TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Post pics of your Fox body!

Evil95GT

I'll start off. Pictured below is our '89 LX convertible. We bought the car on 9/9/02 from an elderly couple. The car had an original and documented 15,300 miles, and of course, no mods. Hell, to make the story even better, we found the previous owners Bel-tone hearing aid in the armrest console, along with a Neil Diamond cassette. Basically, it was a car we only dreamed of, and we never thought we'd find a deal like that (that kind of stuff usually only happens in the Mustang fairy Tales).

While a purist would have kept the car all original, the first thing we did was an AOD-to-T5 swap. The car then received mod after mod. To date, it has the original shortblock (with a Steeda #19 cam), stage 3 ported GT40 iron heads, Typhoon intake, 73mm mass air meter, 24# injectors, 65mm FMS throttle body, BBK ceramic coated shorty headers, off road h pipe, Pro 5.0 shifter, Borla side exhaust (we custom fabbed that), and 3.73 gears outback. I wanna upgrade the wheels (it currently has 4 lug Y2K R wheels with 245/45 up front and 275/40s in the rear) and do a five lug swap in the future.

Over 3 years later, mileage is right at 18,100.

gallery_1248_9_988.jpg

Mine's an 89 hatch with Maximum Motorsports suspension including, torque arm, panhard bar, race-valved Bilsteins, Coilovers, 2000 Cobra R front Brembo calipers w/ two piece rotors, rear Cobra brakes, SN95 5 lug spindles and rear conversion etc. Engine is a 306 with GT40X Aluminium heads, GT40 intake, Fcam,etc. I use it primarily for Open Track events.

060318_0930.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm new, but here is my Fox. It was and 5.0 Mustangs and Super Fords Editor's Choice winner at Columbus NMRA show one year, and it was in 5.0 Mustangs and Super Fords Magazine (August 2005 issue) and Mustang Enthusiast Magazine (June 2005 issue):

(Check out my CarDomain for specs)

000_0051.jpg

000_0053.jpg

000_0751.jpg

000_0055.jpg

The engine bay has been updated even more since the pic, also the car sits a little lower now and the interior is a little different. Sorry, the pics are a little old, but they are 95% correct.

My lord, how much hp is that thing putting to the ground?

No idea, but desktop dyno gives me 575-600+ HP N/A depending on the intake manifold airflow numbers I input, and that is with stock Victor Jr. and Victor EFI intake flow numbers; both are ported. Who knows? I am hoping to get as close to 500whp N/A as possible. :rockon:

BTW, thanks for the comment. :woohoo:

No no no sir, it is you who I thank for the amazing car! Have any videos?

No videos, but I hope to borrow a camera and get some this summer. I will be at NMRA Columbus and Bowling Green this year. I was going to go to Mustang Week, but finances did not allow it. All of my spare cash goes to the vehicles. Pisses my wife off. :rant: That is also why I can't afford a video camera... :doh:

Again, thanks guys.

I sure hope more fox guys come to this site. You have some pretty good inside info on this site. Congrats to all. :rockon:

• 3 weeks later...

Wow - some really nice Fox Bodies already posted! Great job guys!

Now I feel compelled to add my boyfriend's 92 LX. Up until 5 years ago "she" was

all stock and now she's borderline street legal. The mods are too many to mention,

but we've nicknamed her "Christine" and she's wickedly powerful on the street. If

she'd only hook on the track a 9-sec run is only an eyeblink away.

For those interested, you can check out the mods at www.mikeymustang.com as well

as some images (best timeslips, engine shots) and a few videos. My 04 SonicBlue is

on the Friends page and to be honest, my 04 is faster than Mikey's 04! Go figure!

We're trying to figure out how 2 stock cars can be so different.

post-1235-1151279252_thumb.jpg

post-1235-1151279252_thumb.jpg

That is a nice looking Fox. He should be proud.

LOL...that car is more high maintenance than me! Your notch looks

VERY clean. Ever have it on a dyno? Taken it down the 1/4 mile?

Last time we had the green monster on the dyno it made close to 600hp

(automatic tranny skews the reading), but based on calculations (weight,

1/4 mi time) and recent breakages, she has to be making 700+ at the

crank. The torque on this beast is scary.

I'd love to get this car in a magazine. The current and original owner

was born during the initial weeks of Mustang production. He's done

most of the mods himself and has learned to tune using an AEM. He's

learned a lot, broken a lot, gotten street cred, track cred, left a trail of

"fried rice" and the local law enforcement are in "awe". Yet, it's street

legal...barely. And he has a sexy blonde as "crew chief". :P

Alicia*

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

My no show, all go, car.

Wheelie.jpg

Couple videos a friend took from two weeks ago with some friends.

http://199.86.17.107:8080/ED-10-7.wmv

http://199.86.17.107:8080/EdandGene.wmv

http://199.86.17.107:8080/EDvsRoeder.wmv

Here is my combination.

360 (10.5 to 1), FTI AFR 225, FTI Edelbrock Victor EFI, FTI Cam, Pro M 80 MM (42lb injectors), KOOKS Longtubes 1 7/8 inch to 2 inch to 3.5 inch collectors, Pro Motion TKO, FMS 4.88, Global West Suspension, ET Drags, TwEECer RT (3317 lbs with me)

10.74 @ 127.68 (best so far)

My car is no where as nice looking as the other cars posted here. I drive mine alot and race it just as much. I don't spend alot of money or time on things that don't make it go faster...lol. That is how I am with my Stangs. I would like to have a car just like the other nice looking ones here but I know it wouldn't last long. I would have it modded and at the track in no time.

Those are some beautiful cars you guys have posted. I like them all.

• 5 weeks later...

OK, nearly a month after the last post on this thread, we finally got a couple of Foxbodies to post some pics of. Got both of them in mid-November. Both are completely stock (no mods).

'89 GT - purchased from original owner

RinehartMustangs11-19-06009.jpg

'90 LX vert (2.3L auto) less than 53,000 original miles

RinehartMustangs11-19-06008.jpg

• 1 month later...

90lx...with saleen sideskirts and saleen rear skirt and a gtr front piece, saleen wing and twin turbo hood...........mods b303 cam, cobra upper and lower intake, bbk longtubes with bbk o/r x-pipe, ram air kit with k&n filter, jegs 100 amp alternator, griffin 3 core radiator with black magic fan, hypertech chip, b&m shifter, 3.73 gears, bored .30 over, and compucar 150 shot wet nitrous kit

post-7934-1169486450_thumb.jpg

post-7934-1169486450_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Here's my new baby,1991, my hubby bought her for me 7-07, for our ten yr anniversary( which is in March), so I got it a little early. When we go her, she didn't run. The guy that had her, started fixing her up and from what we know, ran out of money. It came with 302, roller rockers, Trick flow, bbk shorty headers, cam( don't know what one), 3.73 gears. We have done some, tires & rims,came with stock ponies, new seals, headlight covers, door actuators handle, headliner, put turn down pipes out the back and a real good bath. That's about it. I've wanted a Mustang for as long as I can remember. There is just nothing that sounds like that. I had to relearn how to drive a manual, not use to that kind of car. Cut it off about six times the first time I drove it.

ok, for the life of me I cannot get my picture in here. It says it's too big. How in the world do I do this????????

Help, somebody smarter than me!!!

• 1 year later...

Archived