TEAM SHELBY FORUM

side air scoops

et10sec

question, getting ready to paint the side of of hertz car, the side air scoops, are they installed with two face tape or bolts, also the scoops on the hood, there is 3 revets, is that waht holds them on or is that tape. thanks ed z #297

question, getting ready to paint the side of of hertz car, the side air scoops, are they installed with two face tape or bolts, also the scoops on the hood, there is 3 revets, is that waht holds them on or is that tape. thanks ed z #297

i don't know about the side scoops, but the hood is reveted as well i believe with two face tape.

Neighbor... The OEM side scoops are held in place by plastic push pins and 3M automotive tape. Not sure about the hood scoop, but on my 07 GT the hood scoop was attached with bolts and 3M tape. If you pull the insulation back from under the hood you will be able to see how it's attached... Actually, you may not even have to pull the insulation back... the hardware may be visual... it was on mine...

Neighbor... The OEM side scoops are held in place by plastic push pins and 3M automotive tape. Not sure about the hood scoop, but on my 07 GT the hood scoop was attached with bolts and 3M tape. If you pull the insulation back from under the hood you will be able to see how it's attached... Actually, you may not even have to pull the insulation back... the hardware may be visual... it was on mine...

thank you, with the plastic push pins, how would you get them off with out brakeing the pins? thanks neighbor

thank you, with the plastic push pins, how would you get them off with out brakeing the pins? thanks neighbor

They are the ribbed pins... you shouldn't have any problems removing them. I believe that there are only two per panel that are located near the top and bottom. I would suggect using fishing line... 10-20lbs, to cut through the tape, then just pull...

They are the ribbed pins... you shouldn't have any problems removing them. I believe that there are only two per panel that are located near the top and bottom. I would suggect using fishing line... 10-20lbs, to cut through the tape, then just pull...

thanks . steeltownstang, i will see you at a cruise this summer. #297 hertz ed zeliesko

thanks . steeltownstang, i will see you at a cruise this summer. #297 hertz ed zeliesko

Just wondering if it's a Hertz GT-H it should not have a hood scoop. Those are specifice to the Shelby GT

:huh:

Just wondering if it's a Hertz GT-H it should not have a hood scoop. Those are specifice to the Shelby GT

no hood scoop, there is a riveted air induction vent, is the rivets show, or do they hold the induction piece on

:huh:

Archived