TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Interior Upgrades

Hey guys,

So I bought my Shelby GT almost a year ago, after graduating from a Service Academy (I figured if I'm not allowed to have a car for four years when I get one it better be good) & now I finally have enough money to start putting some work into the girl. I'm looking at starting with some interior upgrades. I just ordered the Premium Floor Mats (Shelby GT Berg style...of course) and a couple other things.

So my questions are...

What have other people bought & do they like it? & is there anything that NEEDS to be done...other then the Carrol Shelby Signature on the Passenger side airbag...I'm doing that at the begining of June.

Also I was looking at the Shelby Emerg. Hand Brake handle, & it looked a little bulky. So I guess the other question is, is there anything I should stay away from?

Any input you guys want to give I'm open to.

Thanks!

-Colin Fogarty

07SGT

CSM1200

Hey guys,

So I bought my Shelby GT almost a year ago, after graduating from a Service Academy (I figured if I'm not allowed to have a car for four years when I get one it better be good) & now I finally have enough money to start putting some work into the girl. I'm looking at starting with some interior upgrades. I just ordered the Premium Floor Mats (Shelby GT Berg style...of course) and a couple other things.

So my questions are...

What have other people bought & do they like it? & is there anything that NEEDS to be done...other then the Carrol Shelby Signature on the Passenger side airbag...I'm doing that at the begining of June.

Also I was looking at the Shelby Emerg. Hand Brake handle, & it looked a little bulky. So I guess the other question is, is there anything I should stay away from?

Any input you guys want to give I'm open to.

Thanks!

-Colin Fogarty

07SGT

CSM1200

Congratulations on the Graduation and the car!

What you want to put in the car is, of course a matter of preference. The only thing I would suggest is to be careful not to go overboard. It's real easy to "wallpaper" your car with snakes and Shelbys. I've got The E-brake handle cover, the map light accent, the SGT headrests, and an SGT lighter plug. I really like all of them, but I don't really want much more inside.

Hope that helps.

Less in more!!!

A few touches here and there are good but it's easy to cross the line into garish and silly.

This is what I've done:

- Berg Floor Mats

- Power port plug

- Dead pedle

- head rests

That's it!

My only item let to get is Carroll's signature and I'm done!

Not much in my car either... not a big fan of a lot of the stuff really... Only thing I'm thinking of now is the kicker door subs that say shelby on them...

IMG_2858.jpg

8835_1221686992122_1527364323_580673_4831291_n.jpg

JMN

Well said!!!!

When money and time permit, I would love to get the IUP steering wheel and silver dash panels, as I have the standard black interior......

Laurence

JMN

Well said!!!!

When money and time permit, I would love to get the IUP steering wheel and silver dash panels, as I have the standard black interior......

Laurence

I like the Shelby seats and arm rest cover.

Yeah, I like the upholstery upgrade too... but too much cash to justify, and I really only like the colored inserts and the better stitching and side bolsters, I could pass on the extra logos I think...

Yeah, I like the upholstery upgrade too... but too much cash to justify, and I really only like the colored inserts and the better stitching and side bolsters, I could pass on the extra logos I think...

Thats why I like the upholstery upgrade, not many people around here have it.

Also I was looking at the Shelby Emerg. Hand Brake handle, & it looked a little bulky.

-Colin

The Shelby e-brake handle isn't bulky at all and is a nice addition to the interior of your SGT.

Congrats!

Mine is bone stock inside...I can recommend an extra set of floormats....you'll need them at somepoint.

I have been adding stickers and plaques from events/tracks where the car has participated/driven on in the inside trunk lid.

There are a few very small paint marks on the inside...stuff gets everywhere...

I keep meaning to send in my visor for Mr Shelby to sign...on the mirror cover.

Welcome to TS my fellow South Floridian :happy feet: I see you are in the Keys, I sure hope this oil spill doesn't ruin our beautiful beaches especially with the great weather coming up.

Well, for interior upgrades I only went with dash and sun visor sigs.-it's like the focal point type of thing. Hope to see ya at some car shows.

DSC06353.jpg

DSC06359.jpg

Welcome to TS my fellow South Floridian :happy feet: I see you are in the Keys, I sure hope this oil spill doesn't ruin our beautiful beaches especially with the great weather coming up.

Well, for interior upgrades I only went with dash and sun visor sigs.-it's like the focal point type of thing. Hope to see ya at some car shows.

DSC06353.jpg

DSC06359.jpg

sweet visor from Terlingua year one....awesome! :salute:

welcome to TS Colin!

Good topic. I've kept mine to a minimum, mostly to add functionality such as Shelby subs, Pioneer nav unit, electrochromic mirror and ambient lighting. I've added only a couple of decorative items like the map light accent and door lock grommets. I am interested in the SGT black power plug and the SGT steering wheel badge but I can't locate online. Any help?

PS - I have a base non-IUP dash so long-term am trying to decide what to do. I like the look of the GT500 dash with billet vent rings. Why did Ford use chrome on the dash when the door handles, sill plates, etc. are a billet aluminum look? Anyway, it's about a $500-$600 upgrade for new parts, less maybe on ebay.

Good topic. I've kept mine to a minimum, mostly to add functionality such as Shelby subs, Pioneer nav unit, electrochromic mirror and ambient lighting. I've added only a couple of decorative items like the map light accent and door lock grommets. I am interested in the SGT black power plug and the SGT steering wheel badge but I can't locate online. Any help?

PS - I have a base non-IUP dash so long-term am trying to decide what to do. I like the look of the GT500 dash with billet vent rings. Why did Ford use chrome on the dash when the door handles, sill plates, etc. are a billet aluminum look? Anyway, it's about a $500-$600 upgrade for new parts, less maybe on ebay.

steering wheel badge are custom made by owners, not really sold. Motorjock did a nice write up on it.

Thats why I like the upholstery upgrade, not many people around here have it.

I sprung for the interior upgrade last year when the Shelby store ran a discount. I love the look and get many compliments on it at shows. No regrets here. I've also added some billet trim in places but have tried to keep it tasteful. It's easy to go overboard.

100_1009.jpg

100_1014.jpg

100_1021.jpg

Dead Pedal

000_0011.jpg

Map light trim - this piece is junk but mine has stayed on well.

000_0014.jpg

Sill strips

000_0015.jpg

Visor signed by the man himself

100_0301.jpg

I sprung for the interior upgrade last year when the Shelby store ran a discount. I love the look and get many compliments on it at shows. No regrets here. I've also added some billet trim in places but have tried to keep it tasteful. It's easy to go overboard.

100_1009.jpg

100_1014.jpg

100_1021.jpg

Dead Pedal

000_0011.jpg

Map light trim - this piece is junk but mine has stayed on well.

000_0014.jpg

Sill strips

000_0015.jpg

Visor signed by the man himself

100_0301.jpg

Dave that is really nice way tasteful !!!

• 2 months later...

Damn, that interior is nice.... I think its just a little too pricey for me right now. Unfortunately my fortunes are split. I own a 71' Honda motorcycle, and I have a 2001 Audi TT at my parents house. Too many toys and not enought time or money.

Damn, that interior is nice.... I think its just a little too pricey for me right now. Unfortunately my fortunes are split. I own a 71' Honda motorcycle, and I have a 2001 Audi TT at my parents house. Too many toys and not enought time or money.

NEVER enough toys!

Just my 2 cents, but the Shelby interior upgrades quality do not compare to Silver Horse, not even close. I am talking the billet pieces, I have several of the Silver Horse pieces and they are the best I have seen. Scott Drake pieces are cheap especially for the price they want.

Good luck

Archived