TEAM SHELBY FORUM

OH BROTHER

imprtklr

2009 gt 500 Driving home on Saturday my car started to have massive slippage tach would rev car stood still. With the clutch full depressed I could not get he car into gear. Car has 2200 miles on its never beaten or raced, rarley driven. Totally stock, normal around town driving and car shows. The normal hiss when the clutch is depressed is gone as well.

Limped the car to the dealer shutting off at every stop light to get into gear 1st and granny shifting all the way there. Talked to the service manager explained to him that I read all of the TSB reports about the fly wheel, clutch and input shaft issues. Hopefully everything will be replaced on fords dime. I will re post when I have

more info.

really pissed.

2009 gt 500 Driving home on Saturday my car started to have massive slippage tach would rev car stood still. With the clutch full depressed I could not get he car into gear. Car has 2200 miles on its never beaten or raced, rarley driven. Totally stock, normal around town driving and car shows. The normal hiss when the clutch is depressed is gone as well.

Limped the car to the dealer shutting off at every stop light to get into gear 1st and granny shifting all the way there. Talked to the service manager explained to him that I read all of the TSB reports about the fly wheel, clutch and input shaft issues. Hopefully everything will be replaced on fords dime. I will re post when I have

more info.

really pissed.

I brought my 09 in to the dealer for the clutch TSB on 5-14-10. The dealer told me the parts are on backorder. I still havent heard anything back yet. Good luck.

more info.

really pissed.

Just remind them that there is a 4th TSB 10-3-8 when i brought my car in about 3 weeks ago they tried to charged me $2500.00 until i told them about the 4th TSB.Good luck

got a call from the service manager, said he ordered the clutch and it will be installed at no charge. Thats what I was told lets see what happens when

I pick up the car. He also could not belive how clean the car was and it only has 2200 miles.

got a call from the service manager, said he ordered the clutch and it will be installed at no charge. Thats what I was told lets see what happens when

I pick up the car. He also could not belive how clean the car was and it only has 2200 miles.

What's your build date. Curious to know if you have the revised flywheel or not?

What's your build date. Curious to know if you have the revised flywheel or not?

Build date was late nov.08 I think I will check my svt paper work and post it up. Still have not gotten the car back its been 11 days since I dropped it off.

Build date was late nov.08 I think I will check my svt paper work and post it up. Still have not gotten the car back its been 11 days since I dropped it off.

car build date 11/10/08 auto alliance international. #54 of 68 Grabber orange ,one of 17 grabber orange and white stripe for 09's #2507 of 3004 built.

Got the car back! Finally!

_new fly wheel asy (N/C)

_new clutch asy (N/C)

_teflon lubricant (N/C)

_new a sleeve (N/C)

_cylinder assembly and clutch slave (N/C)

_a tube (N/C)

_S100 bolt (N/C)

_bleed clutch system (N/C)

_Add latest PCM calibration (N/C)

and a free oil change because the had my car two weeks.

Feels completely different, clutch needs half the amount of foot pressure to engage feels like im driving a 4 cylinder honda or something.

Much smoother no more chatter at all and the hiss is gone when clutch is engaged.

Hats off the Jersey City Ford for their excellent customer service, they even paid for my rent a car for 2 weeks.

car build date 11/10/08 auto alliance international

So according to this thread you had the new parts. And all this time I felt as if I dodged a bullet...

I'm at only about 1,000 miles on my '09 and do not want to deal with this crap.

Tob

So according to this thread you had the new parts. And all this time I felt as if I dodged a bullet...

I'm at only about 1,000 miles on my '09 and do not want to deal with this crap.

Tob

I guess I got a bad part. It happens, the car is all fixed and running well.

I have a very early 07 and I am on my third clutch- dealer has done his share and I have done my share to see the clutch gets a good workout- I am to the point I know the dealer cannot help as much as I would like so I have had to backoff on driving the car- when I reach the point of out of pocket expense I will try an aftermarket clutch as that would be the choice if warranty was not covered. The car spends a lot of time at the dragstrip and a stickshift car is going to have clutch issues regardless of model or car- on the strip an automatic would be the choice of most racers- On the otherhand for street driving and overall fun the six speed wins out. Replacing a clutch system in our cars is much more costly than clutches on other cars and the aftermarket has brought the price down and in time will be much more afordable- in the mean time those of us that have the early clutches and some with the new systems are going to pay the price if we hammer the car. In my case I bought the car for its power and tend to lean toward that point of view. Play with the big boys at the track and you better pad your wallet for the ride. I love straight ahead acceleration and the track is the only spot that both safety and power can be used- She is a sweety off the strip but I cannot avoid the desire for power on a track less than 20 miles from home. I fully expect to have problems with the car as long as I treat it as a race car so that is the gamble I take- It is better than hitting some poor innocent person on the street at a hundred miles and hour- or better than having a show and tell car for cruises- to each his own

Archived