TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby American Motorsports Division

Hello everyone, my name is Gil N. as everyone has heard we have put together a new program which will allow performance enthusiast to have their already loved Mustangs power level increased to higher levels!

We are setting up for modifications such as Supercharger kits , Headers, Camshaft and valvetrain components, complete drivetrain upgrades and much more. We will be able to measure before and after performance upgrades on our in house Chassis Dynameter that will read rear wheel Horse Power and Torque levels.

I would like to take this time to take in people thoughts and wishes . Please forward all questions regarding modifications to your vehicle to GilN@ShelbyAmerican.com.

Hello Gil

Hey I have an idea. As part of Shelby Bash 2011, maybe a dyno day option along with the other activities as in the past. If I am correct the speed shop is located at the track facility.

Just something to possibly consider.

Edited by H0050

Will this only be in Nevada or will it also be available in other regions. For example, Tasca Ford (in RI) is already a Shelby Mod Shop so will they (if they don't already) ultimately have all the same capabilities?

Hello Gil

Hey I have an idea. As part of Shelby Bash 2011, maybe a dyno day option along with the other activities as in the past. If I am correct the speed shop is located at the track facility.

Just something to possibly consider.

The speed shop IS located at the Speedway location only.

The Dyno Shop will be available anytime, as well being part of any special activities that we will hold here at Shelby.

Will this only be in Nevada or will it also be available in other regions. For example, Tasca Ford (in RI) is already a Shelby Mod Shop so will they (if they don't already) ultimately have all the same capabilities?

Your correct, this will be a Nevada location only at this current time..

Gil good luck with thte Mod shop, how dose this differ for somone like me who has a stock SGT and is considering the whipple s/c and some minor mods vs. going thru shelby proper?

thanks

Mick

Good question!!

The difference is, if your mods are done here at Shelby American Motorsports all work is Documented and Recorded as a Modified SGT, That was UPGRADED with approved Shelby Mods that would also include an under hood badge. I hope I answered your question. Gil

Edited by S.A.M 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Gil, Frankie,

Thanks for your time today. Can't wait to get my car in there.

I'm gonna try to scare up the C&R radiator and HE, since I could tell from your advice how much nicer the car would be WITH them.

I appreciate the honest opinions and all your cooperation.

Have a great day!

Jer

• 8 years later...

Hey, Thanks for posting this I have a 2010 Mustang GT I am interested in having the engine up grated from a 4.6 Ltr V-8 with a Rousch supercharger to a 5.2 Ltr with a different supercharger will probably have to have the transmission re worked along with the brakes etc.. The car is a sterling grey it is an absolutely beautiful car. I live in Parker Colorado and I don't know anyone that would do the type of engine work and basically up grade the car. As I am going to pass this car down to my Son. It has very low mileage as I don't drive it that much only in the spring and summers. I was inquiring about Shelby American in Vegas but they could really not give me a definitive price on how much it would cost to have this work done. The car is realistically a race car. Or at least when I purchased it, It only had 20,000 miles on it. Perhaps you could offer some advice on what I could do to have this car re worked 

Thanks 

Wayland J. Erdman Col U.S. Army 

Email viper1445@yahoo.com

On 12/1/2019 at 1:02 PM, werdman09 said:

Hey, Thanks for posting this I have a 2010 Mustang GT I am interested in having the engine up grated from a 4.6 Ltr V-8 with a Rousch supercharger to a 5.2 Ltr with a different supercharger will probably have to have the transmission re worked along with the brakes etc.. The car is a sterling grey it is an absolutely beautiful car. I live in Parker Colorado and I don't know anyone that would do the type of engine work and basically up grade the car. As I am going to pass this car down to my Son. It has very low mileage as I don't drive it that much only in the spring and summers. I was inquiring about Shelby American in Vegas but they could really not give me a definitive price on how much it would cost to have this work done. The car is realistically a race car. Or at least when I purchased it, It only had 20,000 miles on it. Perhaps you could offer some advice on what I could do to have this car re worked 

Thanks 

Wayland, this post was originally made 9 years ago. The Shelby shop that did the high-performance upgrades no longer exists. I suggest you do some research to find a local shop that can do a proper engine switch.

On 12/1/2019 at 10:02 AM, werdman09 said:

Thanks 

You might reach out to the "Colorado Shelby Breakfast Club" (google it, some of them used to be active here but I haven't seen anyone for ages).  Most of the members are in the Parker area.  They might have suggestions for some local speed shops.