TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally, a dream realized

fishingluhrs

Ever since the arrival of the first of the GT500, I have continually salivated to the cars, and on the rare occasion I would see one here in Northern California, I would follow as long as I could just to catch a glimpse of this magnificent vehicle. On rare occasions, I would see one at a dealership, thousands over MSRP without any room to work. But a few weeks ago, the moon and the start aligned themselves and much to the protest from wife getting rid of her baby (2005 GT Convertible), I made a deal on a 2010 GT500, Brilliant Silver with Flat Black Stripes.

I drove the convertible 400 miles to trade her in, and although it was a sad day to say goodbye to that car, picking up the GT500 was, and I try to say this in the manliest way I can, choking me up a bit. We had four hundred miles northbound to get to know each other, and the relationship started off as a tender one.....but long around Fresno, some dinkus cuts me off so when traffic cleared (and with the chick switch in the off position), I eased her into 3rd and pressed to the floorboard. I was unprepared for the torque I was feeling in the rear wheels....pure power.....I didn't even have time to look over at the inevitable bird that was going to be shot in my direction....

We have had a week together now, and it has been a good week.....My wife isn't grasping the "car of my dreams" thing, but she is still graving the loss of her car.

Just wanted to share, it feels good to be a member of the club....

post-28744-127474898863_thumb.jpg

post-28744-127474898863_thumb.jpg

Ever since the arrival of the first of the GT500, I have continually salivated to the cars, and on the rare occasion I would see one here in Northern California, I would follow as long as I could just to catch a glimpse of this magnificent vehicle. On rare occasions, I would see one at a dealership, thousands over MSRP without any room to work. But a few weeks ago, the moon and the start aligned themselves and much to the protest from wife getting rid of her baby (2005 GT Convertible), I made a deal on a 2010 GT500, Brilliant Silver with Flat Black Stripes.

I drove the convertible 400 miles to trade her in, and although it was a sad day to say goodbye to that car, picking up the GT500 was, and I try to say this in the manliest way I can, choking me up a bit. We had four hundred miles northbound to get to know each other, and the relationship started off as a tender one.....but long around Fresno, some dinkus cuts me off so when traffic cleared (and with the chick switch in the off position), I eased her into 3rd and pressed to the floorboard. I was unprepared for the torque I was feeling in the rear wheels....pure power.....I didn't even have time to look over at the inevitable bird that was going to be shot in my direction....

We have had a week together now, and it has been a good week.....My wife isn't grasping the "car of my dreams" thing, but she is still graving the loss of her car.

Congrats on your new 2010 GT500. Sound like you might be a Norcal owner. I up here in the East Bay but bought my 2010 GT500 in SoCal from Galpin Ford. I had more sportscar than I want to admit but, the GT500 has been great. My wife even likes it more today than when we took delivery. I'm sure your wife will warm up to the new ride. Mike

Sounds nice. We have all been there I think. The power trip starts as soon as the key is turned. I followed a similar path when I ordered a Cali Special in 06 due to the dealer markups. I thought I would never have one that said "Shelby" on the back.

Dreams do come true!

Congrats and welcome to the boards.

CONGRATULATIONS Fishingluhr!! Welcome to TS !! Same here trading my 07 GT Supercharged Coupe in on a 2010 GT500. All the sadness disappeared when I turned the key for the first time on the Shelby. Two worlds huh ??!! Get out there and drive that thing! They are awesome machines !! -HAWKBARR

fishingluhrs,

Congratulations on your new 2010 GT500 and welcome to Team Shelby. Silver with black stripes is a great color combo! Lot's of TS members here in the Nor-Cal area and several local cruises coming up. Check out the Pacific Regional Group events on the home page.

Now... drive it like you stole it!

Archived