TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Happy Birthday, Blip!!

V-8 Vixen

Thanks everyone! Birthday was great , but the day after was not so good. Just got back from the hospital earlier today.

Had a heavy cast iron pot fall on my foot yesterday, crushing two toes. :banghead: Doc said both are "open facture" type injuries and must be careful about infection in my foot. Unfortunately, this is on my partially paralized foot--nerve damage from a back injury while on active duty years ago .

The edge of the pot landed right on the toe nail bed area of toes 3 and 4, so there was a good bit of bleeding adding to the infection issue. Really bad thing is that I probably won't be able to attend my older son's high school graduation on Tuesday. Got to limit my walking for a week or so and stuck wearing a soft shoe cast for a few more weeks. : :redcard:

At least I got some good meds to help with the pain, but I'm not feeling that much due to the prior nerve damage. Good thing the Link-mobile has an auto trany.

That Sucks!!!! Best wishes for a speedy recovery

BTW everyone is totally blown away bt the toon;

Get well soon

Doc Scott

PS Wheelchair/go watch the kid graduate

+1 all our best wishes and thoughts Blip.

David

Big owie! Just READING your description makes MY toes hurt! You poor thing! That's not a very good birthday present, is it? I hope you get better soon! :petting:

That Sucks!!!! Best wishes for a speedy recovery

BTW everyone is totally blown away bt the toon;

Get well soon

Doc Scott

PS Wheelchair/go watch the kid graduate

I agree with Doc. Wheelchair is the way to go if at all possible. Or, maybe they will stream it online? More and more schools doing that......at any rate, praying for your quick recovery Blip! Hope you feel better soon!

Evan

Thanks!!! :D

I made it to his graduation last night after spending the morning back at the hospital. Got a crutch and much better soft shoe cast so I could

get around a little easier and better protect the toes in a crowd.

Got another follow-up appointment next Monday--just hoping this "ouchie" won't cause me to delay the move at the end of the month.

Should get a better estimate on the recovery time at the next visit.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the lastest--our stuff was packed up last night and will be trucked away on Monday, so the move to the Missouri farm has "officially" started.

However, my good PC has also been packed so all I have to use is a dumb, web-surfing laptop that does not always allow me to connect with my email account.

(Also, all my digital art programs and files on on the PC so no new CAR-toons from me for a bit.)

My son and I should be on the road by the 4th (toes are healing well and should not be a problem for the drive) so won't have good internet connection until the middle of July after we get a DSL line installed on the farm.

My sister-in-law had a very, very fun 2 day drive taking "Link" to the farm. (She lives on the farm next to ours),

I think she and my niece will have stories to tell for the next year.

I'll try to check in here as possible, but probably won't be around that much.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, have been here for a week and finally getting settled into a "normal' routine. Link had to spend some time with new friends in the shed

until we moved a "few" boxes around in the shop area to make parking space.

Life is great here expect the rain just won't stop. Had about 3 inches of rain in the frist 24 hours

we were here. And it seems like it rained about every other day since.

Here's a few photos. I hope to be around the forum on a bit more regular basis now.

Looks like I've got some threads to read.

LinkShed.jpg

Thanks David--there still so much going on here, just haven't gotten into a routine for web surfing time yet.

Worked on fixing the floating dock for our little lake this morning.

Must make time to get our vehicles inspected so I can transfer title and tag to Missouri.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Blip! Good to hear your move went well and that you are getting settled. Happy belated birthday as well! I've not been on the forum much this summer either, thus the late posting on my part....

Archived