TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Memorial Day Tribute!

:salute: After all the bad press over a few teachers who stepped out of line teaching songs to our children, this one is one you will be so proud to hear.

I hope this sweeps our country and gets sung in all our schools. The music teacher wrote the song and had all the third graders sing. Enjoy -- great message.

From the third graders of Tussing Elementary, Colonial Heights, Virginia.

Click your mouse here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=5pfBUUZNbFM

Thank you from the core of my heart to all the men and women who have served our great nation past present and future,

especially those and their families whom have made the ultimate sacrifice.

We owe you all so much, and you all deserve our respect and praise for all you do.

We honor you today And always!

:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:

Please Attend a parade this weekend if at all possible, your presence means so much to those who march to honor their comrades in arms! Please!

:salute::salute::salute:

My flag fly's day and night (light on). I honor the men and women who have served and are serving. And to those who gave it all - there are no words to express my gratitude... To this day, I can not go a Memorial Day Parade; for those that can - Thank You!

Doc :salute:

I don't have a light, so I put my flag out every morning and as it unfurls I pray that God watches over our Heroes for one more day.

At the end of the day it comes down with a short prayer to keep them safe through the night.

When the flag starts to get tattered or faded, it gets folded properly and is taken to the local VFW hall where it will be disposed of properly. I also get to buy a round of drinks, shake some hands in thanks and listen to a few stories while I'm there. The VFW, a flag and a Shelby...just a nice afternoon.

I wish more people would keep our young men and women in their hearts every day and not just on a couple of holidays.

John

Archived