TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mundies RBST & Suspension Makeover

vapor08GT500

Matt, are you even looking at your build thread???

Here are the pictures of the rear differential girdle with main cap load bolts. Clears the adjustable panhard bar that we installed int he last group of mods....

2-25-11002.jpg

2-25-11003.jpg

2-25-11004.jpg

2-25-11005.jpg

2-25-11006.jpg

2-25-11009.jpg

2-25-11010.jpg

The next set will be the panhard bar brace that has been on backorder for months...have 5 left in stock now for those that want one...it strengthens the weak area where our panhard bars attach to. The factory bar is a joke....you can bend it in half by hand!!!!

Alex

Yes Alex, I'm looking! Thanks! I am still really bummed about the Shelby Brake sale AFTER we did this work. :banghead: That would have went a long way towards a new wheel set. Hoping to get the car back from the body shop soon and will add some pictures to this thread. Alex was kind enough not to mention that I had spun it off the road after heavy rain had washed a layer of gravel across a sharp turn. I scraped and dinged up the front splitter and bumper, right rocker panel, door, quarter panel, and bumper. I was embarrassed and depressed about it for quite awhile, but it is what it is, and I am very anxious to get it back looking newer, faster, and better. :shift:

I know, Matt, I wish we knew they would go on sale in advance!!

How is the car looking now. Bring it by when you get it back, so we can put it on the lift and inspect the bodyshop's work.

Here are the remaining pictures...the panhard bar brace. This is a simple item, but makes a big difference. The stock one you can bend by hand....

2-25-11019.jpg

2-25-11021.jpg

2-25-11020.jpg

2-25-11022.jpg

2-25-11024.jpg

2-25-11025.jpg

2-25-11027.jpg

2-25-11028.jpg

2-25-11029.jpg

let me know too Matt when you want some wheels....

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

Most of Alex's work is underneath and has been seen. I rebadged with the red emblems to match the brakes and had the grill bezels painted. I am not sure if I like the bezels.....maybe if the red was less bright and more subdued.

post-26374-0-74162000-1300507110_thumb.jpg

post-26374-0-05447600-1300507079_thumb.jpg

post-26374-0-05447600-1300507079_thumb.jpg

post-26374-0-74162000-1300507110_thumb.jpg

I'm with Alex on this one, love all the red except the bezels. Great looking car. Do you have return to stock for your smog check??? I'll be moving back to CA soon so trying to figure out if it will be worth it to register in CA or keep it out of state because I'm Military.

Thanks guys. The red bezel idea was just a whim to try out since I had another pair. 0201212....Not sure about the smog....have not had to go there yet. Alex will know. CA registration fees are high, so if you could keep it out of state it might be to your advantage. I see your interest in running...we need to meet up sometime.

Alex, will call you this week.

matt

Thanks guys. The red bezel idea was just a whim to try out since I had another pair. 0201212....Not sure about the smog....have not had to go there yet. Alex will know. CA registration fees are high, so if you could keep it out of state it might be to your advantage. I see your interest in running...we need to meet up sometime.

Alex, will call you this week.

matt

Thanks for the info. I will be in Ca around Aug or Sep. I will be in the Santa Maria area, not sure how far that is from you. I just completed my first marathon and looking forward to getting a road bike so I can get into tri athalons as well. Once I get out there we will defiantly meet up for a run or ride or even a race. Looking forward to being back in my home state no matter how bad it gets.

Nice talking with you today, Matt, as always. Sorry, I was so busy and didn't have the time I usually try to, to talk to you. Still playing catch-up for going out of town for a few days.

0201212- keep it registered in SC!! CA is really ripping us off with fees. Highest in the country!! Hopefully we will meet when you come out here. Santa Maria is about 3 hours away.

Alex

Archived