TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Talk About Your S-GT

ShelbyPilot

The Shaker 500 is the base model radio for the Mustang and is only radio that is compatible with the Nav head unit. It's the Shaker 1000 that not compatible with Nav.

Ok, that is what I was thinking it was. Well nice to meet another person with the NAV option...you are the only one so far.

I will have to make a listing of my car later as I don't have the time right now. I've been planning for mine for 3 years now, and that started when I saw the first spy shots of the current stang.

:banana piano:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Shaker 500 is the base model radio for the Mustang and is only radio that is compatible with the Nav head unit. It's the Shaker 1000 that not compatible with Nav.

Minor correction. The The Shaker 500 is the base model radio for the Mustang GT premium. Shaker 500 is an option on the deluxe models.

Mike,

I thought floormats came with the car also. A couple of members on another sites cars arrive without floormats. I have questions in two places about it for Amy.

I know they say they are included in the packet that went out to the dealers. see attachment.

From SAI website

http://www.shelbyautos.com/ShelbyGT.asp

Authentic Shelby design cues

.......Inside, features include ‘Shelby GT' logo floor mats and custom sill plates with Shelby GT nomenclature.

These cars better come w/ it as its been advertised by both Shelby and Ford. If not you will probably see some lawsuits.

ShelbyGTInformationPacketEFC1.pdf

ShelbyGTInformationPacketEFC1.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

.....I just ordered my first modification. I ordered a set of the 19" American Racing GT40 wheels. I choose the silver finish with 9.5" for the front and 10" for the rear. They are expected in April. Thank You Evolution Performance for providing a good price and the chance to purchase these wheels. In my opinon they are the best looking wheel out there with Shelby on it.

.....I just ordered my first modification. I ordered a set of the 19" American Racing GT40 wheels. I choose the silver finish with 9.5" for the front and 10" for the rear. They are expected in April. Thank You Evolution Performance for providing a good price and the chance to purchase these wheels. In my opinon they are the best looking wheel out there with Shelby on it.

The GT40's are nice wheels. Do you have a photshop pic of how they will look on the car?

.....no, I tried once with paint brush. I have no need for photo shop. It didn't come out so well. I think the wheel stands out enough by itself. It will look great.

I have a white 5 speed at SAI. Dealer says car should be shipped by end of April. I'm also still undecided about some additional options, namely a s/c for those special moments. LOL! It is very difficult to now wait for car. Will also do Shelby Club and shows. Guess we'll be seeing some of you on the road soon. The weather in the northeast is cold right now, so I'll have to wait for cruising temps. to return.

:hyper:

JAFO, Just courious, why 9.5" for the front?

....I am pretty much going along with the recommendation from Evolution Performance. They know a lot more about the cars then I do and promised me it will fit perfectly and clear the bigger brakes, at least the SVT/Brembos from FRPP. I am going to try for the Shelby/Baer brakes but if not I'll put the FRPP parts on.

They haven't placed the order yet. Do you recommend something else? Why?

....I am pretty much going along with the recommendation from Evolution Performance. They know a lot more about the cars then I do and promised me it will fit perfectly and clear the bigger brakes, at least the SVT/Brembos from FRPP. I am going to try for the Shelby/Baer brakes but if not I'll put the FRPP parts on.

They haven't placed the order yet. Do you recommend something else? Why?

I only asked because it just seemed to me that 9.5 might be too wide for the front even on a 19" wheel. And as far as I know, proper caliper clearance is more driven by overall wheel diameter than it's width. But if Evo Motorsports says that's the way to go, then so be it, who am I to argue?

The only other thing that I would mention is that compaired to 18" or 20" rim, getting tires for a 19" rim will be more limited. Meaning that tire manufacturers don't make a great deal of 19" tires. It's getting better, but still not as many selections as the other sizes.

...I knew about the limited tire sizes. As far as the brakes and fit, my understanding is it is not the diameter that is the problem. The offset on the wheels, be it the bullets or GT500, is the problem. There is a member who has both a GT500 and a Shelby GT in his garage. He tried the bullets on the GT500 and said it wasn't even close to fitting because of the offset. I will check with EVO about the 9.5" in a day or so.

...I knew about the limited tire sizes. As far as the brakes and fit, my understanding is it is not the diameter that is the problem. The offset on the wheels, be it the bullets or GT500, is the problem. There is a member who has both a GT500 and a Shelby GT in his garage. He tried the bullets on the GT500 and said it wasn't even close to fitting because of the offset. I will check with EVO about the 9.5" in a day or so.

So if I'm understanding this right, if we stay with the Shelby stock 18" bullitts then we will be UNABLE to just add a bigger caliper with the stock rotors, huh? or are the rotors bigger in the GT500? The reason I ask is that with the S/C I am concered about having bigger brakes to stop with but may change the calipers only to something like Brembo and then I can stay with the stock wheels.

Ideas?

If the offset is the issue for caliper clearance, then what American Racing told me would make sense. I ordered the 40th wheels for my 500, and they advised me that going with 20x9 in the front, and 20x10 in the rear is the way to go for 20" wheels. The offset will be as it needs to be at 45mm. It not that they said not to go 9.5" wide, they just felt that 9" was more than adquate for the front wheels.

So if I'm understanding this right, if we stay with the Shelby stock 18" bullitts then we will be UNABLE to just add a bigger caliper with the stock rotors, huh? Yes, that's correct.

Are the rotors bigger in the GT500? Yes they are. 14" to be exact.

The reason I ask is that with the S/C I am concered about having bigger brakes to stop with but may change the calipers only to something like Brembo and then I can stay with the stock wheels. If your objective is to have greater stopping power, then both the rotors and calipers should both be replaced, but if you do, you will also need to change your wheels. Ideas?

RIharley,

Yeah that is the case. It sounds idiotic to me that you have to go with bigger and possibly heavier wheels to put on better brakes. However, everyone at SAI says you need to goto 20" wheels with their brakes. I am checking other sources on that. The Baer (Shelby's supplier) site says 17" or bigger but check wheel fitment. Evolution performance told me the 19 X 9.5" would be fine. I am going to double check. I don't mind the 20" they are just a little big and a little more exspensive. FRPP sells the SVT/Brembo package which should fit behind the 18" GT500 wheels. So there must be other 18" wheels that fit also. I really think it is a matter of offset. As I said, a new member has both Shelby's and he actually tried to put the bullets on the GT500. They didn't fit because of the offset.

SonofGT,

I read you ordered 20" X 9" on the front. How about the rear? I am sort of concerned about being too wide on both front and rear.

RIharley,

Yeah that is the case. It sounds idiotic to me that you have to go with bigger and possibly heavier wheels to put on better brakes. However, everyone at SAI says you need to goto 20" wheels with their brakes. I am checking other sources on that. The Baer (Shelby's supplier) site says 17" or bigger but check wheel fitment. Evolution performance told me the 19 X 9.5" would be fine. I am going to double check. I don't mind the 20" they are just a little big and a little more exspensive. FRPP sells the SVT/Brembo package which should fit behind the 18" GT500 wheels. So there must be other 18" wheels that fit also. I really think it is a matter of offset. As I said, a new member has both Shelby's and he actually tried to put the bullets on the GT500. They didn't fit because of the offset.

SonofGT,

I read you ordered 20" X 9" on the front. How about the rear? I am sort of concerned about being too wide on both front and rear.

I'm going with 20X10's in the rear. No problem with that width according to American Racing.

Hey Ya'll Howdy from Texas, just joined this forum..wanted to share that I ordered my 07 Shelby GT today at MSRP. Can I get an Amen on that! any way has anyone had any off the wall feelings after ordering such a increadible CAR. I mean that after walking out of the gen sales managers office I was all excited but started to sweat and was straving to death, had to run down to the old Texas Road House and order a 18oz T-bone to calm the nerves, and of course a tall fat tire to wash it all down. any way ordered Black/light gray int, want to add the Razors and possible S/C. I talked to John at SAI right before ordering the Shelby and ask what numbers were on the Super Charger and he quoted 462hp, no hard numbers or spec sheets as of yet :hyper:

I am satisfied the 9.5" on the front will be fine. I was assured and also found out that the GT500s are on stock 9.5" wide wheels. I may get the steering stop. However, I did change my order to 20".

Jafo,

My friend, if you have changed your order to 20", then please recheck your numbers about going with 9.5" in the front. I believe that 9.5 in the front will be too wide for 20" wheels. The offset changes too.

Here's the specs for the Anniversary 20's that I have on order:

Front wheels: 20x9 with +39MM offset.

Rear wheels: 20X10 with +38MM offset.

These specs came directly from American Racing's custom wheel shop. For what it's worth, SAI comes back with the same specs for the Razor's they will install on the 40th Anniversary upgrade.

Just check. If I'm wrong, terrific. But if I'm right, better to find out now because it would suck to buy wheels that end up being too wide for the car.

......I appreciate the thought but I am trusting Evolution Performance. I have talked to them three times about the size and that I have a Shelby GT not a GT500. I am assured they will fit. If there is a problem then I will have to take it up with them. I am sure they wouldn't advertise and sell the wheels on this site without standing behind them. This site can be very brutal if members feel wronged.

Hey Ya'll Howdy from Texas, just joined this forum..wanted to share that I ordered my 07 Shelby GT today at MSRP. Can I get an Amen on that! any way has anyone had any off the wall feelings after ordering such a increadible CAR. I mean that after walking out of the gen sales managers office I was all excited but started to sweat and was straving to death, had to run down to the old Texas Road House and order a 18oz T-bone to calm the nerves, and of course a tall fat tire to wash it all down. any way ordered Black/light gray int, want to add the Razors and possible S/C. I talked to John at SAI right before ordering the Shelby and ask what numbers were on the Super Charger and he quoted 462hp, no hard numbers or spec sheets as of yet :hyper:

Congrats on the purchase, and welcome to the Stangsunleashed Jungle, Texas !!!

SC: $6,300.00 OTD installed at SAI. Posted HP at SAI website: 475. Going with the SC? May I suggest the brake upgrade too? Go fast. Stop faster. 14" Shelby/Baer's. Upgrade requires new wheels though.

A fun site. Lots of laughs and good information.

......I appreciate the thought but I am trusting Evolution Performance. I have talked to them three times about the size and that I have a Shelby GT not a GT500. I am assured they will fit. If there is a problem then I will have to take it up with them. I am sure they wouldn't advertise and sell the wheels on this site without standing behind them. This site can be very brutal if members feel wronged.

Ah, a SGT. I'm very, very sorry. I thought that we were talking about a 500. Okay, back to our regularly scheduled programing.....

.....I was actually concerned because I am getting a Shelby GT. Isn't the Shelby GT lower than the GT500?

Why, yes it is. You're quite right. But I'm sure that Evolution knows that, right? If not, maybe you should remind them. Good point, that might be a factor.

.....I talked to Evo, All of the GT500s they have in their gallery are on 9.5" wheels. Most of them look as low if not lower than the Shelby GT and there is no problem with fender rub. The extra .5" is for just a bit more rubber and appearance. I am satisfied. Time to worry about something else.......PSDS sucks. :banghead:

http://www.evoperform.com/shelbygallery.htm

.....I talked to Evo, All of the GT500s they have in their gallery are on 9.5" wheels. Most of them look as low if not lower than the Shelby GT and there is no problem with fender rub. The extra .5" is for just a bit more rubber and appearance. I am satisfied. Time to worry about something else.......PSDS sucks. :banghead:

http://www.evoperform.com/shelbygallery.htm

Dude, any indication of when your car will be done???? I gotta, gotta, gotta, GOT TO KNOW how the SC'd car performs. I might be as excited as you are about this car!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I suspect that you will be able to bend light with it, but it's just a theory for now! :beerchug: :burnout:

......last I heard, the superchargers are expected in this week or next. I haven't heard anything to the contrary. After they come in my car is supposed to be one of the first supercharger cars built. I believe they have all the other pieces.

I woun't be pushing too hard at least not until I can have the brakes installed, which requires the wheels to arrive........ugh :banghead:

Archived