TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Does anyone know if the new valve stem TPMS that comes on the 2010 Mustangs is compatible with the 2007/2008 SGT system. I heard some where that it is but can not find the thread anywhere. I hate the bands that we have compared to the new valve stem setup.

I've been told by my friends at my dealership (service and parts managers) that the two systems are not interchangable. The question came up when I purchased new wheels, and needed to replace the 07 sensors and bands. I knew about the valve system systems and asked, and was told that they are not compatable.

However, I have no personal experience, I never tried to import the valve stem sensors in place of the wheel/band sensors.

I've been told by my friends at my dealership (service and parts managers) that the two systems are not interchangable. The question came up when I purchased new wheels, and needed to replace the 07 sensors and bands. I knew about the valve system systems and asked, and was told that they are not compatable.

However, I have no personal experience, I never tried to import the valve stem sensors in place of the wheel/band sensors.

That is pretty much the same thing I have heard. I wish they were compatible as the valve stem system is much cleaner.

Archived