TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua Trouble Codes

TRT 0403

The last two times I've had the Terlingua on the track, I've had issues that put the car in limp mode for about 1/4 mile. It happens when I'm carrying a lot of speed into sweeping right turns. The car will be running great, and then 1/2 way through the turn it shuts down and limps along for around 1/4 mile. It doesn't happen every lap, but when it does, it returns to full power about the same spot every time. It will happen with a full tank of gas so it's not just if the fuel level is getting low.

I get two trouble codes

P0148: Fuel delivery error

P1237; Fuel pump secondary circuit (Fuel pump driver module)

It only happens on the track, never in normal driing.

Both times, Terlingua TRT0404 is running the same track and pushing his car harder than I am without ever having a similar problem. I can't find any specific info for the trouble codes on the internet for a Mustang.

Wondering if any other Terlinguas are having the same problem or if anyone else can shed any light on the problem. :headscratch:

Gotta get her fixed before Mid-America

See page 126 here on the P1237. the driver module seems to think there's an open or short and/or duty cycle is too high. I suspect it's the former and may be a loose connection (or a short) that only acts-up under high lateral load. Note that the diagnostic cycle is 3 seconds and then it posts the P1237 and shuts fuel off. This osunds like what you're seeing. Once the short/open resolves (lateral load is reduced) and all is good again. A least that's my guess... could be a tough problem to find tho. Maybe thoroughly check all wires to/from pump/FPDM, especially any crimp-connectors or wiring mods, if any.

See page 126 here on the P1237. the driver module seems to think there's an open or short and/or duty cycle is too high. I suspect it's the former and may be a loose connection (or a short) that only acts-up under high lateral load. Note that the diagnostic cycle is 3 seconds and then it posts the P1237 and shuts fuel off. This osunds like what you're seeing. Once the short/open resolves (lateral load is reduced) and all is good again. A least that's my guess... could be a tough problem to find tho. Maybe thoroughly check all wires to/from pump/FPDM, especially any crimp-connectors or wiring mods, if any.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll take a look.

Hmmmm,

Rick, I'll be happy to try and recreate the problem at MidAmerica. I'll even waive the normal diagnostic troubleshooting fee for you. Of course I may need to duplicate it several times to be sure of what is happening. Don't worry. I'm sure that by Saturday night we can figure out what the problem is.

No need to thank me now. Just knowing I am helping a good friend is thanks enough. But you can always buy me a drink or six to show your grattitude.

Hmmmm,

Rick, I'll be happy to try and recreate the problem at MidAmerica. I'll even waive the normal diagnostic troubleshooting fee for you. Of course I may need to duplicate it several times to be sure of what is happening. Don't worry. I'm sure that by Saturday night we can figure out what the problem is.

No need to thank me now. Just knowing I am helping a good friend is thanks enough. But you can always buy me a drink or six to show your grattitude.

:party: you da man!!!

Archived