TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 GT500 dyno

Tom@ARH

Took my GT500 to Vette Dr's(our dyno guy's) so we could get a baseline on it before we start modding. The car had about 400 miles on it at the time. I have a video I will add after I download it from the camera. Sorry about the size I thought I shrunk it.

zvy1pz.jpg

Took my GT500 to Vette Dr's(our dyno guy's) so we could get a baseline on it before we start modding. The car had about 400 miles on it at the time. I have a video I will add after I download it from the camera. Sorry about the size I thought I shrunk it.

This is great! Thanks for sharing.

I think the only other figures we had to date were from Tasca and guys were still trying to makes heads/tails out of what they really meant.

Nice, I really would like to see some dyno numbers...............

Assuming 15% loss to drivetrain .......your would calculate at 560hp, some would argue drivetrain loss at 20%, I am not an expert so some experienced people will input soon.

As for the Tasca car, it calculated at 580hp using the same formula......................that is a whole lot of fun.

Tom, nice numbers. Love to see the numbers with ARH headers. I was out at ARH last Saturday with my 2010 GT500. Nick and I go way back to the old days in Brooklyn,NY. Built 2 Olds 442's in his old shop.

Nice shop and operation, got to see the new 5.0 Mustang GT you guys were using for new ARH headers and that wild Challenger with the Nascar motor.

Eric

zvy1pz.jpg

Those are nice #'s but I was expecting higher for the 011's...Heck some of the first 07's were dynoing anywhere from

430 rwhp to 490 rwhp stock...Alot were right around that 470 ish rwhp.... :shrug:

Same or slightly lower than most 2010's I've seen, but that could be chalked up to weather conditions and dyno variations.

Don't hold your breath if you're expecting magic by Ford claiming 10 HP.

No way it will be worse or the same stock due to the header/H-pipe change alone.

10 HP is perfectly realistic and probably slightly understated.

No way it will be worse or the same stock due to the header/H-pipe change alone.

10 HP is perfectly realistic and probably slightly understated.

I was not implying there was not a 10 HP gain, I was simply saying dont expect it to easily show itself on the dyno charts.

I was not implying there was not a 10 HP gain, I was simply saying dont expect it to easily show itself on the dyno charts.

Agreed. Don't forget that's 10 crank hp. That much could be lost or gained with climate variations.

"Dynomite" fudges +60 RWHP to make you feel good???????? :hysterical:

I'm being serious. I'd like to know if this dyno reads lower or higher then a typical Dynojet? Can it be manipulated like a Mustang dyno by modifying the roller weight?

So it appears the 2011 hp is pretty much identical to the 2010s. About 10hp more.

I thought Ford was under rating at 550 but it does not look like it.

Well, I mean, the 540 hp 2010 was underrated and so is the 2011 at 550 but I really thought you would see way more than 10rwhp gain from 2010 to 2011

So it appears the 2011 hp is pretty much identical to the 2010s. About 10hp more.

I thought Ford was under rating at 550 but it does not look like it.

Well, I mean, the 540 hp 2010 was underrated and so is the 2011 at 550 but I really thought you would see way more than 10rwhp gain from 2010 to 2011

Think about it...you're running the same blower with same boost, no variable timing. The gains from the slightly larger exhaust are probably negated by the H pipe, which makes about 5-10hp less than an X. You can't expect TVS or twin screw numbers from basically the same set-up.

There were no true legit 07s that made 470rwhp

Go back and search when people were posting their Dyno #'s...Alot were puting out the same #'s stock as the new ones

are...No way were they Dynoing 420's rwhp...So the 50 hp jump from 07 to 011 is more advertizing than anything else IMO.

Go back and search when people were posting their Dyno #'s...Alot were puting out the same #'s stock as the new ones

are...No way were they Dynoing 420's rwhp...So the 50 hp jump from 07 to 011 is more advertizing than anything else IMO.

not true at all

The 2010 came with the cold air intake which the 07-09 did not.

I know it makes a difference.

Mine dynoed stock 448rwhp

With the Ford Racing cold air and Ford tune which the 2010 has, it dynoed 483rwhp

So in conclusion, all 07-09 put if roughly the same power around 440rwhp while the 2010s put out closer to 480rwhp.

Having driven my 2011 for almost 600 miles I can absolutely say the computer holds the car back until 500 miles then gives it full power. The dealer told me this and I was skeptical. Once I hit 500 miles it turned into a different car. The power hits way harder now. Felt soft before. My wife could feel the difference on the same drive (started below 500 and ended up over). I want to see some numbers of cars over 500 miles, they will definitely be different. Feels a lot more like my pullied and ported 03 Cobra did.

Mike

2011 Kona Blue with silver strips.

Having driven my 2011 for almost 600 miles I can absolutely say the computer holds the car back until 500 miles then gives it full power. The dealer told me this and I was skeptical. Once I hit 500 miles it turned into a different car. The power hits way harder now. Felt soft before. My wife could feel the difference on the same drive (started below 500 and ended up over). I want to see some numbers of cars over 500 miles, they will definitely be different. Feels a lot more like my pullied and ported 03 Cobra did.

Mike

I feel so much better after hearing this. My 11 is ok but my 4.10 geared '07 GT with 432rwhp feels like it would leave the GT500 behind from a roll. I was about to schedule a local dyno appointment just to diagnose.

Now I just have to drive all over..... Cool.

not true at all

The 2010 came with the cold air intake which the 07-09 did not.

I know it makes a difference.

Mine dynoed stock 448rwhp

With the Ford Racing cold air and Ford tune which the 2010 has, it dynoed 483rwhp

So in conclusion, all 07-09 put if roughly the same power around 440rwhp while the 2010s put out closer to 480rwhp.

You just made my point Chuck...you said the 10 made made 483 rwhp with cold air and tune...The 07-09 didn't

have the cold air and tune and yours still put out 448 rwhp and I know some that put out more than that without

the cold air and tune...I never baselined mine but it puts out 564rwhp with EVO's 2.6 pully cold air and EVO's tune

and FRPP's cat back thats it...I don't think I gained more than 100 rwhp so that would put my 07 in the 460 ish

stock.

Nice to hear Mike. It's funny when I test drove my 2010 I felt it was weak for the hp advertised and said something to my dad and the salesman (he didn't know about the break in). My dad said I was being a wuss...Fortunately before I left and went to buy another type of car I read the manual and saw about the break in period with restricted power (whew). Now if you haven't tried driving (*Only in dry weather) with Traction Control off, try it and see the real monster come alive! Be safe.

Those are nice #'s but I was expecting higher for the 011's...Heck some of the first 07's were dynoing anywhere from

430 rwhp to 490 rwhp stock...Alot were right around that 470 ish rwhp.... :shrug:

Been real active on this forum esp when I first got my 07 GT500 in Dec of 2006.

I heard alot of 430ish to 450ish rwhp .... and a few freakish in the 460's but didnt hear anything about a 07 or a 08 dynoing bone stock in the 490 range.

Mike

Divide your 500 by 100 and I think you'll be more on target. I think you were just babying it for 500 miles and when you finally let loose it lit up. The computer only hold back power for the first 5 miles. If Ford changed this for the 2011 then I stand corrected, but I highly doubt it.

"Alternate Calibration" as described in the Shelby GT500 owners manual supplement that came with my 2011.

"Your Shelby GT500 power train control module (PCM) strategy contains a feature to limit supercharger boost pressure and engine speed to 4000 rpm for the first five consecutive miles of vehicle operation or 50 engine start/warm up cycles. This feature is enabled prior to shipment. If neither of these conditions have been satisfied prior to customer delivery, full power will not be available."

So, if you drive less than 5 miles each time you start it up, it could be while before the supercharger and full rpm are enabled. On the other hand, if it takes you 50 start/warm cycles to get a 5 mile drive in on a new GT500, Ford should probably take the car back and give it to a more deserving owner.

Archived