TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mundies RBST & Suspension Makeover

vapor08GT500

Team Shelby member mundie's brought in his Vapor '08 GT 500 (looks like my old GT 500 did when it was stock) to my shop today for a RBST (rusty butt spa treatment),, install Ford Racing FR3 suspension, Maximum Motorsports camber/caster plates, JLT brake ducts, and underside detail. Rear end is one of the better ones I've seen, not too much rust. Here are some picture of the build as it progresses...

MattsShelby001.jpg

MattsShelby002.jpg

MattsShelby003.jpg

MattsShelby004.jpg

MattsShelby005.jpg

MattsShelby006.jpg

MattsShelby007.jpg

MattsShelby008.jpg

MattsShelby009.jpg

MattsShelby010.jpg

And More....Wednesday need to have the car aligned, install the JLT brake duct bezels, trim the scratched front splitter, and detail the underside, then it is done for now. When I get back from WA for Grabber's event, we are doing the Steeda upper and lower arms. The next thing Matt will need us to install is my Stage 2 upgrade and a set of my mufflers...LOL

MattGT5002013.jpg

MattGT5002014.jpg

MattGT5002015.jpg

MattGT5002016.jpg

MattGT5002017.jpg

MattGT5002018.jpg

MattGT5002019.jpg

MattGT5002020.jpg

MattGT5002021.jpg

MattGT5002022.jpg

Alex

Definately will do a power upgrade sometime. Plan on keeping the car a loooong time so will be back in the future. Maybe one major upgrade a year will keep peace and balance within the family!

I was by Alex's shop this morning and checked out the car. Garrett did a great job on that rear treatment. I see more parts came in after I left, as the adjustable pan hard bar is in now.

You won't be disappointed with Alex's work. It is top notch as others can attest too.

Alex, I forgot to tell you have a safe trip and enjoy Grabber's Meet N Greet this weekend.

Dan

Rick,

I am ready when you are...just give me the heads up and I will fit you in....

Matt,

I hear you on keeping the peace in the family. Mods are addicting and these cars are never done....its never-ending!! You should bring your son and show him some cars tomorrow...

Dan,

It was great to see you today. Thank you for the nice comments...I will see you when I get back from Grabber's...

Zporta,

Thank you for the comments. If you do a search on my posts you can find many rusty butts that I have done and other builds for customers too...

Alex

SVTboy....I'd love a vacation...but working during it doesn't sound too fun to me...LOL

Car is all done, underside is detailed, had it aligned, trimmed the front splitter, and installed the JLT bezels...here are some more pics....

Matt3001.jpg

Matt3002.jpg

Matt3003.jpg

Matt3004.jpg

Matt3005.jpg

Matt3006.jpg

Matt3007.jpg

Matt3008.jpg

Matt3009.jpg

Matt3010.jpg

Alex

Wow Alex that really looks fantastic. Thanks for the attention to detail and posting the pictures. I hope to get off work on time (6pm, in Riverside) I will call you when I am about 30 min away. Thanks, Matt

Today me and my girl met Alex.

Now we wait for the Super Snake upgrade.

Here is the to do list:

1. NGK plugs.

2. Port match SC & plenum.

3. Throttle body – new FRPP Twin bore 65mm polished - M-9926-CJ65

4. Billet fuel rails - FORE Precision Works – black anodized.

5. Justin's VMP *Big TB* High-Flow Inlet Elbow for TVS Blower.

6. Justin's VMP 2.65 pulley tune upgrade kit - TVSUPGPAK.

7. Exhaust – the Alex Dynatech special. JetHot extreme coating. with high flow cats and custom mufflers.

8. Driveshaft Safety Loop - for - DYNOTECH one-piece aluminum drive shaft.

9. Rusty Butt paint treatment.

10. reischeperformance.com – 170* thermostat

11. R&R rear diff girdle cover. Install FRPP M-4033-G2 low profile diff girdle cover. Inspect and replace fluid & 3.73 gears for quality.

12. Rear end traction upgrade:

* Steeda lower billet arms with spherical bearing on axle end and polyurethane bushing on frame end

* adjustible upper

* keep current SS/BMR adjustable panhard.

Alex will be posting pictures soon.

Thank you. happy%20feet.gif

Greg's Super Snake is well under way....I left Thursday morning for you to have your upper and lower's installed, but can't get a hold of you....let me know what's going on....

Alex

• 8 months later...

Took forever to find this post again!!!!

Matt's (mundies) Shelby came back on Monday afternoon for some more goodies in addition to what we did in May of 2010:

-Red Shelby/Baer 6 piston front brakes with braided steel front lines, 2 piece cross drilled/slotted 14" front rotors, rear 14" matching rotor upgrade and relocation brackets ( same as the ones I have on sale right now for $3150 if anyone else wants a set!!! )

-Braided steel rear brake line upgrade

-2011 PP sway bar end link kit

-1 piece aluminum dirveshaft

-lower rear control arm relocation brackets, welded in and painted

-Royal Purple Synchromax in the trans, 75-140 in the differential

-Rear differential girdle with bearing cap load bolts

-Panhard bar brace

-Shelby billet shifter assembly

-My Power Package: JLT carbon fiber intake, NGK plugs gapped at .035", 2.59'' supercharger pulley, billet idler pulley,

Here are some pictures of the install.....

Stock Brembo GT500 brakes coming off....I have them for sale if anyone needs them, PM me...

2-24-11001.jpg

2-24-11002.jpg

2-24-11003.jpg

2-24-11005.jpg

Relocation brackets welded in and painted to match the rear that we painted last May.....

2-24-11006.jpg

2-24-11007.jpg

Driveshaft out and a shot of the wimpy factory shifter before removed....

2-24-11011.jpg

2-24-11013.jpg

2-24-11014.jpg

2-24-11015.jpg

I actually did try to go to sleep Matt, but I got back up to post these pictures up....I couldn't have you pick up your car in a few hours and not see any pictures of at least some of the updates before you came to pick it up!!!

I AM going to sleep now (almost 3am)!!! More pictures of the rest of the build soon....

Alex

:peelout:

Alex,

I was driving my "new" car with the latest upgrades in my sleep. Now I know why, you were up posting pictures!!! Crazy dude! :hyper2:

LOL :shift: Now you actually got to drive it!!! Here are some more pictures. I am glad you love the car all over again!!! Please share you impressions of the new upgrades for others to hear and understand the differences from your point of view...

More of the HUGE 6 piston front brakes and braided steel brake lines....

2-24-11017.jpg

2-24-11019.jpg

2-24-11021.jpg

Look at the difference between the super heavy stock 2 piece drive shaft compared to the new one piece aluminum unit....

2-23-11004.jpg

2-24-11027.jpg

Stock wheels are just temporary until Matt decides what wheels he wants to install, then use these as track wheels...You can see the rear 14" brake upgrade in the rear....

2-23-11001.jpg

And a couple shots of my polished MMS mufflers installed with 4" rolled tips.....

2-25-11032.jpg

2-25-11034.jpg

2-25-11031.jpg

2-25-11035.jpg

I will post more later.....

Alex

really enjoy looking at your build pics. the work always looks fantastic and everything is always so clean.so many places just dont care about these cars the way we do it is nice to see someone who does.good work

Thank you for the comments Mike!!! I will post the rest of the build pics on this car when I get some free time....

Alex

First of all I want to say that I am very fortunate to be close to Alex's shop. Like many, I am very busy with work, family, life. The Shelby is a new interest for me that I knew very little about. Alex knows more about Mustangs than anyone I will ever meet, yet he is patient with my silly questions, indecisions, and has taught me a lot. He really loves to see people enjoy their cars and his cheer and enthusiasm makes you want to enjoy it more.

Now for initial impressions:

Power: Most of you have already done the basic CAI, pulley, tune with many posts on the topic.......But Holy Whining Beast Batman! I love it! Face is sore from smiling!

Shifting: Having nothing to compare to previosly, I did not know what to expect. This really does make a big difference with a way more solid precise feel. The take-off really is a flimsy piece.

Mufflers: These are really beautiful works of art. They sound better than what I had outside. They are quieter inside with much less drone. It makes the drive to Palm Springs much more enjoyable.

Suspension: I could tell a significant difference beyond all the suspension work Alex had done previously with the relocation brackets. All that new power goes straight forward. I tried to see if I could make it wheel hop and I couldn't.

Brakes: They look awesome and definate difference although I have not really got on them hard as I drove home to rain and even a couple inches of snow (not far from Palm Springs!!) this weekend. I plan to paint the rear brakes to match the front. The red brakes look so good that I am thinking of rebadging the car with the red Cobra's and Shelby lettering for a little matching character.

Now to decide on wheels. I think I have it narrowed down to Black CS40's or the 2010 OEM 19's.

Thanks Alex (also note how late I am up tonight)

First of all I want to say that I am very fortunate to be close to Alex's shop. Like many, I am very busy with work, family, life. The Shelby is a new interest for me that I knew very little about. Alex knows more about Mustangs than anyone I will ever meet, yet he is patient with my silly questions, indecisions, and has taught me a lot. He really loves to see people enjoy their cars and his cheer and enthusiasm makes you want to enjoy it more.

Now for initial impressions:

Power: Most of you have already done the basic CAI, pulley, tune with many posts on the topic.......But Holy Whining Beast Batman! I love it! Face is sore from smiling!

Shifting: Having nothing to compare to previosly, I did not know what to expect. This really does make a big difference with a way more solid precise feel. The take-off really is a flimsy piece.

Mufflers: These are really beautiful works of art. They sound better than what I had outside. They are quieter inside with much less drone. It makes the drive to Palm Springs much more enjoyable.

Suspension: I could tell a significant difference beyond all the suspension work Alex had done previously with the relocation brackets. All that new power goes straight forward. I tried to see if I could make it wheel hop and I couldn't.

Brakes: They look awesome and definate difference although I have not really got on them hard as I drove home to rain and even a couple inches of snow (not far from Palm Springs!!) this weekend. I plan to paint the rear brakes to match the front. The red brakes look so good that I am thinking of rebadging the car with the red Cobra's and Shelby lettering for a little matching character.

Now to decide on wheels. I think I have it narrowed down to Black CS40's or the 2010 OEM 19's.

Thanks Alex (also note how late I am up tonight)

Thank you for your testimonial and impressions of the new goodies we put on your car Matt!!! Sorry for finally replying 4 days later, I have been swamped with another race car that we are fixing as I am waiting on parts for two other cars we are building that will be revived soon....another 3:30 AM day to reply to posts and PM's.....I am amazed you were up at 1 am still...LOL

As most of you know, I spend a great deal of my time and money testing parts, and trying all sorts of different combinations. I base each combination off what the owner of the car expects from the car, and what they use it for. Usually, expectations are far exceeded!! There are many complete junk parts out there that simply do not work, or do not work in conjunction with another part. Any combination is only as good as its weakest link.

I love these cars and most of the people that own them, and do my best to balance my time between PM's, emails, builds, people I meet in person, my rental properties, parts orders, phone calls etc. There simply is not enough hours in the day, so I do the best I can each day. Most days, I fall asleep at my computer and don't get to see friends or family for days at a time. Many just say, "Why do you do this?" Or "hire more people" my answer is no to both. I don't like waiting on hold, or dealing with a dingbat secretary myself, so why do that to others. I am not a big business, and never want to be. I enjoy my one off builds and dealing with people one on one. I have built cars for people all around the world. I never base a job off money, I base it off the car and the person.

Greg, I will post pictures of the rest of this build including the JLT intake...I just need to find the time....it will happen so keep checking back. Also, I did briefly look at your tire links, but they took a long time to load, so I didn't see them all. I will get back to them.

Going to sleep now.....

Alex

More pictures of the build. Stock pulley and idler off and the new 2.59 supercharger pulley and billet idler installed. I am not going to cover the pulley removal and install as I have covered it many times in my other build threads.

2-25-11001.jpg

2-25-11011.jpg

2-25-11012.jpg

2-25-11013.jpg

2-25-11014.jpg

2-25-11015.jpg

2-25-11016.jpg

2-25-11017.jpg

More pictures later...

Archived