plastic and vinyl. It works great inside the engine compartment.

By the way, they are having a 15% off this weekend!

Here is the thing about rubber tires.....They are NOT supposed to have that glossy "WET" look...Rubber is, Well, RUBBER and should have an even color and be somewhat subdued....I use Armor All on a sponge to get good coverage, then use a clean rag to wipe it all down after I'm done to remove any excess...It makes the tires look very nice and clean, but not shiney looking...just looks like natural rubber...

No matter what you buy for tire shine, just make sure you put it on directly to some sort of sponge first then wipe it on the tire. Then you HAVE to let it soak in atleast overnight before you drive it or you will have spray on your car all over. I just use the cheap black magic tire shine, and it works. Granted my tires dont have that GLOSS or wet look to them, but they do have a shine and it stays for atleast three washes before I have to re do it.

I used to detail cars for a living. I always used plain old Armor-All. Works great when done correctly. I apply it with a sponge and then wipe off with a cheap terry-cloth towel. This leaves the tire clean and not shiny. Because there's very little Armor-All left behind, it doesn't attract dust or streak. Only drawback is that you need to throw the towel away after doing all 4 tires. Armor-All doesn't wash out and you don't want it getting in your washing machine anyways.

Call me crazy, but I like the "au natural" look. I just scrub the tires down when washing the car. Plus I don't like how all that crap is slung around when driving, even if you let it sit over night.

My wife on the other hand always asks me "why don't you make the tires shiny"?

Dan

i have used almost everything I can think of over the years, and NOTHING compares to Tuf Shine. This is not even similar to anything else. It dries and still keeps a shine, but will not rub off, at all. It looks wet, but is competely dry.

The only downside it the prep work. All previous coatings, etc... have to be completely cleaned off, so purchase the kit that includes the cleaner.

BUT, I do one application per year for my weekend warrior, and it lasts all summer.

Nothing get on the car cover, either.

www.tufshine.com

One thing you can try if you're not already doing it is to clean your tires with a brush.

A lot of new clients of mine usually have a large build-up of grease, and grime on their tires making it quite a job to clean.

That dirt will prevent your tires from taking any kind of tire dressing well and will essentially cause the dressing to "sit" on top of all that dirt and that's why it will wash away quickly.

Call me crazy, but I like the "au natural" look. I just scrub the tires down when washing the car. Plus I don't like how all that crap is slung around when driving, even if you let it sit over night.

That's why I like my method... Leaves the tires clean and conditioned with no residue to sling and no shine.

I've been searching for the best Tire Dressing on the market and just wanted to see other opinions.

I'm currently using Meguries Hot Shine - Tire Spray since it goes on like an aerosol and stays on the tires really well. Only drawback that I can see is that it smears on my aluminum wheels and paint and is sometimes hard to get the overspray off. They also make Hot Shine Foam that I use on my other vehicles and stays a long time as well but is very messy since the residue drips all over the wheels and would make a bigger mess on my expensive aluminum rims.

I've used various other liguid products including Zaino, Armor All etc. and in my opinion, they all streak off at some point and don't last very long at all.

Try Waterless Car Wash Products: Dri wash n guard - All weather tire & trim treatment. Been using this for years. Is not greasy. Leaves tire dark & natural looking. Does not sling off & get all over sides of vehicle. Also use their Waterless Wash Products.Thx!

For everyday use I've used them all and recently switched to Adams Polish Vinyl and Rubber Dressing. great product. Not that crazy ricer glare.

For car shows and that old school look, I clean the tire well then scrub it down with JetA fuel or kerosene. When finished it gives a very natural rubber sheen and looks great.

Black Magic Tire Wet. Its the best of the readily available ones. I had been using Meguiars products but I was never happy with the outcome and I had alot of over spray on my car. By accident I picked up the Tire Wet bottle out of my bucket and have been real happy with it.

Shane

Archived