TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Painted over the top and sides stripe.

Can you please provide me with more info on this?

1) Is the additional charge for the blue strips only or does this include a special white paint also?

2) How many layers of clear coat will be applied to the vehicle?

Thanks for the help.

Can you please provide me with more info on this?

1) Is the additional charge for the blue strips only or does this include a special white paint also?

2) How many layers of clear coat will be applied to the vehicle?

Thanks for the help.

Standard is Vinyl striping. Addition charge for side and over the top painted, correct Guardsman Blue strips and 2 coats of clear.

Hope this helps.

Standard is Vinyl striping. Addition charge for side and over the top painted, correct Guardsman Blue strips and 2 coats of clear.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Roger ,

So this does not include any white paint. Just the blue stripes.

Is the clear coat just for the stripes? Or the whole car?

Thanks Roger ,

So this does not include any white paint. Just the blue stripes.

Is the clear coat just for the stripes? Or the whole car?

Clear is for the stripe and small overlap. Remembering back to the original in 65, the cars were painted white from Ford then sent for conversion. The side stripe was painted and the G.T.350 was tape. Most were were not striped at the factory. It was a dealer installed option. Just a hard tape line you could feel as you ran your hand over the stripe to the white paint.

It has a similar feel but smoother.

Hope this helps.

Roger

Clear is for the stripe and small overlap. Remembering back to the original in 65, the cars were painted white from Ford then sent for conversion. The side stripe was painted and the G.T.350 was tape. Most were were not striped at the factory. It was a dealer installed option. Just a hard tape line you could feel as you ran your hand over the stripe to the white paint.

It has a similar feel but smoother.

Hope this helps.

Roger

Thanks Roger,

I should have my ID # for you in about 10 days (says my dealer). I’m still tossing around the painted stripes.

Archived