TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring sensors) & Bands

Anyone know of a good place to get Ford TPMS (tire pressure monitoring sensors) & Bands? Called Ford today and they want $800.00:(

I bought a brand new set of 4 with bands on Ebay for $69..... Ford is nuts!!!

Here's a link for a set for $80 w/o bands...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-OE-NEW-TPMS-Sensors-Mustang-Explorer-Focus-Edge-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1e5ba141e2QQitemZ130386313698QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

A quck question on that.. I replaced my bands and sensors when I moved up to 20 inch wheels.. They are(new) ford sensors.. I did not program the new sensors yet I am not getting a tpms light... why not ?

I got a TPMS light when I first installed new wheels w/o sensors, but then noticed a few days later that there was no light. I finally guessed that maybe the old sensors/tires/wheels in the garage kept the light off and it only alarmed after a particular time lapse. :headscratch:

I got a TPMS light when I first installed new wheels w/o sensors, but then noticed a few days later that there was no light. I finally guessed that maybe the old sensors/tires/wheels in the garage kept the light off and it only alarmed after a particular time lapse. :headscratch:

Bingo! Had the same experience - when I moved the old rims/tires to the shed and out of the garage, the light came on and stayed on...those things have quite range *L*. I reset the system with that tuner tool and all's been ok since.

• 2 weeks later...

When I went to NTB to fix a flat they told me they could not put the bands on or get any. A Goodyear shop would do it and charge either 60 or 80 to get a band from Ford. Went to the Ford dealer myself and paid 55 for the new band to be put on. (only needed to do one one wheel)

Any reason it might be the NTB shop itself that couldn't do it, not the chain?

Any reason it might be the NTB shop itself that couldn't do it, not the chain?

There is no reason anyone that changes tires can't put on a TPMS sensor band. There is also no reason to pay $50 + for a tire band. Go to any local tire store and you should be able to buy a universal band for $15 to $25. Afterall we're just talking about a giant worm clamp :confused:

Archived