TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TVS Prices

I'm looking for blower upgrades and would appreciate some insight in why the TVS is so expensive.

Its smaller than the whipple 2.9 but costs about $500 more. I see Ford Racing is selling the whipples now instead of the TVS so they must be confident in the products durability.

Thoughts?

I'm looking for blower upgrades and would appreciate some insight in why the TVS is so expensive.

Its smaller than the whipple 2.9 but costs about $500 more. I see Ford Racing is selling the whipples now instead of the TVS so they must be confident in the products durability.

Thoughts?

"Developed by ford"

The price is kind of a fact of economics of OE design & engineering of a blower that is all one piece and specifically made to fit one model.

There was a package change a while back that took out some of the un-needed parts and allows me to sell the blower a little cheaper:

http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=352&parent=103

The price is kind of a fact of economics of OE design & engineering of a blower that is all one piece and specifically made to fit one model.

There was a package change a while back that took out some of the un-needed parts and allows me to sell the blower a little cheaper:

http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=352&parent=103

Really nice package offering there too Justin. w/a 2.65" pulley to boot. When it's time, I do have my eye on that :drool:

Would it be correct to assume that since all my mods are VMP mods, that you'd have tune files for if this was added to the mix?

• 2 weeks later...

Really nice package offering there too Justin. w/a 2.65" pulley to boot. When it's time, I do have my eye on that :drool:

Would it be correct to assume that since all my mods are VMP mods, that you'd have tune files for if this was added to the mix?

Yes and the tune would be no charge if you purchased everything from me.

Yes and the tune would be no charge if you purchased everything from me.

I checked out VMP tunings website tonight as the wife has given the go ahead (yes I admit it I had to get permission!) to get a blower.

Looks like there is one heck of a deal at VMP tuning but it requires a 3 person min order.

Does anyone know if this package requires bigger injectors or will it work okay with the stock setup? Also has anyone purchases this kit yet or waiting for others to join in?

"Polished TVS Group-buy from Team Shelby Site, includes polished tvs blower with vmp 2.65 upper (or stock 2.9 if you wish), VMP big elbow port matched to blower, and vmp 72mm TB. 4wk lead time and 3 person minimum order. Please discuss with justin@vmptuningcom before ordering." $5K - that's cheap compared considering this baby is POLISHED!!!!

I checked out VMP tunings website tonight as the wife has given the go ahead (yes I admit it I had to get permission!) to get a blower.

Looks like there is one heck of a deal at VMP tuning but it requires a 3 person min order.

I did not notice the 3 person min order. But did email Justin the question about if it would require bigger injectors or other changes. Just curious. Not sure if I'm ready to take that big of a leap yet. Should know shortly

I can't find this:

Polished TVS Group-buy from Team Shelby Site, includes polished tvs blower with vmp 2.65 upper (or stock 2.9 if you wish), VMP big elbow port matched to blower, and vmp 72mm TB. 4wk lead time and 3 person minimum order. Please discuss with justin@vmptuningcom before ordering." $5K - that's cheap compared considering this baby is POLISHED!!!!

on thier site.....am I missing something?

I can't really do this one this year but, I am thinking of it next year....

I can't find this:

Polished TVS Group-buy from Team Shelby Site, includes polished tvs blower with vmp 2.65 upper (or stock 2.9 if you wish), VMP big elbow port matched to blower, and vmp 72mm TB. 4wk lead time and 3 person minimum order. Please discuss with justin@vmptuningcom before ordering." $5K - that's cheap compared considering this baby is POLISHED!!!!

on thier site.....am I missing something?

I can't really do this one this year but, I am thinking of it next year....

HERE's the link Mike.

Why aren't injectors or BAP required for TVS but, are for others?

Also...with the combo Justin is offering...what is estimated HP to rear wheels?

The big twin screws are moving much more air and require commensurate fuel delivery. Naturally they make much more power. That being said, there are a few monster TVS set ups out there (VMP), but generally the TVS is made for moderate applications with no add-ons required.

I can still get the polished TVS blowers if there is enough interest but we tried a few months ago and everyone got interested and then dropped out.

If you keep boost around 16psi then stock injectors and pumps will work in most cases, this goes for any blower. I have made 748rwhp with my TVS but i have 80lb injectors.

I can still get the polished TVS blowers if there is enough interest but we tried a few months ago and everyone got interested and then dropped out.

If you keep boost around 16psi then stock injectors and pumps will work in most cases, this goes for any blower. I have made 748rwhp with my TVS but i have 80lb injectors.

Had I seen this before I did the mods I did..I have have gone this way instead. I did 2.65, 90mm idler, JLT, X-Cal with Lund tune..radiator and he upgrades..so, I blew through some cash. That along with suspension mods a month earlier. I would probably go ahead and do the injectors and BAP just to be safe with the TVS. I would prefer to keep the JLT..and just update my Xcal with a tune...

If by chance more money shows up and I can do it soon I'll let you know but, if not..this is probably an early next year thing. When tax money comes in..I like to go big with the mods!

Thanks Justin!

Up to about 750rwhp you can do injectors only or bap only, you don't need both.

With a bap you can raise fuel pressure to get enough flow from the stock injectors, and conversely, with larger injectors you can drop fuel pressure back to normal levels and the pumps do okay.

Does anyone know if this package requires bigger injectors or will it work okay with the stock setup? Also has anyone purchases this kit yet or waiting for others to join in?

"Polished TVS Group-buy from Team Shelby Site, includes polished tvs blower with vmp 2.65 upper (or stock 2.9 if you wish), VMP big elbow port matched to blower, and vmp 72mm TB. 4wk lead time and 3 person minimum order. Please discuss with justin@vmptuningcom before ordering." $5K - that's cheap compared considering this baby is POLISHED!!!!

Just remember, it's much easier to ask for forgiveness then for permission. My wife asked me if I bought new wheels (which I did), and I said no, I just turned the old ones over, they're reversible!

Thought the last going rate for a new TVS was 3800.00-4000.00 is this still accurate or has the price changed?

Yes just the blower with no pulley. Mind you this is the polished unit, comes with smaller pulley installed, throttle body, higgh flow inlet and a tune. Add all this up and your well over $5500. Any taker.???....I need two more people to commit to get this price for all involved in group buy!

Yes just the blower with no pulley. Mind you this is the polished unit, comes with smaller pulley installed, throttle body, higgh flow inlet and a tune. Add all this up and your well over $5500. Any taker.???....I need two more people to commit to get this price for all involved in group buy!

I may be crazy... but I think I'm ready to bite so keep me in the loop!

What else is required beyond the package deal?

Using your pulley as an example, you should pass Ray.

By the time you get around to the install, the thing will be an antique! :hysterical:

We'll nothing else is required except a tuner to install the tune with. Justin provides the tune so just a means to get in on the car and your good to go.

Let me know if your interested because I am going to pull the trigger in the next week on something and if we can get the group buy then we all win. Alternatively I won't be buying as much as this package comes with because separately its much much more expensive. I'll have to just get the non polished blower which is $4200 bucks which is a let down compared to this.

The best part about this is it will add some 'bling' under the hood which will attract more at the shows.

Using your pulley as an example, you should pass Ray.

By the time you get around to the install, the thing will be an antique! :hysterical:

Just so long as I stay far away from your garage Steve. :finger:

We'll nothing else is required except a tuner to install the tune with. Justin provides the tune so just a means to get in on the car and your good to go.

Let me know if your interested because I am going to pull the trigger in the next week on something and if we can get the group buy then we all win. Alternatively I won't be buying as much as this package comes with because separately its much much more expensive. I'll have to just get the non polished blower which is $4200 bucks which is a let down compared to this.

The best part about this is it will add some 'bling' under the hood which will attract more at the shows.

I already have the tuner... woo hoo!

Definitely want to do it if we get the group buy. I want the polished one.

Did you get any response back from Justin? I have at least one more person interested if they can get the polished TVS alone for $4200.

I think we are very close to a group deal here!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I did hear from him but it was a pretty generic response. He said that there is a resurgence of interest but no real commitments.

He told me that if we didn't have three buyers the complete unit would be an additional $500.

I would suggest emailing him about your question and then get back to me. If we get three then we can call him and make our specific orders individually.

Archived