TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Talk About Your S-GT

ShelbyPilot

Dude, any indication of when your car will be done???? I gotta, gotta, gotta, GOT TO KNOW how the SC'd car performs. I might be as excited as you are about this car!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I suspect that you will be able to bend light with it, but it's just a theory for now! :beerchug: :burnout:

Hmm... :reading:

Might have to test that bend light theory when I get the car....

I'm guessing I won't be getting mine until mid-April or early May. So Socaljafo will have to show us how it is done...with lots of pictures!!!

:hyper:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm... :reading:

Might have to test that bend light theory when I get the car....

I'm guessing I won't be getting mine until mid-April or early May. So Socaljafo will have to show us how it is done...with lots of pictures!!!

:hyper:

Patience of a saint-- that's you. Don't let the PSDS get to you! The weather will be nicer then anyway.

I now have advanced PPSDS (Pre-PSDS). I figure I'll really lose my mind when I actually order one... :confused::runaway:

a bit of an update:

The polished superchargers are suppose to be in this week. The rest of the parts I am having installed at SAI are in stock. I don't expect my wheels until April. The mod shop guy at SAI has posted a menu of parts available with installed prices over at Shelby's site.

Patience of a saint-- that's you. Don't let the PSDS get to you! The weather will be nicer then anyway.

I now have advanced PPSDS (Pre-PSDS). I figure I'll really lose my mind when I actually order one... :confused::runaway:

Actually the weather is great here now...will be warmer later, especially in a black car. I can wait though for this car...I have waited this long already. I would rather have it the way I wanted it the first time and like Socaljafo I will have to wait on the wheels as well. Now I have to write down my mods list again....for theraputic reasons.

:stats:

......OK, John W. from SAI posted the superchargers will be in Tuesday. I hope he hasn't lost my phone number.

socaljafo,

Hi to another s/c modifer. Are you taking your tires and wheels to shelby and having them install them over the new brakes or purchasing the brakes and having them installed by others. John's posting last night was quite disapointing on the wheels. :rant: We want silver or chrome. It was nice to hear about the S/C though. Our car has been done since early Jan. Three car payments and having to carry comp and collsion for loan. May seems a long way off. PSDS is killing us!! :cry: Did you get your CSM# from John?

Thanks, Dave

...Hola, Dave. I know what you mean about paying and PSDS. My second payment bill came today.

I am hauling the brakes home in the trunk. I don't expect my wheels until the middle of April and I am hoping with the S/C arriving Tuesday that I will have my car by April 6. Even if the wheels came on time, I am flying to Vegas to drive home. I will probably have Hillbank Motorsports in Irvine install the brakes. They are an authorized Shelby Dealer and have the brake packages in their inventory.

CSM number what is that???? just kidding. No John won't tell me. It is kind of all right it will make the Museum delivery have even a bit more suspense.

:ninja: hey crispy,you might want to go over to the shelby site and read why amys not been posting :drop: the new york auto show has been keeping them busy hmmmmmmmmm. Could it be the GT-350???? Or could it be the GT-500KR or Hertz convert. Somethings going onhttp://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=824, post#36, from Amy, (Motor Trend topic). I think the car you're looking for may be coming down the pike :headspin: . Patience my friend.

Dave

:ninja: hey crispy,you might want to go over to the shelby site and read why amys not been posting :drop: the new york auto show has been keeping them busy hmmmmmmmmm. Could it be the GT-350???? Or could it be the GT-500KR or Hertz convert. Somethings going onhttp://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=824, post#36, from Amy, (Motor Trend topic). I think the car you're looking for may be coming down the pike :headspin: . Patience my friend.

Dave

Oh man now you have done it!!!! I was holding out so he didn't spin up again so soon......

:bike: :elefant: :spiteful:

Dave

Thank you sir! I scoped it out, anxiously. No new news there! Appreciate the support. ;)

Oh man now you have done it!!!! I was holding out so he didn't spin up again so soon......

Ha! You know me too well!!!!! :hysterical:

:rolleyes:

:closedeyes:

:devil: Commencing spool-up........ :hyper: :hyper: :headspin: :hyper: :hyper: :headspin::drop:

I just received the accessories I ordered from SAI. I am very happy with everything. I hope the trim on the shift boot stays on because there is a little gap underneath and it is sticking to the leather or vinyl of the boot. Here are some pictures of everything installed.

Art

post-7719-1175055954_thumb.jpg

post-7719-1175056005_thumb.jpg

post-7719-1175056080_thumb.jpg

post-7719-1175055954_thumb.jpg

post-7719-1175056005_thumb.jpg

post-7719-1175056080_thumb.jpg

I take it your car doesn't have the active anti-theft, or did you modify the map light trim? Is the shift boot trim the $20 or the $80 version? Thanks,

Dave

No I don't have the anti theft. I am still not too sure about the map light trim adhesive. It seemed like it wasn't sticking well. I assume it can be returned if it doesn't stay on well. The shift trim is the $20 version. I like the way it looks and thought the other one looked too bulky.

Art

Anyone buy the gauge cluster kit? The GT-H convert had it on its dash at the Barrett-Jackson auction last Saturday so they are available. I'd like to know if instructions and all the needed parts (tubing, wirres, fittings, etc.) are in the kit and if anyone has installed one yet.

Anyone buy the gauge cluster kit? The GT-H convert had it on its dash at the Barrett-Jackson auction last Saturday so they are available. I'd like to know if instructions and all the needed parts (tubing, wirres, fittings, etc.) are in the kit and if anyone has installed one yet.

No but it is on my list of mods that will be going on my car. I like to make sure I can monitor as much as I can on my car.

:stats:

Hello guys. You have a Tennessee Shelby on the board now. I picked up my car from Steve Williams Ford in Lawrenceburg TN. Friday morning, 4/6/07.

Premium GT

IUP

Wheel locks

Sirius

Shaker 1000

I have ordered some trim pieces from SAI but plan on keeping it mechanically stock for a while.

I had iniatially planned to get the GT500 but after being screwed by a greedy dealer and being disgusted with the ADMs I had all but given up on the search. Then I heard about the Shelby GTs and started looking in to them. When I discovered that the GTs were actually tuned by SAI I decided this was the car for me. I already had a Mustang Cobra so why would I need the GT500. After all it's just a Cobra that Ford slaps the Shelby badges on. The 500s are beautiful, powerful cars, but to me sitting behind the wheel of a car that actually came from SAI and knowing the history of the cars that have passed through Mr. Shelbys shop makes me feel like I am driving a piece of racing history. I don't know if I would feel like that in a 500. I know my Cobra sure doesn't evoke those emotions.

OK, enough of my rambling. I'm just glad I have a Shelby in the garage!

Hello guys. You have a Tennessee Shelby on the board now. I picked up my car from Steve Williams Ford in Lawrenceburg TN. Friday morning, 4/6/07.

Premium GT

IUP

Wheel locks

Sirius

Shaker 1000

I have ordered some trim pieces from SAI but plan on keeping it mechanically stock for a while.

I had iniatially planned to get the GT500 but after being screwed by a greedy dealer and being disgusted with the ADMs I had all but given up on the search. Then I heard about the Shelby GTs and started looking in to them. When I discovered that the GTs were actually tuned by SAI I decided this was the car for me. I already had a Mustang Cobra so why would I need the GT500. After all it's just a Cobra that Ford slaps the Shelby badges on. The 500s are beautiful, powerful cars, but to me sitting behind the wheel of a car that actually came from SAI and knowing the history of the cars that have passed through Mr. Shelbys shop makes me feel like I am driving a piece of racing history. I don't know if I would feel like that in a 500. I know my Cobra sure doesn't evoke those emotions.

OK, enough of my rambling. I'm just glad I have a Shelby in the garage!

Oh $h!t...another "touched by the hand" preacher. :finger:

:(

Well, I promised an update and it isn't good. The mod shop at SAI is opening for a few cars this week with small items (spoiler, squentials). However, I am now waiting for the instrument cluster housing. They have the gauges but not the housing. I know I just need to be paitent and hang in there but my anticipation excitment is gone and now I am discouraged and frustrated. I was supposed to have the car by next week for the Knott's show. There is still a chance but I am doubtful.

Oh $h!t...another "touched by the hand" preacher. :finger:

I'm not preaching. I 'm just stating my opinion. I've dreamed of a Shelby for 20 years and now I have one. Besides, it looks like you have a SGT also. There must be something to them.

:(

Well, I promised an update and it isn't good. The mod shop at SAI is opening for a few cars this week with small items (spoiler, squentials). However, I am now waiting for the instrument cluster housing. They have the gauges but not the housing. I know I just need to be paitent and hang in there but my anticipation excitment is gone and now I am discouraged and frustrated. I was supposed to have the car by next week for the Knott's show. There is still a chance but I am doubtful.

Chris

Brother in waiting, hang in there! All the waiting will soon be over and you will have a custom Shelby personally built for you! Keep the faith! My prescription is to go rent a GT-H for a day or two! It worked for me...

Chris

Brother in waiting, hang in there! All the waiting will soon be over and you will have a custom Shelby personally built for you! Keep the faith! My prescription is to go rent a GT-H for a day or two! It worked for me...

Poor guy. It's tradgic I tell you, just tradgic. Amy and John snapped this picture of Jafo early one morning outside of SAI when they were going into work. They said that "PSDS, PSDS", was all he was mumbling.....

post-4213-1176157867_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1176157867_thumb.jpg

I'm not preaching. I 'm just stating my opinion. I've dreamed of a Shelby for 20 years and now I have one. Besides, it looks like you have a SGT also. There must be something to them.

Nothing personal, just tired of the talk about the GT 500 not being authentic. Yes I have both and both are great vehicles. I thought I shared your opinion at first on the SGT. While it is great and has it's wonderful points, it is nowhere near the beast that the 500 is. Once again, both great cars with their own traits. But I don't think one is better or more "authentic" than the other. IMO

• 2 weeks later...

Time for an update and there is light at the end of the 3 month tunnel. My car is in the Mod shop at SAI. I received an email from John at SAI today stating so. The only negative, is he said to call to arrange payment. I was hoping to slide on that. Oh well. Son of GT visited SAI last week and was able to take a photo of a few cars in the Mod Shop. Thanks Son of GT. I was going to post it but in I screwed up in the process to make it fit the 2MB.

I know a couple of cars with minor alterations (driving lights, sequentials, grill) have been completed and one supercharged car has been completed. That car arrived at SAI the week before mine and they didn't get the hood, instrument cluster and brakes. It is looking better. Maybe, I'll have the car before my third payment.

Stay tuned.......

...I'm getting closer to my obsession. I paid for my SAI mods today: CS hood, supercharger, instrument cluster, driving lights, lower grill, brake ducts, engine dress up kit, and brake package. I am expecting a call this Monday to schedule the Museum Delivery.

PSDS in overdrive. :shift:

Archived