TEAM SHELBY FORUM

about to buy used 07

aorobie

i have come across a 2007 gt 500 that is in excellent condition the ony problem(?) is the 64,00 mi. well maintained is there a few more years left in her. $26,000 is far below any others for sale that i could find.

any comments welcomed

Well, in my opinion, the price is a bit too high considering the mileage on the car. Click on the link below and you will see a member selling his car for about $1,000.00 dollars more than the one you are considering, and his car has added items with only a little over 8,000 miles on it.

So if you use this member's car as a gauge, the car you are looking at is overpriced.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/57052-for-sale-2007-shelby-gt/page__view__findpost__p__973749

I also agree with the over priced considering the miles. With that said, a 2007 is a good year becouse you can make it a 40th anniversary edition if the package is still avalable. Look for a lower milage 2007 and 40th it.

$26k is low as far as price goes, but the miles are high.

Last month someone posted there was an '08 with 8k miles for sale in GA (I think) for $32K. If you look around I'm sure you can find on with lower miles for a little more. If I were looking at this car I would need to know the following info:

Has the TSB been done on the transmission?

Was this a daily driver?

How old was the driver?

Clean title? Wreck history? Did you pull a carfax? (pull your own, dont trust that the one they give you hasn't been "altered")

Maintainance records? See what the local dealership can tell you on service history.

I also agree with the over priced considering the miles. With that said, a 2007 is a good year becouse you can make it a 40th anniversary edition if the package is still avalable. Look for a lower milage 2007 and 40th it.

Some of us 40th people should have bought two and in some cases three SGT's instead of one 40th. headscratch.gif

$26k is low as far as price goes, but the miles are high.

Last month someone posted there was an '08 with 8k miles for sale in GA (I think) for $32K. If you look around I'm sure you can find on with lower miles for a little more. If I were looking at this car I would need to know the following info:

Has the TSB been done on the transmission?

Was this a daily driver?

How old was the driver?

Clean title? Wreck history? Did you pull a carfax? (pull your own, dont trust that the one they give you hasn't been "altered")

Maintainance records? See what the local dealership can tell you on service history.

yes the tsb done

yes daily driver hi way 109mi round trip

clean title,all maintence records all work performed at ford dealer

all ford and shelby docs

40y/o male

the body and interior do not reflect the miles all excellent and i'm picky

again this is a 2007 shelby gt500

p.s. the car has a factory nav unit.

100k miles will come quick, then it's worth drops big time since most places won't finance it.

Personally, I'd spend 7k +/- more and get one with low 20k miles or less on it...

for instance: gt500ebay

or 10k more gets you something a little more custom with very low miles... custom gt500

You'll get a lot more use out of them before crossing the line of being a high mile car that won't bring any decent money.

Lots of deals to be had, just waiting for the right car is HARD! And obviously if your budget is $26k, you are probably good to stick with the one you found, or you can find a shelby GT for that price range w/ under 10k miles for sure.

Ah, guys, hes talking a GT 500, not a Shelby GT. Does not sound out of line to me

Good point; I missed that completely. :banghead:

100k miles will come quick, then it's worth drops big time since most places won't finance it.

Personally, I'd spend 7k +/- more and get one with low 20k miles or less on it...

for instance: gt500ebay

or 10k more gets you something a little more custom with very low miles... custom gt500

You'll get a lot more use out of them before crossing the line of being a high mile car that won't bring any decent money.

Lots of deals to be had, just waiting for the right car is HARD! And obviously if your budget is $26k, you are probably good to stick with the one you found, or you can find a shelby GT for that price range w/ under 10k miles for sure.

very good points thank you. I know i can find a low mi shelby for around $26k because that car fell within my budget and i looked at plenty on the web.. the gt 500 was out of the question until this car came up. I know the miles are way higher than any other gt500 on the web but I cannot find a 2007 gt 500 for under $33k .....I don't know but $26K seems like a very good deal?

It is a good deal if $26k is your budget and you want a GT500.

What do you want to do with the car? Drag strip, road course, show car, daily driver? That all makes a difference as well.

BTW - What color is it?

yes the tsb done

yes daily driver hi way 109mi round trip

clean title,all maintence records all work performed at ford dealer

all ford and shelby docs

40y/o male

the body and interior do not reflect the miles all excellent and i'm picky

again this is a 2007 shelby gt500

p.s. the car has a factory nav unit.

Navigation was not an option on 07 so it had to be added after the fact.

Too much money. I have 4oth anniversary GT500 with 12,800 miles and it MAY have sold on ebay for $38,000. I'd take that for it. All TSB's have been performed and the car is in great shape and still under factory warranty. This may be a good gauge of market value.

Jon

If Im not mistaken, the second run of 07 did have the nav as an option....after August if memory serves right...

I would pay a little more for a lower mileage car if you can afford it...if not, buy a new 2011 GT for 31k, 0% financing right now...free money, and a car in the 11s with nothing but a change in tune and CAI...

OR

26k puts you in a new V6 that I have heard ford really cut back on the tune to keep it from cutting GT sales...but I already heard of one with a tweaked tune pushing 350-360 HP at the wheels...and 31mpg to boot...

If you are stuck on a Shelby though, just buy with your heart if you really want it. Or wait just a bit longer...

It is a good deal if $26k is your budget and you want a GT500.

What do you want to do with the car? Drag strip, road course, show car, daily driver? That all makes a difference as well.

BTW - What color is it?

don't know yet but it will become a fair weater/weekend car just gettin back into the mustang deal......had a 1966 gt fastback 95pt car years ago........white stripes over kona? vista? blue

Too much money. I have 4oth anniversary GT500 with 12,800 miles and it MAY have sold on ebay for $38,000. I'd take that for it. All TSB's have been performed and the car is in great shape and still under factory warranty. This may be a good gauge of market value.

Jon

2007 40th Anniversary still being produced by SA with 2011 GT500's on the market? Four model years later, This is insane, and I feel for Dr. Jon and wish him the best. Shelby has completed degraded the value of these cars by building them year after year. Being one of people who thought we had a very exclusive car sure didn't turn out that way. Sorry, but I just had to let it out. In 2012 with a car having 95,000 miles and bumpers falling off, I guess Shelby would take the money and say it was 2007, so it qualifies.

In 2007 you could either get the Shaker 1000 or the Nav towards the end.

2007 40th Anniversary still being produced by SA with 2011 GT500's on the market? Four model years later, This is insane, and I feel for Dr. Jon and wish him the best. Shelby has completed degraded the value of these cars by building them year after year. Being one of people who thought we had a very exclusive car sure didn't turn out that way. Sorry, but I just had to let it out. In 2012 with a car having 95,000 miles and bumpers falling off, I guess Shelby would take the money and say it was 2007, so it qualifies.

In 2007 you could either get the Shaker 1000 or the Nav towards the end.

Well, a 2007 doesnt stop being the 40th anniversary after a year or two, so as long as you own a 2007, and Shelby hasnt built their maximum for that package, why shouldn't you be able to get it? :headscratch:

Clearly you are part of the group that wanted 4 cars built and sold for an affordable price, eh? :hysterical:

I mean, SA could have done 15 or 20 cars and just priced it at 100k each instead, but then we would be on some other forum all talking about how ridiculous a 150k mustang would have been, and SA would have been out of business...you cant have it both ways all the time....this isn't Burger King where you can have it your way all the time.

I am thoroughly amused every time I see a post that dogs Shelby for making sales in the business that they are in...

If you want exclusive, buy the Cobra Jet or a FR500, or go all out and buy the Iacocca mustang. Personally, I like the fact that I can be comfortable enough to drive my car because I can fix or replace it if I have to, and have so many others that can share the experience with me. If SA makes 100 cars and thats it, these cars get squirreled away and we never see them again, and have no one to comenserate with at the track or car shows. Personally, I think the market for one off cars tucked away in Ron Pratt's Arizona warehouse is already cornered. If that is the class of cars you wanted to be associated with, you should have bought a Bugatti or a Dussie....IMHO...but what do I know?

Well, a 2007 doesnt stop being the 40th anniversary after a year or two, so as long as you own a 2007, and Shelby hasnt built their maximum for that package, why shouldn't you be able to get it? :headscratch:

Clearly you are part of the group that wanted 4 cars built and sold for an affordable price, eh? :hysterical:

I mean, SA could have done 15 or 20 cars and just priced it at 100k each instead, but then we would be on some other forum all talking about how ridiculous a 150k mustang would have been, and SA would have been out of business...you cant have it both ways all the time....this isn't Burger King where you can have it your way all the time.

I am thoroughly amused every time I see a post that dogs Shelby for making sales in the business that they are in...

If you want exclusive, buy the Cobra Jet or a FR500, or go all out and buy the Iacocca mustang. Personally, I like the fact that I can be comfortable enough to drive my car because I can fix or replace it if I have to, and have so many others that can share the experience with me. If SA makes 100 cars and thats it, these cars get squirreled away and we never see them again, and have no one to comenserate with at the track or car shows. Personally, I think the market for one off cars tucked away in Ron Pratt's Arizona warehouse is already cornered. If that is the class of cars you wanted to be associated with, you should have bought a Bugatti or a Dussie....IMHO...but what do I know?

how much $$ to convert an 07 to a "40th"

Well, a 2007 doesnt stop being the 40th anniversary after a year or two, so as long as you own a 2007, and Shelby hasnt built their maximum for that package, why shouldn't you be able to get it? headscratch.gif

Clearly you are part of the group that wanted 4 cars built and sold for an affordable price, eh? hysterical.gif

I did get a 2005 Ford GT, VIN #67, is that exclusive enough for you? I'm also amused you seem to know what I have and don't have. That is my wife Pam next to gt67 and myself.

Mueller2005FordGT.JPG

i have not had the window sticker in hand yet but the org. owner claims the car was ordered with nav

I stand corrected then. When I ordered mine it wasn't available, but it appears it was added toward the end of the model year run. I did get the Shaker 1000 though since it was available. Personally I wouldn't have ordered the navigation any way. Too busy driving the car to worry about it and if I got lost, who cares since I enjoy driving it so much. Good luck with your quest.

I did get a 2005 Ford GT, VIN #67, is that exclusive enough for you? I'm also amused you seem to know what I have and don't have. That is my wife Pam next to gt67 and myself.

Mueller2005FordGT.JPG

For me? Yeah, it is. But since there are 10X the GTs as 40ths, I think you contradict your own statement :headscratch::headscratch::headscratch:

I'm not sure you read my post very closely. I merely point out my surprise how everyone wants a Shelby, and doesn't want Shelby to build one for anyone else.

I can understand criticisms of builds like the turbo or SR, etc., if you want to talk brand dilution, but the 40th was the first package out....hard to argue against that.

That said, I do love your GT....I plan to have one when I can build a bigger garage. :happy feet:

how much $$ to convert an 07 to a "40th"

Dubbsfaris seems to be tongue-tied at the moment, the price we had was $11,250 coupe and $12,499 for a vert. You could add 600 or 700 HP with a supercharger, extreme plus brake system, and short throw shifter.You could email Roger or Cynthia ( I beleive she is still there) for details. Upgrades have change since then and they can help you out. Good luck with your car and do what you think is right. The 40th is a great ride! BTW I suggest to you my friend to buy Dr.Jons 40th, will end up being cheaper than the other one getting converted, 50,000 less miles and his 40th is a car we all know he took great care of.

Thanks for the comments.

At last check they have converted 258 40th out of the 300 to be built. The price is now $14999 for the coupe (plus tax and delivering the car to SAI).

There are some awesome deals out there, take your time and find what's right for you.

Jon

FYI,

The 40th. package was designed for the 2007 ONLY Shelby GT-500 model year. Coupe or convertible. It has always been limited to a 500 unit run. Nothing has changed. When #500 is done then the model is done and retired.

Price structure has not changed form the original release. There may be some confusion with the 2008-2009 Shelby GT-500 SE price structure. That is due to the package of the original being under priced. So for the best deal get your 2007 in before they are all gone.

To the 258 of 300 this is also a misleading number. The build is 500 not 300. We have 300 numbers to build here. The other 200 are assigned to 2 Mod Centers to complete. That may account for 300.

For clarification, the FIRST vehicles out of the Shelby Mod Shop were Shelby GT/SC's. But in actuality it goes back to the 2006 Hertz program.

Roger

the only thing i can add is you will get two answer's for a question like this some will say get it some will say don't . if you feel comfortable with the car then buy it!!

as Roger pointed out some of the advise you got isn't gospel

JIM

Archived