TEAM SHELBY FORUM

about to buy used 07

aorobie

FYI,

The 40th. package was designed for the 2007 ONLY Shelby GT-500 model year. Coupe or convertible. It has always been limited to a 500 unit run. Nothing has changed. When #500 is done then the model is done and retired.

Price structure has not changed form the original release. There may be some confusion with the 2008-2009 Shelby GT-500 SE price structure. That is due to the package of the original being under priced. So for the best deal get your 2007 in before they are all gone.

To the 258 of 300 this is also a misleading number. The build is 500 not 300. We have 300 numbers to build here. The other 200 are assigned to 2 Mod Centers to complete. That may account for 300.

For clarification, the FIRST vehicles out of the Shelby Mod Shop were Shelby GT/SC's. But in actuality it goes back to the 2006 Hertz program.

Roger

Thanks Roger for clarifying a few things,I appreciate you stepping in. The 40th has not always been limited to a 500 unit run, before you started at SAI it was at 1000. Later, after sales were down they changed it to 500, CSM# 1-300 at Vegas, 301-400 at Tasca and 401-500 at Quantum. This brings up another question, Why are cars coming out of SA now with CSM numbers over 300?

So let me get this correct, if it's the year 2017 and for some reason the value of the 40th going up with the 50th being out and a guy has an old 07 with 125,000 miles and the bumper covers falling off, SA will convert it as long as the run has not reach 500? I may be mistaken but have never heard of any other Anniversary car being built after the anniversary year.

As I said before I regret bringing this subject up but it has been discussed many times off TS forums. Someone had to say it and at my age I don't mind. I enjoy being a Shelby enthusiast and wish only the best.

I sent you an email a few days ago on having a Terlingua built, did you find anything out?

Thanks Roger for clarifying a few things,I appreciate you stepping in. The 40th has not always been limited to a 500 unit run, before you started at SAI it was at 1000. Later, after sales were down they changed it to 500, CSM# 1-300 at Vegas, 301-400 at Tasca and 401-500 at Quantum. This brings up another question, Why are cars coming out of SA now with CSM numbers over 300?

So let me get this correct, if it's the year 2017 and for some reason the value of the 40th going up with the 50th being out and a guy has an old 07 with 125,000 miles and the bumper covers falling off, SA will convert it as long as the run has not reach 500? I may be mistaken but have never heard of any other Anniversary car being built after the anniversary year.

As I said before I regret bringing this subject up but it has been discussed many times off TS forums. Someone had to say it and at my age I don't mind. I enjoy being a Shelby enthusiast and wish only the best.

I sent you an email a few days ago on having a Terlingua built, did you find anything out?

I will stick with the 500 number. We do not build after #300 here. One mod center had 301-400 the other 401-500.

You don't hear of an Anniversary car being built after the actual year on pre-title. This is a post title and we controlled the program administration and outline. There will come a day when it closes. When will that be, I do not know. Not my decision. To the condition of the vehicle, no worries on the year 2017 as the world is coming to an end in 2012. ;) But condition of the vehicle, any vehicle, upon arrival can be refused for modification. We have done that.

On the Terlingua I forwarded to the sales staff. They should have been back in touch. If not, shoot me the same message and I will follow up with whom I sent the original with comment.

Thanks for being a supporter of the Brand and we appreciate the feedback.

Roger

:backtotopic:

Are you planning to make this car a DD, a weekend car or a weekend dedicated race car?

I would love to have a GT500 as a daily driver or anything period. You would be saving tons of money and you could put it towards a Kenne Belle Supercharger or a twin turbo.

Hell you could ever Snake it to 725HP or 40th anniversary.

I say it's a great price depending on how long it's been on the lot.

If you have some haggle room I would definitely try to get them to come down a little more.

A friend of mine just sold a 2007 GT 500 with under 1,000 miles for 35,000. The car is red with white stripes all stock. Had I not had my Hertz, I would have purchased this car and 40th it.

You may find a lower milage car but it will most likely cost you more. Do how you feel and good luck. But I do recommend the consideration of the 40th as stated. From my perspective it really makes the car more exclusive.

:backtotopic:

Are you planning to make this car a DD, a weekend car or a weekend dedicated race car?

I would love to have a GT500 as a daily driver or anything period. You would be saving tons of money and you could put it towards a Kenne Belle Supercharger or a twin turbo.

Hell you could ever Snake it to 725HP or 40th anniversary.

I say it's a great price depending on how long it's been on the lot.

If you have some haggle room I would definitely try to get them to come down a little more.

$26,000 later the cars sits in my driveway and i will say it's a dream come true. yes it has almost 70,000mi but the car shows like new very well taken care of and all of the cool shelby docs. what do ya think is this the highest mi. gt500 in the usa? this dd is going to become a weekend car

$26,000 later the cars sits in my driveway and i will say it's a dream come true. yes it has almost 70,000mi but the car shows like new very well taken care of and all of the cool shelby docs. what do ya think is this the highest mi. gt500 in the usa? this dd is going to become a weekend car

Congrats on getting your GT500. I also think if you have the extra cash, send her in to SA and have the 40th done. It's worth every penny.

Dubbsfaris seems to be tongue-tied at the moment, the price we had was $11,250 coupe and $12,499 for a vert. You could add 600 or 700 HP with a supercharger, extreme plus brake system, and short throw shifter.You could email Roger or Cynthia ( I beleive she is still there) for details. Upgrades have change since then and they can help you out. Good luck with your car and do what you think is right. The 40th is a great ride! BTW I suggest to you my friend to buy Dr.Jons 40th, will end up being cheaper than the other one getting converted, 50,000 less miles and his 40th is a car we all know he took great care of.

+1

Archived