TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby - THANK YOU !!!! Robert & Sharon too

Grabber

Carroll Shelby, Robert Lane & Sharon (and others on the SA team) have gone out of there way to do something VERY SPECIAL for this years PNW Meet & Greet. They have donated a very nice Flag to drape over Mark's (Hisssss) car for a tribute to him. I know this took some effort to pull off and signing a nylon flag is very difficult to do. Carroll Shelby knows that Mark is a die hard Shelby guy with a passion for these cars just like all of us and the fact that he cares about what happened to Mark speaks very strongly.:salute:

I will put the Flag on Marks hood for all to see and Marks wife Barbie will take it home with her as a keep sake from this event.

001.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

011.jpg

THat is very cool. As you reflect on Mark and pay tribute, please don't forget all the uniformed personnel overseas no matter where stationed that are protecting our freedom. You guys are awesome. Wish I could be there.

THat is very cool. As you reflect on Mark and pay tribute, please don't forget all the uniformed personnel overseas no matter where stationed that are protecting our freedom. You guys are awesome. Wish I could be there.

+1... and as we honor all of our fallen military personnel next week on Memorial Day for their ultimate sacrifice in defending our freedom.

That is awesome. Once again I am awestruck about what this forum has done for a fallen solider and his family. This is not something that most car clubs or forums would do for their brothers and I Thank You!!!! I also thank all of my military counterparts for past, present, and future service...

It's going to be a somber moment as I place this flag on top of Marks car. :cry:

Today I was contacted by one small local paper called the reflector and one large one called the Columbian. Both papers are sending reporters and photographers out to do a story on the meet and greet. I told them about our passion for cars and our unique friendships and of course our fallen hero Mark Coleman. They will be here and talking to many people to do a story for the community to read.

I don't know if in all of my life and during my years of service I have ever witnessed such an out pouring of sentiment, God bless all those who have served and are serving to protect our freedom and our way of life.

Outstanding contribution by Carrol Shelby, I am proud to say I own a Shelby!!!

Wow that's very cool.

Grabber YOU deserve a lot of credit for making this happen!

Excellent work!! :salute:

I couldn't agree more! I continue to pray for Mark and his family along with all of our service men and women.

Keep up the great work Rob, God Bless.

We bowed our heads for a prayer:

Lord we pray for Marks family asking you to comfort their broken hearts. Send others to help them walk thru this loss as you restore them peace of mind and heart.

.........and then a moment of silence for Master Sgt. Mark Coleman. Then the 4 men from the Vetrans Honor guard helped us to pay our respects. 2 Buglars played Taps. It was all I could do to to say the prayer as I'm sure you could all tell. Many of us cried......:cry: Real men do cry !!!

135.jpg

136.jpg

137.jpg

138.jpg

139.jpg

140.jpg

I then asked that Marks hood be put down. SteelSteeds (Lance) helped me place the Shelby flag over his hood.

My heart broke when I did this.

grabbers012.jpg

DSC01864.jpg

grabbers013.jpg

If you look closely in the pictures posted of the honor guard, you will notice that there was one buglar in the far right corner of the field and one in the far left of the field.

The field was to wet and soft from the rain to park all the cars in and when the honor Gaurd saw that it was vacant....they said they wanted to use it for the tribute. It couldn't of worked out any better. It was a beautiful tribute to our friend from all his friends !!!

:superhero: Rest In Peace Master Sgt. Mark Coleman.:salute:

100_1369.jpg

• 5 months later...

Rob,

The pics really bring it home, there is NO way I would've kept it together once they played TAPS.. :cry:

Looking back at these pic's today and reflecting on that day makes me very sad. I need to find out how Marks wife is doing these days.

• 5 years later...

This note is from Marks wife:

It's hard to believe that today it's been 6 years since Mark died. Sometimes it seems like yesterday. I can still see the white van in the driveway and the tips of 4 green berets in the window above my door. Jess and I sobbing before we even opened the door, knowing what they were going to tell us. All our lives changed that day. I have missed him so much over the last 6 years but life does have to go on. I had to create a "new normal" for myself. The normal I was used to died with Mark. It's taken me 6 years but I now have a new normal. Right now what I miss is the fact that his grandkids will never get to know him. He isn't here to share that special joy with me. He's not her to impart his wisdom on the next generation. I still miss him everyday. I'm sure I will for the rest of my life. Thank you to all of you that remember him every year. Thank you for all your kind words. They mean so much to me. I was thinking that this year I would ask you all a favor. Write me your most favorite Mark memory. I would love to have my wall taken up with Mark memories today. He was a great man and I sure miss him.

This is a personal Video of Mark: https://www.facebook.com/barbie.coleman.7/videos/1809341707816/

God Bless MSG Mark Coleman and all of our men and women in uniform who have given the ultimate sacrifice, who have and who are currently serving, protecting the freedoms and liberties we all enjoy every day. :salute: I hope his family is doing well.

Archived