TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Talk About Your S-GT

ShelbyPilot

I want to talk about our Shelby GTs. What color, trim, options? Are you doing the museum delivery? Are you getting options from SAI? What do you have planned for your S-GT when you get home? How are you going to play with your car? In short let us just be car people again and talk about each others cars. Sure, we can have opinions and offer suggestions but be cool about it and enjoy our cars. Maybe this will help with our PSDS. Obviously, I'll go first:

My Black S-GT is in the premium trim with dark charcoal interior upgrade and the charcoal dash. I ordered the car with the Shaker 500, Sirius, Active Anti theft and wheel locks. Mine is at SAI now. My salesperson and I called SAI to flag the car for museum delivery and have discussed upgrades.

These are the SAI opions I am sure of: polished supercharger with the instrument cluster, Shelby/Baer brake package, CS (GT-H) hood, aesthetic engine kit, sequential rear lights, rear light trim, console arm cover.

I am still thinking about wheels. I like the razors but I am going to verify with SAI that you have to get 20" Razors with the brake package. I would prefer a smaller wheel. I prefer the look of an 18" wheel as well as the weight difference. We will see. The only other part I am not sure about is the brake duct kit. I like the way the lower grill looks but I am not going to be doing alot of track days or autocross. The brake ducts may become a victim of my budget.

After I drive it home Route 66 from Vegas I will get the windows tinted and Lojack added. I plan to drive my S-GT on my days off and do a few select local shows. I pretty sure I am going to participate with a Shelby Auto Club.

So, tell the group about your car.......

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine is going to come from Shelby very much like yours...Black, Manual with Dark Charcoal Interior and Interior Upgrade Package. I also went with the Shaker 500, Sirius and the locking wheels.

I debated about getting the Navigation--but in the end I decided that I'd rather spend that money on performance upgrades.

Only thing I am adding from the Shelby factory for now is the Lower Grill Insert to match the top. I would love to do the pickup in Las Vegas--but my job is such that I have to work 65-85 hour weeks between now and the end of May, and can't take the time off to go pick up my car right now. I hope to take my car back out there in late summer and hopefully have them add the Polished Supercharger and the center gauge cluster at that time.

I am probably going to leave the wheels and tires like they are. I was originally not a fan of the Black wheels and was thinking of switching them out, but they have really grown on my and will probably keep them.

I am considering taking off the LeMans stripes. I think it would make for a real "sleeper" look without the over the top stripes--I'll probably keep them for a month or so and see what I think.

This will be my daily driver (I live in Austin, TX so snow and ice are not an issue) except for when I have to load the family in my wife's 2007 Tahoe. I also plan on taking it to some informal car shows on the weekends whenever I can.

Ok, this isn't helping my PSDS--I am counting the hours....

Mine is going to come from Shelby very much like yours...Black, Manual with Dark Charcoal Interior and Interior Upgrade Package. I also went with the Shaker 500, Sirius and the locking wheels.

I debated about getting the Navigation--but in the end I decided that I'd rather spend that money on performance upgrades.

Only thing I am adding from the Shelby factory for now is the Lower Grill Insert to match the top. I would love to do the pickup in Las Vegas--but my job is such that I have to work 65-85 hour weeks between now and the end of May, and can't take the time off to go pick up my car right now. I hope to take my car back out there in late summer and hopefully have them add the Polished Supercharger and the center gauge cluster at that time.

I am probably going to leave the wheels and tires like they are. I was originally not a fan of the Black wheels and was thinking of switching them out, but they have really grown on my and will probably keep them.

I am considering taking off the LeMans stripes. I think it would make for a real "sleeper" look without the over the top stripes--I'll probably keep them for a month or so and see what I think.

This will be my daily driver (I live in Austin, TX so snow and ice are not an issue) except for when I have to load the family in my wife's 2007 Tahoe. I also plan on taking it to some informal car shows on the weekends whenever I can.

Ok, this isn't helping my PSDS--I am counting the hours....

Just ordered mine on thurs after visiting the dealer at least 5 times, for MSRP.

Performance white with charcoal interior,interior upgrade, active anti-theft, wheel locking kit, sirius radio and 5sped. I plan on having the following upgrades when the car reaches LV. CS6 hood, Upper Grill insert with driving lights. ,sequential taillights.and console arm rest cover.That's it for now I want to keep the car as pure as possible, howeve more may come later. :happy feet:

I want to talk about our Shelby GTs. What color, trim, options? Are you doing the museum delivery? Are you getting options from SAI? What do you have planned for your S-GT when you get home? How are you going to play with your car? In short let us just be car people again and talk about each others cars. Sure, we can have opinions and offer suggestions but be cool about it and enjoy our cars. Maybe this will help with our PSDS. Obviously, I'll go first:

My Black S-GT is in the premium trim with dark charcoal interior upgrade and the charcoal dash. I ordered the car with the Shaker 500, Sirius, Active Anti theft and wheel locks. Mine is at SAI now. My salesperson and I called SAI to flag the car for museum delivery and have discussed upgrades.

These are the SAI opions I am sure of: polished supercharger with the instrument cluster, Shelby/Baer brake package, CS (GT-H) hood, aesthetic engine kit, sequential rear lights, rear light trim, console arm cover.

I am still thinking about wheels. I like the razors but I am going to verify with SAI that you have to get 20" Razors with the brake package. I would prefer a smaller wheel. I prefer the look of an 18" wheel as well as the weight difference. We will see. The only other part I am not sure about is the brake duct kit. I like the way the lower grill looks but I am not going to be doing alot of track days or autocross. The brake ducts may become a victim of my budget.

After I drive it home Route 66 from Vegas I will get the windows tinted and Lojack added. I plan to drive my S-GT on my days off and do a few select local shows. I pretty sure I am going to participate with a Shelby Auto Club.

So, tell the group about your car.......

Here is the long version(sorry) of the history of our s-gt. It began with my wife wanting a new Mustang, I wanted something more high perf.(mind you I have always been a GM guy,have long history of muscle cars in family, own 1970 442). This is our first Ford. So I started following the developement of GT-500. We were not aware the demand would be so great and found ourselves to far down the list of any MSRP deals and refused to pay ADM's.

Then we heard rumors of 2 additional Shelby cars to be released in the future. So we waited. Got an e-mail from a Ford dealer that linked us to a Ford bold moves annoucement of the Shelby-gt. Immediately wife was exicited about this car. :hyper: It had Shelby all over this car. She called me at work, so exicited!!!! Told her to start calling dealers and get on a list. We were on 2 lists, num 1 and num 2 at supposed MSRP. Number 1 fell through, number 2 came through and called Nov. 17, to say the car was ours to order if we wanted it at MSRP. Wife ordered premium GT, manual, black with IUP, black leather, active anti-theft, shaker 500 and wheel locks. Price came in at 30,525. Told dealer that price was wrong, it should be around 35-36K. (Not too many times a customer will tell a car dealer that the price was too low!!) Immediately established good rapport with dealer, we did everything over the phone and through the mail. Wonderful people to work with. Never questioned are knowledge of the car, or do you have enough money. They handled all the faxing to shelby and went the extra mile for us. Wife was willing to accept car as built, but that would be too easy. :finger: This was a car that really needed to be one of a kind/mac-daddied.

Got VIN# in early Dec. Car arrived at SAI between Christmas and New Years. Checked into mod's found out via John that are car was the first to be modified. Our mod's include polished s/c, gauges, brake upgrade, 20" silver Razors and tires, the CS-6 hood and direct shipment to our home. Items undecided on are the lower grille insert and brake ducts.

We plan to drive the car as often as possible, barring severe with conditions. Plan to take it to shows, maybe join a Mustang/Shelby club. Most importantly, just enjoy the car.

Although anxious to get car, we realize we only have one chance to get the car the way we want it. We really appreciate Amy for all of her postings to keep us informed and her effort to get all of us the options we want. John has been great to work with keeping us informed on info as it becomes available. :redcard: Patience is the key to purchasing this car. You will be rewarded in the end. :banana piano: :banana piano:

Just ordered mine on thurs after visiting the dealer at least 5 times, for MSRP.

Performance white with charcoal interior,interior upgrade, active anti-theft, wheel locking kit, sirius radio and 5sped. I plan on having the following upgrades when the car reaches LV. CS6 hood, Upper Grill insert with driving lights. ,sequential taillights.and console arm rest cover.That's it for now I want to keep the car as pure as possible, howeve more may come later. :happy feet:

Congrats Carrera...nice to have you here

Dang Mike, you are the most radical I have heard, very cool. About how much does the forged internals cost? Obviously performance is a benifit but what other benefits and negatives?

I don't know as much about it as USAFMike...but I believe forged internals basically allow you to run higher boost on your supercharger with less fear of the engine blowing apart. The Terminator Cobra engines came with them stock, which is one reason why you've seen such high HP numbers from folks adding aftermarket S/Cs or just turning up the boost.

I guess the only negatives would be price and probably a slight weight gain.

superchargers do not void warranty work. only if the supercharge caused whatever problem. if you work w/ a good service department these issues can be avoided. I like the twin screws much better for a street car rather than the blowers that need higher RPM's to do their stuff.

I seriously don't know much, the forged internals are for the reasons Wb stated. It prolly would be a better idea to get them FIRST, but w/ a good tune you can stay at around 450 RWhp. A bad tune can cause ya to blow at 400. I'm still looking into the costs..the forged part of the plan may be more like a 1-5 yr plan LOL. all depends.

White/Charcoal.

Automatic (GRRRRR, I want a 5-speed, but I HAVE to get an Automatic).

Shakey 500.

Navagation.

18G interior with 67D dash panel.

Hood, Hood-pin modified radiator cover, hood pins.

S H E L B Y grille with lights.

Front bumper facia and lower grille.

Rear spoiler.

Brake upgrade.

Arm rest pad.

Blower gage pod.

Floor mats.

Billet shifter boot frame if it fits around the F'in automatic trans gear slector.

Sequencial lamps.

20" American racing "40th Anniversary" wheels, NOT the Razors. If SAI does not have them in before sub-production begins, then I will install them later when they are.

The blingy Paxton (twin screw whipple is nicer, but I rather have "factory" OEM equipment installed on the car).

Museum delivery.

A second job.

Son of GT,

Sounds good. Your one of a very few that I have heard order the navigation. You Mentioned the hood, hood pin modified radiator cover and hood pins. The S-GT comes with the hood pins. Are they not included with the CS hood or is it a different mod. About the wheels I talked with SAI yesterday and they are still working with American Racing on what wheels will be availabe. Also, I had the floor mat package on my initial wish list for upgrades I emailed to SAI. I was told the S-GT was coming with some unique floor mats and that I should wait to see them.

Son of GT,

Sounds good. Your one of a very few that I have heard order the navigation. You Mentioned the hood, hood pin modified radiator cover and hood pins. The S-GT comes with the hood pins. Are they not included with the CS hood or is it a different mod. About the wheels I talked with SAI yesterday and they are still working with American Racing on what wheels will be availabe. Also, I had the floor mat package on my initial wish list for upgrades I emailed to SAI. I was told the S-GT was coming with some unique floor mats and that I should wait to see them.

As far as the hood is concerned, according to the parts list, the CS6/GTH hood does not come with hood pins. Hood pins and the hood pin radiator cover are seperate items. Thanks for the information of the floor mats, I guess I'll just wait for the ones coming with the car.

....I understand the CS hood doesn't come with the pins if you are ordering it for a standard Mustang. However, my understanding is they are building the cars to complete S-GTs before any modifications. Therefeore the car will already have the pins and modified radiator cover. I can't see why they wouldn't punch the holes in the CS hood. I will ask though. I kind of don't like the hood pins but would keep them on either hood since that is the way the car is intended....I would ask about the floor mats when you call, don't take my word for anything.

I am anxiously awaiting a Black with charcoal interior, 5-speed, sirius and the interior upgrade package. The car is at SAI. I took a quick trip to Las Vegas yesterday to check out another car I was interested in and decided to stop by SAI for the tour and whatever info I could gather. They are trying to work up to 60 units per day and there are a lot of finished cars awaiting shipping. After looking over the big lot with the security guard keeping a close eye on my fence postion, I drove in back of the factory and took a few shots of the finished product up close. I did see at the big lot that cars with VIN's in the 297000 series were already there waiting for their turn to be converted. Here are some pictures I took of a finished unit. Thanks for getting this forum back to something we can all agree on. We want our car now!!

post-7719-1170230135_thumb.jpg

post-7719-1170230208_thumb.jpg

post-7719-1170230273_thumb.jpg

post-7719-1170230357_thumb.jpg

post-7719-1170230135_thumb.jpg

post-7719-1170230208_thumb.jpg

post-7719-1170230273_thumb.jpg

post-7719-1170230357_thumb.jpg

A few more photos.....

Okay, now please get back over there with your camera and see what you can find out about the next CAI car that's supposed to be announced on February 11th. WE NEED INTELLIGENCE AND WE NEED IT NOW DAMN IT!!!!

Get over there man and do your duty for the rest of us that are dying to know what the hell's coming down the line next!!! Amy says that she's in L.A. right now so the compound is vulnerable and ripe to tap for intelligence. Cut the barbed wire and go under the fence if you have to! :ninja:

Screw the guard, he's probably working for mininum wage and lives in Las Vegas. Sounds like an easy tap for a cash bribe. Turn in an expense report after the mission and we'll all chip in. And don't think we won't audit the receipts for the "Moonlight Bunny Ranch" and "The Chicken Ranch" so don't bother trying to turn those receipts in because that action is on your dime. :bandance:

Of course, if you do get caught :o , we will disavow all knowlege of your actions and you will be on your own. :shrug:

B) B) B)

.....thanks for the pictures. I thought maybe that was my car until I saw the polished dash, j/k......Do you have any pictures of the window stickers upclose. I am curios what the Shelby sticker says.

.....by the way my PSDS just went up a notch.

I didn't see any Shelby sticker on the car.

....OK, I just got back from the dealership and completed the purchase of my car. It was an MSRP deal which came out to $39,110. With Orange County tax (7.75%) and CA title & registration it was $42,525.04. Next step is to finalize my modificaiton list with SAI. I'll keep you all posted.

....OK, I just got back from the dealership and completed the purchase of my car. It was an MSRP deal which came out to $39,110. With Orange County tax (7.75%) and CA title & registration it was $42,525.04. Next step is to finalize my modificaiton list with SAI. I'll keep you all posted.

Just got my vin# today for a production date of Feb12 on a white 5sp with: interior upgrade,active anti-theft,wheel locking kit,sirius radio,and the Shelby package. My MSRP was the exact same as yours. What upgrades are you thinking about. I'm real unsure about the hood and the scoop so I'm considering the GT-H hood and maybe the driving lights and the brake upgrade but I'm also unsure about the required 20in wheels. Has any one seen the stock hood in person and what do you think ?

Carrera,

See post #1, I have listed my wish list. I think I may add the shifter boot trim and I am still thinking about which wheels but that is a little dependent on SAI.

Mike,

I think the floor mats are included also. I am going to ask a person on the other site who picked up their car already.

Odd, when I ordered mine with Navigation the system would not let you enter Shaker 500 with it. They said the two systems are separate and you were unable to get both. I need to talk to my dealer again...

The Shaker 500 is the base model radio for the Mustang and is only radio that is compatible with the Nav head unit. It's the Shaker 1000 that not compatible with Nav.

Archived