TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 GT500 with stage 1 on the dyno

wow, that seems very unimpressive.

My 07 put down 511rwhp with just jlt intake/tune

no tuning done?

No tuning was done.

Stock it put down 493

Nobody can tune them yet, totally new strategy.

Do not expect anybody soon beside ford to be able to tune the 2011's at least safely.There is 6 times the fuel and spark maps in the 2011 ver the 2010.

The aftermarket will have a huge learning curve with these cars(if and when they can crack the software)

20 rwhp gain for a bolt on with no tuning IMO is pretty good.(specially because they cant be tuned at this point)

No tuning was done.

Stock it put down 493

Nobody can tune them yet, totally new strategy.

Do not expect anybody soon beside ford to be able to tune the 2011's at least safely.There is 6 times the fuel and spark maps in the 2011 ver the 2010.

The aftermarket will have a huge learning curve with these cars(if and when they can crack the software)

20 rwhp gain for a bolt on with no tuning IMO is pretty good.(specially because they cant be tuned at this point)

I just figured tuning was done but now it makes more sense.

So once tuned, what do you think with this combo?

I'd have to guess about 540rwhp but who knows

That is like a pullied 07-10, not too shabby

I'm curious what the curb weight is. We all know the motor is 120 pounds less but how much weight was added back with the added braces underneather and sound deadening and so on.

I'm fine with only 500hp, just keep dropping weight :D

Btw it is a dyno dynamics dyno. Pointless to compare to your Mustang Dyno and Dynojet #'s as Chuck did above.

I don't know, Evo puts down some pretty high numbers for a mustang dyno which typically shows much less.

Don't quote me but I believe in the end it should not matter mustang dyno vs dyno jet, humidity and so on because the numbers are corrected at the end or at least should be

Anyway, numbers don't mean squat so who cares, lets move on. I thought the car was tuned and it was not therefore 20rwhp pickup is great IMO

This is a very impressive gain for just a TB and silencer delete. I'd bet that once the tuning ability becomes more main stream, minor mods like this will be worth even more. I don't believe for a second that the aftermarket won'e be all over breaking through the software in the 2011 though, it's just not a realistic thought. Companies like SCT and Diablo Sport make their living doing exactly that and I wouldn't be surprised to see tuning software available for the 2011 before the end of 2010.

wow, that seems very unimpressive.

My 07 put down 511rwhp with just jlt intake/tune

no tuning done?

That must be the worlds highest reading dyno.

Did some more reading. I assuming you had your car dyno'd at Evo? That explains a lot....

It is surprising that with a larger intercooler, electric steering and better exhaust that the 2011 only gains 10 hp.

if the dyno numbers are correct, and if you factor in 15% loss to the drivetrain (not the common 20%).................then a stock 2011 has more like a 580 hp motor.

Archived